shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers and good vibes requested...

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Mariposa,
I am sorry for not seeing this thread earlier. FI, fur babies and I are sending clouds of dust your way. I credit you as one of the helpful individuals who helped me learn about Van Craeynest and started me on the path to my ering. Like Janinegirly said, your kindness and thoughtfulness comes through in your posts. And, strength if I may add. I am looking forward to seeing those hand shots.
***dust***dust***dust***dust***dust***dust***dust***dust***dust***dust***dust***

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
TONS of dust, prayers, good thoughts headed your way - what a devastating disease to be dealing with at such a young age.

É

étoile

Date: 11/11/2009 8:57:51 PM
Author: monarch64
Best wishes to you Mariposa! My dad was diagnosed in 2003 at stage IV and has survived extensive surgeries, radiation/chemo, etc. He was 64 when diagnosed and just turned 69. Remission is at 3 years now and we are optimistic that he will remain in good health for years to come. Stay positive. We are all rooting for you.
I''m happy for your dad and your family. The beautiful thing about humanity is the hope that human beings have against all odds. People like your dad and Mariposa inspire others with their will, grace, and fortitude.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Mariposa,

I am thinking of you! I send you a smile, hug, and lots of dust.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mariposa, I just wanted to say that you are still in my thoughts.
emrose.gif

I hope that peace, love and happiness are yours during this holiday season.

Heather

MrsK

Rough_Rock
Mariposa,

I have only just come across this thread. You are so brave to be facing your journey. I am certainly praying for you, for your quick recovery to good health, for your strength, and for your family. I will be thinking of you over Christmas and the New Year holidays.

Sending you much love,

Ania (''MrsK'')

marym

Shiny_Rock
Mariposa,

Even though I don''t know you, I find myself thinking about you a lot. Your story has profoundly touched me. Maybe because we are relatively close in age. You just don''t ever think in your 30''s that you might be stricken down with a disease like cancer. We are watching my dad slip away from dementia, and while that has been so devastating, and at times I have been so depressed, your story reminds me that I have to live each day to the fullest. I think about you and your bravery, and it helps me to keep chugging along, even when I feel like just curling into a little ball and falling apart.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, dear Mariposa. I sincerely hope you are doing better, and that this treatment helps. I am hoping and praying for a miracle for you.

-Mary

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes and a big hug Mariposa.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you today Mariposa.
I hope that you are well and that 2010 is wonderful, healthy and happy year for you.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2009 9:48:57 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you today Mariposa.

I hope that you are well and that 2010 is wonderful, healthy and happy year for you.

Ditto to this. I hope this holiday has brought good news, happiness, and peace to you and yours, and that the New Year will bring the same.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mariposa, I just now saw this thread. I am sending you all my well wishes and dust! Miracles do happen. Cancer is such a strange and unpredictable creature, there are so many people who live years and years longer than the doctors though possible. I know you will be one of those people!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just stopping in to let you know that you''re still in my prayers. I can''t imagine what you''re going through anticipating the new year, but I hope you''re finding some happiness. Lots of big hugs to you!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Dear Mariposa,

Im so sorry ive only just come upon this thread now. You''re in my thoughts and prayers, wishing you strength and peace.

I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas and the New Year brings you lots of healing dust and a miracle....you deserve one.

xo

blackpaw.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mariposa...I am so sorry and sending you healing and hopeful dust. I will keep you in prayers and I hope that you will make a full recovery, going forward to live a wonderful life.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2009 4:37:40 PM
Author: étoile

Date: 11/11/2009 8:57:51 PM
Author: monarch64
Best wishes to you Mariposa! My dad was diagnosed in 2003 at stage IV and has survived extensive surgeries, radiation/chemo, etc. He was 64 when diagnosed and just turned 69. Remission is at 3 years now and we are optimistic that he will remain in good health for years to come. Stay positive. We are all rooting for you.
I''m happy for your dad and your family. The beautiful thing about humanity is the hope that human beings have against all odds. People like your dad and Mariposa inspire others with their will, grace, and fortitude.
Thank you, etoile! Very kind of you to express that.

Mariposa, thinking of you.

richdor

Rough_Rock
Mariposa: This is truly the fight of your life and I am so sorry that you are undergoing this great burden. Please remember, dear, your friends here are giving you tons of "good vibes" and so many prayers are being said for your swift recovery. I am a two time breast cancer survivor and I am here seventeen years after the first diagnosis. My mantra during my own ordeal was that "I had cancer, but the cancer didn''t have me". I will pray for you daily. God bless and keep strong. Much love comes your way.

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
I hope you all had an excellent Holiday Season!!

Thank you SO much to all of you. Reading through all of your posts brought tears to my eyes; it's truly a wonderful thing to have so many people on my side. The new year did bring some hopeful news for me. I found a surgeon who has agreed to perform an "experimental" yet very effective surgical procedure on me called HIPEC. This will be done in conjunction with a liver resection.

So, again, I know I don't post here much, but I'll be away for awhile. As of February 1st, I will be Mariposa minus my omentum, uterus, ovaries, spleen, gallbladder, some of my small intestine, possibly the rest of my large intestine, 1/2 of my liver and all existing tumors in my abdomen. I've been concentrating so much on whether or not my surgeon would would give the thumbs up that I didn't really stop to think about what my body would be going through and I have to admit that I'm freaking out a little.

Again, thank you all so much for all your wonderful thoughts, wishes and prayers. My deepest gratitude and love go out to all of you.

Monarch I will pray for continued good health for you father, I LOVE hearing survivor stories. Unfortunately, there aren't too many when you start talking about Stage IV.

Love,
Mariposa

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mariposa, I hope your surgery goes well!!

Yours is a survivor story, and your strength is truly inspirational. I'm praying for a quick and complete recovery.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I will be thinking of you and hoping the surgery goes well, Mariposa. You have more courage than most people I know. I wish you the very best.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I will be thinking of you and hope for the best possible outcome for you! I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly. Take care of yourself
face1.gif
emlove.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What an amazingly strong and positive lady you are Mariposa!
emlove.gif

That's so wonderful that the surgeon gave you the thumbs up!! I know I would be scared about what was going to be happening to my body too, but hang in there and know that so many here will be thinking of you, sending positive thoughts and prayers, and wishing for a very successful surgical outcome.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mariposa That is wonderful news! I can certainly see why it is scary in a whole new way, that is a lot of organs you listed! But you are a fighter, I can tell, and I would hope that were I in your shoes I too would be willing to try whatever was available to find a cure. Maybe we will read about you in the newspaper because you are the first woman who had this new procedure and then lived to 100!
9.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Mariposa dear,
I am thinking of you. Thank you for the update. It does sound scary, but I struck by your strength and incredible heart.

Dust coming your way!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I work in medicine. I''ve seen wonderfully fantastic things happen. Believe.

xxxooo

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Mariposa,

I''m so glad to hear about your experimental surgery. Please stay optimistic, and I will continue to pray for you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Mariposa)))))))))))))))))))))))))

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking of you, Mariposa and praying that your surgery goes well. May this New Year brings you health and happiness!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
What exciting news! I pray that the surgery is successful and you recover quickly and completely! So glad that you''ve found another option!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
You have every right to freak out I know I would but your giving yourself the best chance of beating this thing :) and you have all of us praying/wishing for the best outcome as well as your loved ones in the real world.

I am praying for the best news and wishing you the best, you can do this :).

*hugs* You are a strong and amazing individual
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mariposa, strongest prayers outgoing!!! I will be thinking of you and praying for a successful surgery! Your strength is inspiring; sending you a giant hug.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Mariposa, I am sending you good thoughts and big hugs. I am so glad they are going to try this for you as you have so much life to live yet. I am sending good thought and hugs to your husband and family too as they too will be going through a great deal during this time. I know all too well how stressful it can be for family members.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results