shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your fave settings for marquise- I need new inspiration

Bling it on

Rough_Rock
I have recently purchased a 0.83ct marquise, which I think will be a nice size for me (finger size 5) as it will not look too 'small' but wont be really out-there either as I feel a bit self conscious about wearing huge rings that gets lots of questions.

I am in that exciting phase now where I have the diamond, and now I need to choose a setting! I have some ideas but am still stuck in that phase where I like lots of things and am no closer to choosing one. I have browsed the Show me the bling threads here on marquise engagement ring and have visited the main online vendor sites to find settings for marquise diamonds (Blue Nile, James Allen, Eternity by Yoni, Whiteflash etc).

I originally thought I wanted to go with a vintage look, but I do also like the clean classic lines of a solitaire (with the marquise shape, this will be a unique looking ring anyway, even if the solitaire itself is not unique). I absolutely adore the look of marquise's in halos but my marquise diamond is already 9.05mm x5.13mm and I don't think I could pull over any more finger coverage so I made a decision to not go with a halo. I am not averse to sidestones as long as they are smallish and in your proportion to centre stone.

Show me any marquise settings that you have saved in your favourites folder. I know I have done a lot of setting research already but I know that Pricescopers always come up with the wild, wonderful and unusual! Cant wait to see any beautiful marquise settings I may not have seen already

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Re: Post your fave settings for marquise- I need new inspira

This is my marquise (3.15 carats) that I have had set two different ways... both were done by David Klass who is really lovely to work with

1002151125a_1.jpg

_35015.jpg

marq11.jpg

0722151552_1_0.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am not a fan of marquise in diamonds, however, I like this setting and may have a CS set this way in future.

20150801_121154__1_.jpg

And I also like this one:

mqring01_0.png

DK :))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This new Erika Winters makes me want a Marquise too! I love this setting... She made it East West but I think I would love this one either way.

_35017.jpg

Bling it on

Rough_Rock

Rainbowradish - holy cow, that is some marquise!! Stunning diamond. I like both the settings you posted, but the second one is more my 'style'. I have also worked with David before on a number of previous ring projects and I agree he is great to work with. Do you mind posting some more photos of the gallery of the second reset you posted. I like the pave basket and the prongs look incredible! (Not a huge fan of those bulky looking v-tip prongs on the end of the majority of marquise rings these days.)

Dk168 - the first setting you posted is fantastic, and yes a coloured stone would look awesome in that but that would be a right hand ring style for me and I want this as an alternate wedding set. Also, the double halo marquise ring you posted is exquisite - are those pink diamond in the inner halo? (Or just reflection of the pink background?) Squeeee! I can just picture my new marquise in a double halo with fancy pink melee! (have to win the lottery first.......)

MayK- trule gorgeous ring. How big is that marquise in the centre? The rich gold colour and milgrain detail is divine! This setting is not really suitable (for me) as an engagement ring, but you definitely have me leaning in the direction of yellow gold (and milgrain too!)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bling it on|1445774053|3941891 said:
Rainbowradish - holy cow, that is some marquise!! Stunning diamond. I like both the settings you posted, but the second one is more my 'style'. I have also worked with David before on a number of previous ring projects and I agree he is great to work with. Do you mind posting some more photos of the gallery of the second reset you posted. I like the pave basket and the prongs look incredible! (Not a huge fan of those bulky looking v-tip prongs on the end of the majority of marquise rings these days.)

Dk168 - the first setting you posted is fantastic, and yes a coloured stone would look awesome in that but that would be a right hand ring style for me and I want this as an alternate wedding set. Also, the double halo marquise ring you posted is exquisite - are those pink diamond in the inner halo? (Or just reflection of the pink background?) Squeeee! I can just picture my new marquise in a double halo with fancy pink melee! (have to win the lottery first.......)

MayK- trule gorgeous ring. How big is that marquise in the centre? The rich gold colour and milgrain detail is divine! This setting is not really suitable (for me) as an engagement ring, but you definitely have me leaning in the direction of yellow gold (and milgrain too!)

1.08 ct.

Q

Queenie60

imgres_0.jpg

Had this one done last year (setting by Mark Silverstein in So. California) - used a champagne colored marquise and had them add rose gold to the upper twist and for the prongs around the stone. Came out beautiful.

Bling it on

Rough_Rock

Queenie60 - do you happen to have any handshots? I love this! And how big was the marquis you had for the centrestone?

Q

Queenie60

Bling it on|1445807731|3942056 said:
Queenie60 - do you happen to have any handshots? I love this! And how big was the marquis you had for the centrestone?

Will take some photos to show you. My marquise is .84 carat. And I did not have the halo done around bottom of stone. I wanted stone to stand out. It's a great right hand ring. Will get back to you asap with photos of my ring. Glad you like it. 8-)

Bling it on

Rough_Rock

Niel - I have seen this ring previously and thought it was such an interesting way to set a marquise. Just spectacular! this could really work for me as the band style would make me feel less self-conscious when wearing the diamond. (9mm X 5mm is big for me when not a right hand ring!)

Also funnily enough, my husband rarely wears his wedding ring as he is an electrician and its unsafe to do so at work when wiring up cables etc so recently he got a small infinity symbol tattooed on his left ring finger which looks like a ring going around his finger. If i got this ring in the infinity symbol style, it would be pretty meaningful!! Matching infinity symbols on our wedding ring fingers

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MY absolute FAVORITE MQ setting is called the "Cava" by the MaeVona brand - oMG - love it!!!!! I think your size diamond would look smashing. Sorry IDK how to attach a pic from their website.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Here's my marquise! I love this setting, it's so dainty.

_624.jpeg

_625.jpeg

Bling it on

Rough_Rock

So beautiful Ricezo! Looks really great on your finger.

My diamond is 9mm X 5mm and set EW on my size 4.75 finger, I'm not sure I could pull it off. But this is a fantastic idea for a right hand ring. I just might steal this setting idea from you!

Bling it on

Rough_Rock

Here are some of the pics/videos of the diamond I have purchased from MDZ:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4R7_ltXoYc

So excited about all the possibilities for the ring I could make for this! Please keep the inspiration pics coming, I'm loving this thread and all the posts so far

_35044.jpg

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Here is one of my favorite marquise east west settings.

20150201_162541_resized_1.jpg

sugarski

Shiny_Rock

I remember someone posted here an east-west set marquise in a very simple, modern platinum (maybe wg) bezel, no milgrain, no sidestones. The ring is GORGEOUS and so different, but I can't remember what thread it was on. Anyone else remember this ring? That was one of my favorites for sure and the first time I really loved a marquise stone! I'll update if I find the thread.

ETA: it's this ring but still not sure what the original thread was: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/icp/_7421.jpg']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/icp/_7421.jpg[/URL]

ETA2: looks like Niel originally posted it on this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/in-need-of-advice-for-an-engagement-ring.190396/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/in-need-of-advice-for-an-engagement-ring.190396/[/URL]

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

THANK YOU Derbygal - THAT and their Cava design make me melt!!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My humble marquise ring - a light yellow diamond set in a 14k yellow gold Eutruscan-style band ring, made by a local jeweler. (I can't seem to get a good shot of this ring!)

m2_1.jpg

img_2362.jpg

Celebrating25

Rough_Rock

I have a marquise ring I was thinking about having reset at some point. Here are some pics of a style from my inspiration folder. I love the double halo, and angles of this design which really highlight the marquis shape. Personally, I would not use colored stones in the setting (or any diamond center stone setting for that matter), as no matter how beautiful, they draw the eye away from the center stone.

02139_marquise_halo-engagement-ring-double_4.jpg 02139_marquise_halo-engagement-ring-double_3.jpg
02139_marquise_halo-engagement-ring-double_2.jpg 02139_marquise_halo-engagement-ring-double.jpg

I hope you find just the perfect ring style that makes your heart sing. : )

Please be sure and post the pics of your end design.

Celebrating25

Rough_Rock

...and a few more from the inspiration folder (these are both ovals, but I think both designs would translate beautifully to a marquise, as both designs play up the elongated shape).

yellow_sapphire_setting.jpg
(This beautiful yellow sapphire pic came from another Pricescoper, but I don't remember who in order to give proper credit -- I hope they don't mind!).

bez_ambar_bouquet-of-light-for-oval-diamond-center-300x300.jpg

Enjoy! : )

P.S. therainbowradish -- love, love, love both your marquise settings (the first and last -- each so different & each gorgeous!). So glad you posted your rings here, as I followed along on your journey and love seeing the beautiful end results of your ring.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is my marquise ring. The stone is only .81ct FLY.

dsc_336.jpg

dsc_2097.jpg

ponder

Brilliant_Rock

Niel|1445809746|3942062 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-fresh-new-look-marquise

As a card carrying marquis lover/wearer, I LOVE this ring!

Bling it on

Rough_Rock

VRBeauty - not so humble, that is a statement ring!! The yellow gold is really wonderful, looks so comfy too

Celebrating25 - I adore the oval ring with the triple split shank - never seen anything like that before! Thanks - I hope i find something that makes my heart sing too.
Will definitely post in the SMTR forum when its finished

Catmom - beautfiful FLY marquise. that ring looks like a set with your tennis bracelet, are those FLYs in your bracelet aswell? I must say,your ring and bracelet look so good together

Apacherose - WOW,are those rubies in the halo of your favourites pic? If i had unlimited funds, I would create this ring with an emerald halo - to die for! Who is the designer of that ring? It is perfect!

Bling it on

Rough_Rock

So I have fallen in love with all of the rings people have posted in this thread. Thank you, its been so good to look at all the amazing images you have posted and seeing that marquise rings are definitely NOT outdated, they are simply stunning and perhaps my new favourite diamond shape.

After days of mulling over what to do, I have decided simple is best. As this is going to be an alternate wedding set,i dont want it be too RHR looking, but more classic and I really feel i can't pull off a halo especially a marquise halo (I would feel self-conscious wearing the ring everywhere and I want to avoid that, this ring needs to be an 'everyday' kind of ring!)

I have decided to go with a cathedral setting and taking my inspiration from Niel's previous gold marquise solitaire, I want triple claw prongs on the marquise end tips. Pave shank for that extra sparkle. Undecided on yellow gold or white gold, still mulling over that one

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results