shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Post your Cartier jewels/rings/watches!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been very fickle about what I wanted for my “one band to rule them all” - and I finally settled on the 1895 band from Cartier.

I got the yellow gold in 3.5mm, and it’s the perfect lush weight, shape and color. I don’t know why I hesitated. It feels like liquid on my hand. My husband got the 5mm, and he arranged it as a birthday gift.

For perspective, I got the size 58 (8.25 us)

This isn’t the biggest purchase, but an important one!

58399C0D-0A17-475D-9CA7-963FEE168A49.jpeg
582DABDC-790A-487F-93B6-18D015FDBABA.jpeg
D0E5C697-B041-4DD9-9BE6-6C381813CB84.jpeg

I also became smitten with the juste un clou necklace and the Cartier tank.

I tried on the Tank, Panthere, Ballon Bleu and Ronde, and was shocked that the medium tank was my favorite!

I’m hesitant to covet a quartz watch at the price point, so, not totally sure…I also love the IWC Portugieser which is a totally different look…it’ll probably take years and a special anniversary for me to find land on “my watch” - I don’t really aspire to own multiple

3BA7C136-3EA0-4929-92E8-F9288349D41B.jpeg

99D4EC87-E011-4A70-835F-C6E7C216F5EF.jpeg

I love how you describe the ring as 'liquid gold' - the photo looks utterly delectable! That rounded profile is subtle and classy.

Really like the Tank too. If you're averse to one in-store at the retail price, have you considered buying one second hand or at auction? I bought one years ago at a Sotheby's auction (18ct gold for c. £2,000, it's still quartz though!) and whilst it didn't come with boxes or paperwork, I trusted Sotheby's to authenticate it and I knew I wouldn't sell it on either.

Sadly the watch was stolen (along with all my other pre-2021 jewellery) when our house was burgled so I'm sitting on the sidelines, waiting for another vintage Tank to come to auction... :twisted2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love how you describe the ring as 'liquid gold' - the photo looks utterly delectable! That rounded profile is subtle and classy.

Really like the Tank too. If you're averse to one in-store at the retail price, have you considered buying one second hand or at auction? I bought one years ago at a Sotheby's auction (18ct gold for c. £2,000, it's still quartz though!) and whilst it didn't come with boxes or paperwork, I trusted Sotheby's to authenticate it and I knew I wouldn't sell it on either.

Sadly the watch was stolen (along with all my other pre-2021 jewellery) when our house was burgled so I'm sitting on the sidelines, waiting for another vintage Tank to come to auction... :twisted2:

Thank you! I’ve enjoyed the band so much I’ve been wearing it solo for a few days…

And gosh I’m sorry you lost your Cartier Tank too. But preloved is a fantastic idea, and 2k is a much more palatable for a quartz watch! I doubt I’d resell a watch like that at the pricepoint too…thanks for the idea!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I’ve enjoyed the band so much I’ve been wearing it solo for a few days…

And gosh I’m sorry you lost your Cartier Tank too. But preloved is a fantastic idea, and 2k is a much more palatable for a quartz watch! I doubt I’d resell a watch like that at the pricepoint too…thanks for the idea!

I’m not sure if it’ll still be £2k now (I got it at least five years ago) but it’s definitely much more affordable at auction or pre-loved!

I actually have a photo of it with the JUC bracelet on my Instagram here (which is so fitting with the JUC necklace you liked!)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m not sure if it’ll still be £2k now (I got it at least five years ago) but it’s definitely much more affordable at auction or pre-loved!

I actually have a photo of it with the JUC bracelet on my Instagram here (which is so fitting with the JUC necklace you liked!)

Omggggg I love the moonphase and MOP dial! I didn’t even know it came in that style!

Fingers crossed you find another again.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Omggggg I love the moonphase and MOP dial! I didn’t even know it came in that style!

Fingers crossed you find another again.

Haha thanks, I hope so too but it’s unlikely :(

The reason this Tank was so well priced when I bought it is because it was a Frankenstein watch: the movement was from an 80s steel Tank (which is where the moon phase came from), the 18ct gold case was later fitted, the diamonds and MOP dial was fitted after that.

The moon phase was definitely my favourite part: the little shiny golden moon was a small detail that only I would notice, and it would make me smile so much.

My timepiece friend said he got goosebumps (and not the good kind!) when he thought about the provenance of my watch, but I didn’t care… :D

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Haha thanks, I hope so too but it’s unlikely :(

The reason this Tank was so well priced when I bought it is because it was a Frankenstein watch: the movement was from an 80s steel Tank (which is where the moon phase came from), the 18ct gold case was later fitted, the diamonds and MOP dial was fitted after that.

The moon phase was definitely my favourite part: the little shiny golden moon was a small detail that only I would notice, and it would make me smile so much.

My timepiece friend said he got goosebumps (and not the good kind!) when he thought about the provenance of my watch, but I didn’t care… :D

Oh I wouldn’t care about the provenance either!

I actually love a moonphase + 18ct gold + MOP dial combo and honestly they are so few a far between in a realistic price point! I’ve actually thought about making a Frankenstein myself in full transparency! :lol:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
@Cartier_love posted her clash de Cartier a few weeks ago and as soon as I saw it i HAD to have it!!! It is so me. I got it today and I'm obsessed - I love the color, it's called "pink gold" but it looks basically yellow to me, honestly, I dont really get 'pink' from it, but I love it. I always said I wasnt color sensitive LOL. Now I want to get the Etincelle in white gold to complete the colors :evil2:

IMG_1899.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cartier_love posted her clash de Cartier a few weeks ago and as soon as I saw it i HAD to have it!!! It is so me. I got it today and I'm obsessed - I love the color, it's called "pink gold" but it looks basically yellow to me, honestly, I dont really get 'pink' from it, but I love it. I always said I wasnt color sensitive LOL. Now I want to get the Etincelle in white gold to complete the colors :evil2:

IMG_1899.jpg

It’s a totally cool piece. Love it on you!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked i love the clash on you! I love love The design it’s my only Cartier bracelet because it really speaks to me!

C64ED238-3D96-4BB9-9146-2DB4791F1EAA.jpeg

I’m so obsessed with it!! I honestly never saw it before and the second I saw it on here I *had* to have it!! The SA had one as well and she said “it’s not as iconic as LOVE or juste en clou, when I wear it no one ever knows it’s Cartier”

I just love the edginess of it!!

Of course when I was there I was trying to decide which I should make the third piece of my little personal trilogy… I obviously need a white gold piece… so I decided I want etincelle , but they only had it in rose gold in a size 14 but you get the idea

328E0C87-4305-4F64-93B4-5B75AD77E508.jpeg 328E0C87-4305-4F64-93B4-5B75AD77E508.jpeg

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
It’s been a hot minute! But I’ve been quietly reading a lot and enjoying many posts, topics and photos.
Happy to show off my newest bauble and first ever Cartier piece. Our 30th anniversary is coming up and I’m absolutely floored to own a trinity ring gifted to me by my DH. It’s the small version in a size 48. I loved the classic size too, a lot. Alas, I don’t have the finger real estate to wear it with my engagement ring. Yet the small size is substantial enough to wear on its own as well. My original wedding band is fairly plain and flat, so this is a real step up.
657294C1-FB5D-4C5F-8EC6-B81012997D22.jpeg

Attachments

• EB2E6DC2-A4A5-484E-84B9-01D7598A9D35.jpeg
    EB2E6DC2-A4A5-484E-84B9-01D7598A9D35.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 17

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
It’s been a hot minute! But I’ve been quietly reading a lot and enjoying many posts, topics and photos.
Happy to show off my newest bauble and first ever Cartier piece. Our 30th anniversary is coming up and I’m absolutely floored to own a trinity ring gifted to me by my DH. It’s the small version in a size 48. I loved the classic size too, a lot. Alas, I don’t have the finger real estate to wear it with my engagement ring. Yet the small size is substantial enough to wear on its own as well. My original wedding band is fairly plain and flat, so this is a real step up.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my pre-loved Trinity ring in WG, ceramic and diamonds.

The quality of the pave is excellent and I play around with it all the time as the movement between the three bands is so tactile!

80A1B52C-11D1-4304-8FCF-6B24269E6FFB.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

The quality of the pave is excellent and I play around with it all the time as the movement between the three bands is so tactile!

So pretty! I’ve been wanting a Trinity band with pave but after seeing one with both pave and ceramic I’m not sure what I want anymore. ;)2

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! I’ve been wanting a Trinity band with pave but after seeing one with both pave and ceramic I’m not sure what I want anymore. ;)2

Ooh tough choice! I really like the high contrast between the gold and the black ceramic, but actually my dream ring would be pave + ceramic + YG... however I don't think they make it in that combo!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love this.
On YOU, especially. You have fantastic style Pomelo.
❤️

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, I love this. I tried this ring on last time I was in a boutique and one very nearly came home with me. The black ceramic with the pave is just so striking. It is fabulous as a thumb ring, and fits your style so well!

imitcan

Shiny_Rock

This is classy and edgy at the same time! Do you only wear it on your thumb? It looks great there. I love it.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Just out of curiosity, what is the total width of this ring when worn (not of each individual band, but all together)? I’m wondering if it could be worn stacked….but guessing not. I’ve got a regular Trinity and haven’t measured it but have never been able to pull off stacking it.

My brain just exploded at the idea of stacking this with a large eternity. Sigh.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I love this.
On YOU, especially. You have fantastic style Pomelo.
❤️
Hehe thank you! High praise from one of the high queens of PS :mrgreen2:

This is classy and edgy at the same time! Do you only wear it on your thumb? It looks great there. I love it.
Thank you =)2 I like wearing it on my thumb otherwise I feel it overwhelms the balance with my e-ring. Here’s the full look (with a pre-loved Repossi Berbere midi/phalanx ring - tbh the quality of the pave on this is nothing on Tiffany or Cartier).

If I’m not wearing my e-ring, then I wear it on my index finger sometimes.

B239B009-5851-47F3-B706-C77A8CDA35E7.jpeg

Just out of curiosity, what is the total width of this ring when worn (not of each individual band, but all together)? I’m wondering if it could be worn stacked….but guessing not. I’ve got a regular Trinity and haven’t measured it but have never been able to pull off stacking it.

My brain just exploded at the idea of stacking this with a large eternity. Sigh.
It’s 6mm - and I think stacking is a great idea! Sadly I don’t have a large eternity ring but here it is with my Tiffany metro. I tried stacking it the other way as well (metro “on top”) but the main thing I love about the Trinity is the tactile playfulness of the three bands, so for me the stackers have to be on the bottom. I fidget with the ring all the time :geek2:

Someone else (I think on the stack of the day thread? Sorry can’t remember and on my phone atm) stacked their 3 and 7 band thin Trinity rings which looked great.

9144AA05-6D56-4C1F-993B-459D51019803.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe thank you! High praise from one of the high queens of PS :mrgreen2:

Thank you =)2 I like wearing it on my thumb otherwise I feel it overwhelms the balance with my e-ring. Here’s the full look (with a pre-loved Repossi Berbere midi/phalanx ring - tbh the quality of the pave on this is nothing on Tiffany or Cartier).

If I’m not wearing my e-ring, then I wear it on my index finger sometimes.

B239B009-5851-47F3-B706-C77A8CDA35E7.jpeg

It’s 6mm - and I think stacking is a great idea! Sadly I don’t have a large eternity ring but here it is with my Tiffany metro. I tried stacking it the other way as well (metro “on top”) but the main thing I love about the Trinity is the tactile playfulness of the three bands, so for me the stackers have to be on the bottom. I fidget with the ring all the time :geek2:

Someone else (I think on the stack of the day thread? Sorry can’t remember and on my phone atm) stacked their 3 and 7 band thin Trinity rings which looked great.

9144AA05-6D56-4C1F-993B-459D51019803.jpeg

Thank you! Yeah, 6 mm would be hard to stack with a larger band, but it definitely looks great with the metro! I agree completely about wanting the Trinity on the outside. They are so much fun to play with. Just the most tactile pieces of jewelry ever. I find mine very comforting.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@Pomelo I love the pave, ceramic look. I fidget with my Cartier trinities all the time (one is small, the other XS), and was wondering about how the diamonds are set so that they don't rub against / are protected from the other rings.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@Pomelo I love the pave, ceramic look. I fidget with my Cartier trinities all the time (one is small, the other XS), and was wondering about how the diamonds are set so that they don't rub against / are protected from the other rings.

Thanks! I was wondering about it myself as well because the inside of the rings don’t have any scratches on them :geek2:

I have no idea how the physics work but this is the best description I have: the diamonds are set such that the profile of the ring is slightly domed (think D-ring) and so when the three rings roll over each other, it looks like there is a tiny but large enough gap to prevent scratching.

I will say that the Trinity ring runs big! I’m usually a 53 on my index finger & thumb, but this is a 52 and fits really comfortably.

94EA9DF2-AF33-4B08-8D1E-9187E9FF87C7.jpeg
CFE68966-7C42-45ED-A8E6-C94BEA8525BD.jpeg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t usually stack my bracelets since one fell off last summer when I stacked 2 Loves together (they both got the enhancement done since). Still love the Loves though.

A13B889F-174E-4FEB-9953-F7127614DEB8.jpeg
I Love your stack! I just lost my Love bracelet and I did have it paired w my VCA perlee bangle and JC Cartier bracelets. Do you think that’s why it fell off? Ugh. I have insurance but I honestly do not know if I want another. What is the enhancement and have they changed the screws at all? I can’t believe they cannot make it so that doesn’t happen. I had literally just tightened it 3 days prior…

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results