shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Post your Cartier jewels/rings/watches!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cartier in action!

The thing I love about Cartier is that it is super versatile. Formal to casual.

I’m wearing my diamond JUC and Ecrou here. I don’t wear any jewelry to lift except studs and these bracelets.

IMG_5579.jpeg

You deadlifting 100kg here???!! RESPECT!!

ArielleB

Shiny_Rock
My Cartier Love bracelet wants a friend! We've had a few playdates that haven't gone well: the DBTY culets scratched her, the Marla Aaron lock left a long gouge. I'd love to hear if anyone has had luck with a mate that plays nicely day after day?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: New to me!! The "big momma" of diamond Trinity rings! :love:
8E7C76CD-1B76-47EA-AEFB-2FDBA4C93701.jpeg
200B696B-2A4F-47F8-A406-E72BB09C4C4D.jpeg

Ohhhhh yes, yes you did :appl:

Honestly you needed this piece in your [amazing, amazinger, amazingest] catalogue of rings :love:

I have so many questions about this ring!! It’s always intrigued me. Are the insides of the bands scratched much? Or did Cartier design something magical to minimize or prevent the bands from scratching each other?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Moly, now that's a Big Momma! Gorgeous!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh yes, yes you did :appl:

Honestly you needed this piece in your [amazing, amazinger, amazingest] catalogue of rings :love:

I have so many questions about this ring!! It’s always intrigued me. Are the insides of the bands scratched much? Or did Cartier design something magical to minimize or prevent the bands from scratching each other?

:wavey: Hi yssie!!
Thanks so much for your enthusiastic compliments about the ring!!!
So funny.. I kind of felt the same way that the "big momma" was the one for me.
I guess go big or go home fits here.:lol:
It also has always intrigued me as well.
Also funny that mention scratching as since it was a second hand ring I wondered how scratched up the edges above and below the diamonds were. I had planned to bring it to Cartier and pay for them to give it a full polish. Then when the ring came the edges could have used a polish but you really only saw that with a loupe. The diamonds outshine the scratches so I just am leaving it as is. They really jump off my finger.
As far as the scratching on the inside it certainly looks worn but I'm not sure if that was from the edges or the mele rubbing up against the inside of the band.
Here are some pix of the inside of the bands.
Also another shot from the backside. E4CE7DC7-5874-4623-959D-862857A0974A.jpeg 98C8390F-CAA8-4DFB-B69E-B5D2383AB7EF.jpeg
2151998D-E67D-44F4-BD59-2CDCA60718AF.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Moly, now that's a Big Momma! Gorgeous!!

:wavey:Hi Catmom!
I have been chuckling about the name Big Momma too! I keep thinking of that movie with Martin Lawrence. Thanks so much for the compliments!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: New to me!! The "big momma" of diamond Trinity rings! :love:
8E7C76CD-1B76-47EA-AEFB-2FDBA4C93701.jpeg
200B696B-2A4F-47F8-A406-E72BB09C4C4D.jpeg

I have to admit - when I saw this photo without seeing who posted it, I thought, it has to be @Rubies-R-Me

What a fabulous addition to your collection! It has such presence and the stack with your RG and WG MOP VCA is delicious.

Also, knowing the quality of Cartier pave, Big Momma must sparkle like crazy. Congrats on your new piece! <3

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit - when I saw this photo without seeing who posted it, I thought, it has to be @Rubies-R-Me

What a fabulous addition to your collection! It has such presence and the stack with your RG and WG MOP VCA is delicious.

Also, knowing the quality of Cartier pave, Big Momma must sparkle like crazy. Congrats on your new piece! <3

Oh Pomelo! Thank you for such a sweet post! I'm truly touched.
She does sparkle like crazy even unpolished by Cartier.
I think the thing I love the most is that it matches with truly everything.
Thank you again. :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LADY--such a piece!!!!!! For sure it would be such a firecracker!!!! Cartier rules!!!

Would you share where you bought it? Did you get all the documents? And curious what size it is. Your hands are gorgeous!!!

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LADY--such a piece!!!!!! For sure it would be such a firecracker!!!! Cartier rules!!!

Would you share where you bought it? Did you get all the documents? And curious what size it is. Your hands are gorgeous!!!

cheers--Sharon

Sharon!
I knew you would chime in as we are both great lovers of slightly used branded finery.:D
Thanks so much for the ring compliments and the hand compliments!
The ring came from a popular online resale site of "luxury" goods.
No papers and a beat up box but the salesman/manager was super nice and said he would locate another one for me.
It's hallmarked correctly and a size 47 which is usually a 4.25 or 4.5.
This ring is a 4.5 to 4.75 as it's a smidge roomy on me but not roomy enough where I am worried it will fall off.
I have found that Cartier rolling rings march to the beat of their own size drummer.. I have had rings from size 46 to 49 that have fit. Usually they run large.. sometimes not. They brought it into their NY brick and mortar store where I could try it on.
I hemmed and hawwed for a week or two and then decided to buy it on the urging of my jewelry loving oldest daughter. Now that I have it I can't believe I was dawdling.. I just love it! Love that it goes with everything and that it's understated yet overstated all at the same time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

:wavey: It is very (big momma) sweet!!!! I love it so much!

I asked about the sizing due to the width of the bands. I recall when I was in Paris buying my thin(ish) rolling ring thinking if I should have gone a bit bigger. In retrospect, I wish I had. That 52 not only no longer fits my RH but barely fits my WRF. My hands have changed so much, yet the rest of me is the same. It is too big for my pinky, but I think I might buy a rubber holder so I can wear it. I love the ring, and the memories so it is worth a trip to Ardene. :P2

Sweet that your jeweller got you a tidy box! And your daughter--she is your ace in the pocket! Are we somehow related??? (I just have and DH and DS, hence I just get prompting on food and cleaning :bigsmile: :rolleyes: )

Soooo, after a day of errands (yup above food prep, etc) , I took a break to e-window shop and saw a stunning pair of estate Tiffany diamond earrings. I am practicing your restraint at present but those ropes of sand......... and that (other prementioned) ruby ring.....

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

:wavey: It is very (big momma) sweet!!!! I love it so much!

I asked about the sizing due to the width of the bands. I recall when I was in Paris buying my thin(ish) rolling ring thinking if I should have gone a bit bigger. In retrospect, I wish I had. That 52 not only no longer fits my RH but barely fits my WRF. My hands have changed so much, yet the rest of me is the same. It is too big for my pinky, but I think I might buy a rubber holder so I can wear it. I love the ring, and the memories so it is worth a trip to Ardene. :P2

Sweet that your jeweller got you a tidy box! And your daughter--she is your ace in the pocket! Are we somehow related??? (I just have and DH and DS, hence I just get prompting on food and cleaning :bigsmile: :rolleyes: )

Soooo, after a day of errands (yup above food prep, etc) , I took a break to e-window shop and saw a stunning pair of estate Tiffany diamond earrings. I am practicing your restraint at present but those ropes of sand......... and that (other prementioned) ruby ring.....

cheers--Sharon

Good morning Sharon!
Ahhh.. Paris.. I love that you bought a ring there that brings back such sweet memories of your trip! It truly makes it extra special.
Such a bummer that now it's snug. What about stringing it on a thin chain and wearing it as a necklace?
I had the same thing happen to me in the past 2 years or so that my fingers went up almost a size and then suddenly a few months ago they started going back down for some reason. Same as you.. nothing else about me changed but my fingers.
I don't know where they are going from here but I did get to wear some eternity bands that I thought were goners! A few others I had sized up and now they spin. Whatcha gonna do?:???:
Last but not least.. do tell about the earrings you saw!!
And yes.. that 3 stone ruby ring was gorgeous..
Choices.. choices.. so fun to consider and occupy head space.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this ring - always have, always will :kiss2:

And I can’t think of a finer hand for it to grace, because it looks beautiful on you.

Oh I'm so very touched AllyT!! Thank you so much for the hand and the ring compliments!!:love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this ring - always have, always will :kiss2:

And I can’t think of a finer hand for it to grace, because it looks beautiful on you.

+ a billion

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Sharon!
Ahhh.. Paris.. I love that you bought a ring there that brings back such sweet memories of your trip! It truly makes it extra special.
Such a bummer that now it's snug. What about stringing it on a thin chain and wearing it as a necklace?
I had the same thing happen to me in the past 2 years or so that my fingers went up almost a size and then suddenly a few months ago they started going back down for some reason. Same as you.. nothing else about me changed but my fingers.
I don't know where they are going from here but I did get to wear some eternity bands that I thought were goners! A few others I had sized up and now they spin. Whatcha gonna do?:???:
Last but not least.. do tell about the earrings you saw!!
And yes.. that 3 stone ruby ring was gorgeous..
Choices.. choices.. so fun to consider and occupy head space.

I gotta quit e-window shopping! I just got an alert for new arrivals at Oakgem--and they have some Tiffany starburst earrings!!!! STOP it estate sellers!!! LOL

The other earrings I saw had rounds and marquise stones--reminded me of my old Kwait star earrings (remind me why I sold those???? ugh) that I bought in Vegas. Anyway, they must be part of a Victoria collection since I don't think Tiffany uses marquise in their other lines....and I have not seen them before. They are smaller than the Starburst earrings--and that is good for me as I have small lobes. Anyway, just musing ATM while I eat my KFC. LOL.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gotta quit e-window shopping! I just got an alert for new arrivals at Oakgem--and they have some Tiffany starburst earrings!!!! STOP it estate sellers!!! LOL

The other earrings I saw had rounds and marquise stones--reminded me of my old Kwait star earrings (remind me why I sold those???? ugh) that I bought in Vegas. Anyway, they must be part of a Victoria collection since I don't think Tiffany uses marquise in their other lines....and I have not seen them before. They are smaller than the Starburst earrings--and that is good for me as I have small lobes. Anyway, just musing ATM while I eat my KFC. LOL.

:DPICTURES WOMAN! I NEED PICTURES!!!:D

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi yssie!!
Thanks so much for your enthusiastic compliments about the ring!!!
So funny.. I kind of felt the same way that the "big momma" was the one for me.
I guess go big or go home fits here.:lol:
It also has always intrigued me as well.
Also funny that mention scratching as since it was a second hand ring I wondered how scratched up the edges above and below the diamonds were. I had planned to bring it to Cartier and pay for them to give it a full polish. Then when the ring came the edges could have used a polish but you really only saw that with a loupe. The diamonds outshine the scratches so I just am leaving it as is. They really jump off my finger.
As far as the scratching on the inside it certainly looks worn but I'm not sure if that was from the edges or the mele rubbing up against the inside of the band.
Here are some pix of the inside of the bands.
Also another shot from the backside. E4CE7DC7-5874-4623-959D-862857A0974A.jpeg 98C8390F-CAA8-4DFB-B69E-B5D2383AB7EF.jpeg
2151998D-E67D-44F4-BD59-2CDCA60718AF.jpeg

Oh that’s so mild! For a preloved piece - that’s what I’d expect for just about any preloved piece!

It looks so majestic and powerful on your finger. I love it for you. :love: And I hereby name you the PS Queen of Branded Bands :bigsmile:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s so mild! For a preloved piece - that’s what I’d expect for just about any preloved piece!

It looks so majestic and powerful on your finger. I love it for you. :love: And I hereby name you the PS Queen of Branded Bands :bigsmile:

:wavey:Hi again yssie!
Yes! I totally agree.. the scratches are definitely acceptable. I didn't even think about the fact that if it was polished it would lose some of the gold. Now I am even happier with my decision to leave it as is.
I am honored that you have crowned me queen of the slightly used branded
bands! :lol:
Thanks thanks thanks for your sweet compliments.:love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results