shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Post your Cartier jewels/rings/watches!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would Cartier discontinue such a breathtaking line?
This ring is such a beauty. I am so impressed you too the chance with this piece and so happy that it paid off. It’s absolutely perfect on you, the ideal RHR. Unique, bold yet graceful and fluid. So happy for you @yssie!!!

+ a billion. Outrageously beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the beginning of this year I ran into pictures of a discontinued Cartier collection - Caresse d'orchidées with onyx and pave in white gold. Earrings, necklaces, rings... Fell fast and hard for one ring in particular, a between-the-finger style with one large onyx orchid and one smaller pave orchid offset each other.

Two friends very kindly asked their SAs if one could be located, but nothing could be found at all - let alone in my size. I called the NYC flagship - still nothing. And I needed this ring. So I bought a preloved piece, as close to my size as possible, intending to have it adjusted. I wound up buying from TRR and they were great to work with!! I explained that I would be having it sized by Cartier, and that Cartier's evaluation would take several weeks, and they unhesitatingly extended the refund period in case of non-authenticity.

Unexpectedly, Cartier's Service department determined that this style of ring can't actually be resized. It had to be remade entirely. So off it went to Paris, and three months later I got my fresh-from-the-workshop remake :love:

The preloved piece I bought was a size 53 and I took it up to 55. It's now a touch too big :lol: But much better a bit too big than slightly too small right!?

Cartier charges 60% of current retail to remake a piece in scenarios like this (ie. Resize isn't feasible). In my case, since this line is discontinued, "current retail" was set at retail at time of deprecation. They destroy the old (I assume harvest for parts?) and reuse the original serial. And the SA who helped me generously arranged to have insurance valuation documentation done at no extra cost to me. All in all, between buying the preloved original and paying the 60% remake fee, I paid about half again former retail - in my opinion a very reasonable "pseudo special order" premium for the mind-clean value of taking home a brand new, never-altered, guaranteed-authentic creation from a discontinued line ❤️

Thank you @hathalove, @LLJsmom, @diamondseeker2006, @m-2-b for the recommendations and moral support!! :bigsmile:

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

And a couple from prior to remake:

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Cartier's service is outstanding! Always a pleasure dealing with them. And I love my rose gold Orchid ring too--I mean what's not to love??

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@yssie

It’s spectacular!!! I love the orchid series and am opportunistically looking for an item from that series too (orchid is Singapore’s national flower so soft spot and all) but your beautiful ring just nudged me a bit closer to getting it if am fated.

It needs a separate thread all by itself with way more pics!! You take such gorgeous photos.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cartier's service is outstanding! Always a pleasure dealing with them. And I love my rose gold Orchid ring too--I mean what's not to love??
I love your rose gold orchid ring too!! So that makes at least two of us!! :bigsmile: :love: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie

It’s spectacular!!! I love the orchid series and am opportunistically looking for an item from that series too (orchid is Singapore’s national flower so soft spot and all) but your beautiful ring just nudged me a bit closer to getting it if am fated.

It needs a separate thread all by itself with way more pics!! You take such gorgeous photos.
It's SO pretty in-person!! My photos really don't do it justice at all - it's romantic and whimsical and the details are beautiful, and it's so comfy!! I looked at the earrings and the necklace and am not hugely drawn to either - just the ring, for whatever reason... And when do *I* ever turn earrings down!?

You're very kind, thank you! ::)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the beginning of this year I ran into pictures of a discontinued Cartier collection - Caresse d'orchidées with onyx and pave in white gold. Earrings, necklaces, rings... Fell fast and hard for one ring in particular, a between-the-finger style with one large onyx orchid and one smaller pave orchid offset each other.

Two friends very kindly asked their SAs if one could be located, but nothing could be found at all - let alone in my size. I called the NYC flagship - still nothing. And I needed this ring. So I bought a preloved piece, as close to my size as possible, intending to have it adjusted. I wound up buying from TRR and they were great to work with!! I explained that I would be having it sized by Cartier, and that Cartier's evaluation would take several weeks, and they unhesitatingly extended the refund period in case of non-authenticity.

Unexpectedly, Cartier's Service department determined that this style of ring can't actually be resized. It had to be remade entirely. So off it went to Paris, and three months later I got my fresh-from-the-workshop remake :love:

The preloved piece I bought was a size 53 and I took it up to 55. It's now a touch too big :lol: But much better a bit too big than slightly too small right!?

Cartier charges 60% of current retail to remake a piece in scenarios like this (ie. Resize isn't feasible). In my case, since this line is discontinued, "current retail" was set at retail at time of deprecation. They destroy the old (I assume harvest for parts?) and reuse the original serial. And the SA who helped me generously arranged to have insurance valuation documentation done at no extra cost to me. All in all, between buying the preloved original and paying the 60% remake fee, I paid about half again former retail - in my opinion a very reasonable "pseudo special order" premium for the mind-clean value of taking home a brand new, never-altered, guaranteed-authentic creation from a discontinued line ❤️

Thank you @hathalove, @LLJsmom, @diamondseeker2006, @m-2-b for the recommendations and moral support!! :bigsmile:

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Yeah. And it just reminds me of the one that got away for me. I tried on a preloved necklace with exactly this combo, large onyx and small pave and I turned it down way before I knew how hard this would be to find. Regret it to this day. I remember falling in love with the it immediately. Sigh…. Come on Cartier. Bring it back.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's SO pretty in-person!! My photos really don't do it justice at all - it's romantic and whimsical and the details are beautiful, and it's so comfy!! I looked at the earrings and the necklace and am not hugely drawn to either - just the ring, for whatever reason... And when do *I* ever turn earrings down!?

You're very kind, thank you! ::)

It IS so comfy. Looking at it you'd think--so many edges and therefore pokey bits--but nada. Round "comfort fit" shanks effortlessly solid and easy to wear. Like their wedding bands; the pain, rounded ("comfort fit") was the nicest band I've ever owned. Again, what's not to love.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I visited Cartier (our 33rd wedding anniversary). I wanted to pair my JUC with another Cartier bracelet. I decided on the Love bracelet. Its funny, because I never knew the "Love" existed until several years ago! My work/social circle didn't wear "designer" jewelry, and if they did, I probably wouldn't have noticed!
Better late than never though!!!

I am a white gold/platinum person- but purchased the JUC in yg because I thought it looked nicer. I wear the classic Trinity ring with a diamond eternity band - so the mixing of metals on my wrist works well.

IMG_4741.jpg

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie - just now seeing this—DEAD. That is an incredible creation and fits your aesthetic perfectly. Enjoy!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie - just now seeing this—DEAD. That is an incredible creation and fits your aesthetic perfectly. Enjoy!!!!

Thank you!! It totally does - currently rocking it with red and blue paisley joggers and a maroon hoodie. My husband informed me that the clothes are a bit of an eyesore but that the ring “really does suit you… But I shouldn’t have said that - don’t get any ideas” :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

I've been wearing this nearly every day and I LOVE it :love: Definitely one of my favourite pieces!!

IMG_7872_SMALL.jpg

Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Beautiful!!!! :love:
Love the combo of diamonds and onyx and the fact that the ring really make statement on you without being overwhelming.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Help me--someone else buy this!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Help me--someone else buy this!!!!

cheers--Sharon

I have always loved this ring, possibly because I've always had lots of orchids. Would be pushing my luck if I suggested it though :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved this ring, possibly because I've always had lots of orchids. Would be pushing my luck if I suggested it though :lol:

Yes we are Orchid lovers. And if I didn't have the plain rose gold Cattier Orchid ring I would have been all over this.

Are you sure you can't push???? :P2 :saint:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we are Orchid lovers. And if I didn't have the plain rose gold Cattier Orchid ring I would have been all over this.

Are you sure you can't push???? :P2 :saint:

I think he may have a heart attack if I suggested it!

It's our 15th wedding anniversary next Sept & I have already suggested a thin yellow gold Love bangle. He didn't gag, so I should quit whilst I'm ahead :lol-2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's our 15th wedding anniversary next Sept & I have already suggested a thin yellow gold Love bangle. He didn't gag, so I should quit whilst I'm ahead :lol-2:

I’m just gonna drop my ditto @canuk-gal here… The year before your fifteenth anniversary is just as important as the anniversary itself right? I mean, you can’t have one without the other... Just sayin’…

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

One step at a time.....like planting seeds......

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wearing this nearly every day and I LOVE it :love: Definitely one of my favourite pieces!!

IMG_7872_SMALL.jpg

Girl...I LOVE that ring.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just posted this combo in the luxury watch thread, but I think it fits here as well: Cartier Tank Americaine, Cartier Trinity bracelet and Cartier Love bracelet paved.

EA4D4607-D235-483D-BF94-1488A96F1F5C.jpeg
An armful of Cartier ❤️

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Six weeks ago, @yssie posted a story and photos of the most breathtaking ring I'd ever seen, the Caresse d'Orchidees ring in white gold with diamonds and onyx. Orchids were my wedding flower, and my parents often had fresh orchids in the house when I was growing up. I fell in instant deep and abiding love. Just like yssie said, I had to have this ring.

It's a long and winding story of how I came to get it, but it's finally here now. My photos don't capture its full beauty.

orchid1.jpg

orchid2.jpg

My other love wanted to join in.

orchid3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Six weeks ago, @yssie posted a story and photos of the most breathtaking ring I'd ever seen, the Caresse d'Orchidees ring in white gold with diamonds and onyx. Orchids were my wedding flower, and my parents often had fresh orchids in the house when I was growing up. I fell in instant deep and abiding love. Just like yssie said, I had to have this ring.

It's a long and winding story of how I came to get it, but it's finally here now. My photos don't capture its full beauty.

orchid1.jpg

orchid2.jpg

orchid3.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! My orchid sister!! :love: :appl: :love: :cool2: :love:

Oh it looks wonderful on you!!!! You’re wearing it on the same finger that I do, is that your preference too? And so sentimental for you, too :love:

Please tell us the long version of the story of how your ring found you!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

orchid1.jpg

orchid2.jpg

orchid3.jpg

I NEED the story pretty please! How did you acquire this?!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!! My orchid sister!! :love: :appl: :love: :cool2: :love:

Oh it looks wonderful on you!!!! You’re wearing it on the same finger that I do, is that your preference too? And so sentimental for you, too :love:

Thank you, yssie! I would never have known this gorgeous ring existed if it weren't for you. :kiss2: I'd like to do a proper photo shoot of it when my life gets back to a more normal routine.

I occasionally switch hands but always on that finger. But I like to wear my wedding set on my left hand and prefer not to wear rings on multiple fingers on the same hand, so I will probably end up wearing it on my right hand most of the time. That in itself is so odd to me, because I never thought of myself as a RHR kind of person, but it's like you said--it's so comfortable to wear! I hardly notice it's on! On my right hand, I find I prefer the onyx on the bottom. Do you wear your Margot solitaire on the same hand as the orchid ring, or is it one or the other?

Please tell us the long version of the story of how your ring found you!!

I NEED the story pretty please! How did you acquire this?!

I will perhaps share more later when things are less hectic for me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, yssie! I would never have known this gorgeous ring existed if it weren't for you. :kiss2: I'd like to do a proper photo shoot of it when my life gets back to a more normal routine.

I occasionally switch hands but always on that finger. But I like to wear my wedding set on my left hand and prefer not to wear rings on multiple fingers on the same hand, so I will probably end up wearing it on my right hand most of the time. That in itself is so odd to me, because I never thought of myself as a RHR kind of person, but it's like you said--it's so comfortable to wear! I hardly notice it's on! On my right hand, I find I prefer the onyx on the bottom. Do you wear your Margot solitaire on the same hand as the orchid ring, or is it one or the other?

Hahaha I’m not a RHR person either!! Well - I guess I wasn’t until this ring, and now I’m surprising myself by how much I wear this one!! But I’m like you, I don’t love wearing rings on adjacent fingers - I worry about scratching. So I wear them on opposite hands - usually this one as a RHR. And on my right hand I prefer the onyx on the bottom too! Gives the pointer finger a bit more freedom ❤️

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One, two, three, four, can I have a little more….

Showing a little bit of bling on one of the last warm autumn days of this year, while strolling along the shore.

ACDF725C-3EC8-4829-BF4B-751300826D75.jpeg

Love the combination you chose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results