shape
carat
color
clarity

Post some of your favorite shots.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yuck...that one was a little small. It just didn''t want to attach. Last one - I love this little guy from our local zoo. I have no idea what he is, but his colors are stunning.

elmortniabi.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that little birdie, he is toooooo cute and his colors are gorgeous. I just want to pet his little belly
9.gif
. Love the picture of Taliesin too.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
SOME VERY TALENTED PEOPLE ON THE FORUM!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, these aren't all that artistic, or well lit, or great quality, but I'm terribly proud of them because these little guys don't stay still for long when they are awake, and out of hundreds of blurry moving shots, I'm lucky I got these. Shot in Macro because they are about 3 inches long, and they have only been sized.

IMG_0479freke%20stuffed%20cheeks%20hammie.jpg

IMG_0179sizedfreke.jpg

IMG_0155sizedfreke.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone that posted.
I will post some of wifey2b''s over the weekend, she has so many that it is hard to choose.
Keep them coming!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton, that little bird is so cute! Gosh I want one now.

Freke, I have been wanting some of those little guys :D What kind are they? I found I believe dwarf hamsters at a pet store once, and they are sooooo teeny and fat.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP, they are Roborovski dwarf hamster males, and while adorable, they are a bit of a PITA. They are squirmy and VERY fast, adding that to the fact that they are tiny, and a bit hard to socialize, and you get a big headache (sometimes). It took me a few months before they finally figured out I wasn''t trying to kill them when I put my hands in their cage. They are still squirmy and fast though. But oh so adorable!

On the other hand, I have a female Campbells Dwarf and she is the most sociable and docile creature ever. When she''s been alone for too long she starts begging for attention, and she''s so cute that we can''t refuse taking her out of her cage when she asks.

So if you have time to dedicate to essentially domesticating a crazy wild animal, I''d get a Roborovski. If not, I''d get a Campbells. I''ve been considering getting some more hamsters, but haven''t gotten around to it yet, and FF will KILL me, so I might have to hold off on that.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwwwwwww, Freke, they are soooooooooooooooo cute.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I took this one of my son sleeping.

n587530051_3546343_8778.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I like the water droplets on this macro shot

n587530051_3546220_755.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
beau - that is beautiful!!!
30.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Last one, a cat hiding from my camera on the farm this summer.

n587530051_3916048_6209.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dragonfly, I really have to look into taking a course, and figuring out how to REALLY use my new camera. For now..I am having fun just "shooting" and learning!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton, that little birdy is so darling!

Freke--I love those little dudes! Great photos!

Wow Beau--really nice photos!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 5:06:16 PM
Author: beau13
Thanks Dragonfly, I really have to look into taking a course, and figuring out how to REALLY use my new camera. For now..I am having fun just ''shooting'' and learning!
That is what is fun about digital photography, you can just have fun "shooting" and not have to worry about film, development paper and other supplies. You have some great photos Beau!

I think everyone here has nice pictures, I hope we can keep this thread going...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Here is a photo I took on a friend's camera when we were on vacation. The photo was taken on a point and shoot camera and unfortunately, I lost some quality when resizing it. No post processing has been done, other than resizing.

Sunset.1.JPG

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Here is the same location only minutes before. Again, no post processing.

Sunset.2.JPG

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Here is a strange reflection on my living room wall. Other than sizing, no post editing has been done. I took a picture because the shape of the reflection was interesting to me. I took several shots of it as the light changed, but I think this one came out the best. The camera used was my point and shoot camera, which has 2MP's.

Lightoddity.1.JPG

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Okay..OK..last one from me. Havn't quite figured out Photoshop software yet, soI managed to turn this into a B&W with some color..just playing around, I know the eyes don't even look realistic, they are TOO green.(i just wanted to see if I could actually add color..and it worked..yeah) lol

farm_cat_B&W with color.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 5:56:32 PM
Okay..OK..last one from me. Havn''t quite figured out Photoshop software yet, soI managed to turn this into a B&W with some color..just playing around, I know the eyes don''t even look realistic, they are TOO green.(i just wanted to see if I could actually add color..and it worked..yeah) lol

Cool!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 5:56:32 PM
Okay..OK..last one from me. Havn''t quite figured out Photoshop software yet, soI managed to turn this into a B&W with some color..just playing around, I know the eyes don''t even look realistic, they are TOO green.(i just wanted to see if I could actually add color..and it worked..yeah) lol

beau, this is one of my favorite things to do. The way I do it so all the colors are natural, I create a duplicate layer of my image (so the original still stays the same), desaturate it to black and white, then erase over the parts I want in color. My Re Shoes image is like that :)

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
I took this when we went to WestPoint in 2007
My DH and son in WestPoint overlooking the river.

theboys.JPG

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
photos have been resized due to size limitations.
this photo was taken using a digital point N shoot, canon elph
it was already past noon but there was still a lot of fog in the park.
i like her face, the determination...

lilmonkey.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mommabear, I love those pictures. That was a real touching photo of your son and DH, beautiful picture, love the river.

Linda

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
beau - I think shooting and learning is one of the best ways to learn personally. it lets you develop your own style versus everyone else''s style. I really want a nice big fancy canon. but that takes savings i don''t have yet lol.

Great shots everyone I''m loving this thread

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 5:09:53 PM
Author: dragonfly411
beau - I think shooting and learning is one of the best ways to learn personally. it lets you develop your own style versus everyone else''s style. I really want a nice big fancy canon. but that takes savings i don''t have yet lol.

Great shots everyone I''m loving this thread
I have the new Canon Rebel XSi, and highly recommend it. They came down in price..wre around $900, now about $ 600! It''s not the body that is important, but the lens..that''s where you need to spend the money!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite picture ever taken of any of my dogs. Miss Dreamy Eyes.

HPIM0029 (1).JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
the street i grew up on...

street.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
on our way to the best vaca ever...i remember the excitement looking out that window!

vaca.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I''ve lived in Northern MA for nearly 19 years now, but have never been to Cape Cod. Finally remedied that today and was rewarded with a beautiful fall day. This is the view from Scargo Tower in Dennis, MA.....30 ft. observation tower. On a clear day (as it was today), you can see all the way to Provincetown and all the way to Plymouth, MA in the other direction.

This is Scargo Lake backed by the Atlantic Ocean...

Cape Cod Autumn 10-11-2008_4491.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results