shape
carat
color
clarity

Post some of your favorite shots.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 2:27:16 PM
Author: wifey2b
Date: 10/12/2008 6:24:18 AM

Author: strmrdr

Getting this one under 100k really takes away from the image but it gives the idea.

This is by Wifey2b.

Whats interesting is that it breaks several photography rules.

Hint: look at it top down then bottom up :}
ok hon - you have my curiosity peaked - ummmmmmmmm...what photo rules did I break - now be easy on me - I b sick still - lol naw - lay it on me - lol
lol
There are 2 eye catching subjects.
looking at it from the top down the bright tree is the subject.
looking at it from the bottom up the road leads the eye right past the tree into the picture.
The top of the tree is chopped off in an unflattering way
But it works and is an interesting picture that different people will see different things in.

breakingrules.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi wifey2b
35.gif
So happy you posted!!! We miss you. How have you been. LOVE your photos!!!

Linda

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 2:32:27 PM
Author: Linda W
Hi wifey2b
35.gif
So happy you posted!!! We miss you. How have you been. LOVE your photos!!!

Linda
Hi Linda, thank you!! I have been missing everyone too - I have been so busy - never realized that teaching 2 grades would be so busy - even tho I only have 2 students, I still have to prepare for two classes. I am sick this Thanksgiving Weekend here in Canada - go figure - so have been inside the last 2 days with a nasty cold. Decided I had better take advantage of the time to rest. I am so thankful that you all like my photography. I used to be able to just go and do it whenever I wanted, but lately it gets fit into my schedule - lol
I am loving my teaching job, and the admiration I get from my two little guys...we are new private school, and so we have 1 students from grades K-12...uhuh a couple of grades we have 2 students - lol, oh I don''t believe there are any in grade 9 this year. I teach mornings, and then my grade 1 student goes into class with grades 1-3 - he comes with me because he needs a little more one on one than the teacher with grades 1-3 can give him, and I also homeschooled him last year for Kindergarten, so we are very used to each other. It is really cute tho - the Kindergarten little guy had been told that he would be the only one in the class with me - and so he asks nearly every week when the other little guy will be leaving the class - lol - love the j-e-a-l-o-u-s-y - lol it is great for my ego - lol. So as you can I am keeping busy - oh from there I go to my secretarial job and work till supper, and run errands for school and office - lol - My mom says that I come home exhausted, but at least I am happy and not cranky - lol...so we are all happy I guess - lol
I hope all the other Canadian gals here have a great Thanksgiving weekend and don''t eat too much turkey! lol
This is your update report on the MIA wifey2b - giggle

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 2:31:01 PM

Date: 10/12/2008 2:27:16 PM
Author: wifey2b

Date: 10/12/2008 6:24:18 AM

Getting this one under 100k really takes away from the image but it gives the idea.

This is by Wifey2b.

Whats interesting is that it breaks several photography rules.

Hint: look at it top down then bottom up :}
ok hon - you have my curiosity peaked - ummmmmmmmm...what photo rules did I break - now be easy on me - I b sick still - lol naw - lay it on me - lol
lol
There are 2 eye catching subjects.
looking at it from the top down the bright tree is the subject.
looking at it from the bottom up the road leads the eye right past the tree into the picture.
The top of the tree is chopped off in an unflattering way
But it works and is an interesting picture that different people will see different things in.

breakingrules.jpg
ooooooooooh those things - lol - ok :D giggle...but see - I had to get that pic quick I could hear people walking down the road and so I needed to get it before they came around the bend - lol - but dear - next time I will try to remember - I have tried lately in making sure I get the top of the trees - but there are just times that I am like - well I never do what ktk tell''s me - so I am told ;-) so I will take the pic like this - giggle - can I help it if I need to be an imp once in a while dear?! giggle mybad - NOT! lol

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Like this one - I am trying to bring the focus on the river....

DSCN9178satsm.jpg

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a shot I took the other day and was so delighted with it....I think I am resizing these a bit too small - sorry

DSCN9204satsm.jpg

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Love the area I have grown up in...so photographic especially in the fall...this could likely be the time that ktk and I will fly home for visits...most beautiful time of the year here....

DSCN9270gammacontrastsm.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures Wifey2b, love the flower pictures. I am so glad that you love your teaching job. I imagine the little ones are so much fun to be around.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Caught the sun on the river the other day - thot it made an interesting photo....

DSCN9327sm.jpg

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 3:06:51 PM
Author: Linda W
Beautiful pictures Wifey2b, love the flower pictures. I am so glad that you love your teaching job. I imagine the little ones are so much fun to be around.
Oh that they are - they have to be into each other''s business all the time - but the biggest thing is - they have to make sure that I at least once a day tell them I am proud of how well they do their work - their parents have told me how much that means to them....which I am glad it does!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I have to post this pic just to share a memory with you...I sent it to my girlfriend the other day and she reminded me of the days we spent under that tree - there is a huge rock that we say on - which you cannot see in the pic, but we used to sit there and dream we were in the land of Thornton W Burgess with Reddy Fox and on the other side of the road is a river where we imagined Gradfather Frog and Jerry Muskrat and Little Joe Otter all having their adventures - what brought all this back to mind is the fact that I am ready one of those books to my little guys at school and they are just loving it - when I stopped reading the other day I asked them what they thot was going to happen - the one little guy said if you just read us one more chapter I could tell you - lol

DSCN9151gammasm.jpg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
You all have such great photos! Thanks for posting them.

This is Chinatown, Boston. My son took this one.
Taken last winter. I personally love this pic but can't figure out why.

Chinatown.jpg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I took this one yesterday.

fall foliage.jpg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I took this one on Cape Cod last summer. I love these flowers.

adjusted hydrangea.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
by wifey2b

w2bAring1.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
pic by wifey2b bling by storm

treebling.jpg

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry in advance for the upcomming multipal posts. I am gunna start out with a few pics taken today at a local petting zoo at a place where my SO and I took my nieces and nephew to go pumpkin picking. PLEASE keep in mind that today was a VERY overcast day outside in my neck of the woods...okie here goes...

fawn1.JPG

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock

fawn_2.JPG

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
by the way, I was using my Nikon D40 and my new Tamron 28-300mm manual lens. and there was a chainlink fence inf ront of me while taking these.

Fawn_3.JPG

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock

BrownBilly.JPG

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock

Big Pig.JPG

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock

cock1.JPG

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock

cock2.JPG

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock

Trinnity&Damien.JPG

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
last one for now, sorry again for so many.

Damien.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pictures SC, I love animal pictures and your camera took the best. Your niece and nephew are adorable.

Linda

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I took this one at the lake this weekend.

980514413112_0_BG.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures Iwanna. I LOVE your new Avatar picture!!!!

Linda

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This is defenitly my favorite thread now :) I really need to go take some landscapes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results