shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll take two! Which would you choose for an ering?

Which would you choose?

• James Meyer in platinum with saphire.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Tiffany legacy replica.

• Neither! And here is a pic of one I like better!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Violet and Ebree-I didn''t think I was set on a halo but then I saw that beautiful ring E posted and while I recognize it''s beautiful it didn''t make my heart do anything!

DS-are you saying you think the ring I posted is leaning twords cocktail-ish? What about a smaller one? Same design and all but smaller sapphire and diamonds?

Chrono-Thanks for teaching me how to link things!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love the half moons sans halo idea, maybe more than the JM bezel for a rich blue sapphire, I love three stone rings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful ring gypsy! I can''t any pictures of sapphire rings with side stone diamonds, let alone half moons.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Do you guys think if I set the sapphire as a solitare with diamonds in the band it would give it the same punch as if diamonds were set with it?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 9:21:15 AM
Author: stepcutgirl
Do you guys think if I set the sapphire as a solitare with diamonds in the band it would give it the same punch as if diamonds were set with it?

That all depends on the setting.
2.gif
What were you thinking?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
No clue Ebree! Maybe something novo-ish?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 12:05:28 PM

Novo-ish could be stunning!

Maybe these Leons could help inspire? The first I like because it has diamonds, but not too many (which is better if you want to stay more casual). It still looks amazing and ornate with the engraving, though.

r1060

I don't know if this has already been mentioned (or discussed), but another idea may be to do a halo around the cushion and leave the band plain, like Gypsy's engagement ring.

r876

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! I LOVE number one!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2009 12:45:52 PM
Author: EBree

Maybe these Leons could help inspire? The first I like because it has diamonds, but not too many (which is better if you want to stay more casual). It still looks amazing and ornate with the engraving, though.

r1060

I don''t know if this has already been mentioned (or discussed), but another idea may be to do a halo around the cushion and leave the band plain, like Gypsy''s engagement ring.

r876
That''s a good idea - here''s a pic of something like that - i love the plain shank on it!

BE1BDB15R15S_white_top_lg.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not quite the same as a novo, but to give you an idea of the pave band and sapphire head....

Both of these were from www.brilliantearth.com btw

BE1PD50R50_silver_sapph_top_tn.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2009 2:34:06 PM
Author: violet3

Date: 5/13/2009 12:45:52 PM
Author: EBree

r1060

I don''t know if this has already been mentioned (or discussed), but another idea may be to do a halo around the cushion and leave the band plain, like Gypsy''s engagement ring.

r876
That''s a good idea - here''s a pic of something like that - i love the plain shank on it!
ohh I like this one that violet mentioned, to me now that looks like an ering!
30.gif
not too much going on, but still packs a punch

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Too many choices is making my brain turn to mush.
33.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 6:09:45 PM
Too many choices is making my brain turn to mush.
33.gif

I have this problem, too. So many gorgeous options! Have you found anything that really takes your breath away??

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
r1060 in the Leon catalog is gorgeous! I think it would look awesome w/a sapphire!

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Well, as if you desire any more opinions right now :), I change my original vote to a three stone with half moon sides and no halo. Haha, you poor thing...I know how you feel, I had to just pick something and go with it or the decision process might have gone on indefinitely!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 7:47:15 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 5/13/2009 6:09:45 PM

I have this problem, too. So many gorgeous options! Have you found anything that really takes your breath away??

Yes! The JM's I've seen, the legacy for a time and the sapphire I posted above!

I'm going to try on a Legacy Friday to see is it's still in the running, JM despite what everyone has said is still very high on the list and I'm talking with a designer about a possible option for doing a ring like the last sapphire one I posted but less in your face bling.

The legacy is what completely changed my mind from a diamond to a sapphire but I am head over heels for the Missrocks sapphire! I just don't think I can carry off THAT much ring! And the JM to me is just special from the fact that he hand makes them to how original they look to it's the only ring I've seen that would allow me to wear a band that would match my boyfriends. IMHO the legacy begs for a matching band and the Missrocks sapphire begs for a band on the other hand! Now that I've said that I could wear a matching band to my boyfriends on the other hand.

Edit:I had dragged and dropped the pics from one browser into this post but all that came up where the thread's address.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m still with you on the JM..simple yet beautiful. I know it doesn''t necessarily look like a typical ering, but that''s part of the uniqueness I think. Coupled w/an atypical colored stone, I think that makes for an original ring! His son Caleb Meyer has a couple rings I routinely drool over..one of which I hope will be my new ering soon! If you''d like me to muddy the waters for you a bit more, I''ll be happy to post a couple links!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Post away! I''ve been to Caleb''s site and I liked it all but none of it blew me away like the JM. And I absolutely agree with you that the simpleness and uniqueness makes it so special, at least to me. I need to talk to some people with a colored stone ering w/o diamonds like Freke and see how they feel about it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the one I''m planning on for my new ering. I''ve got a thread floating around down below w/a couple more pictures in it.

1130_.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the other one I really like. I've got hand pictures of this one, but they didn't send any of the other one, dangit! I think I remember seeing a thread or 2 about having a colored stone ering and how the ladies felt about it..not sure when it was tho. ETA: Here's one link

1375_.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, sounds like you have soooooo many options! FWIW, i still really love the legacy sapphire setting - it''s beautiful and classic and you seem to lean more toward a halo than a straight-up three stone with diamond sides. Try that legacy setting and see what you think!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat- I love that first one that you are using, the other was is just ok to me. What color stone are you using? I''m gonna go look through your threads.

Violet-Ya know I really didn''t think I was a halo girl but while i really like some three stone rings I''ve never seen one that made me stop in my tracks. Haloed rings though...I''ve seen many! I think you just actually made me rule out three stones, I didn''t realize that until you said that. Thank you!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree about trying on halos and seeing how they look on your hand..sometimes it''s hard to visualize how things will look. I like to hold my hand up by the screen and see if I can picture it on my finger..my daughter thinks I''m crazy. And when I go to bed I daydream about rings, and try to put combinations together..that''s how I figured out I wanted a bezel rather than prongs, and that particular CM setting. I trace my hand and draw rings on too. Jeez what a dork!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 11:22:46 PM
Author: packrat
I agree about trying on halos and seeing how they look on your hand..sometimes it''s hard to visualize how things will look. I like to hold my hand up by the screen and see if I can picture it on my finger..my daughter thinks I''m crazy. And when I go to bed I daydream about rings, and try to put combinations together..that''s how I figured out I wanted a bezel rather than prongs, and that particular CM setting. I trace my hand and draw rings on too. Jeez what a dork!

Well I am with ya on the bezel thing! I love love love bezels! I keep hearing though that it darkens a sapphire. I have emailed James Meyer to ask his opinion on this. I haven''t resorted to outlining my hands but by golly...I like the idea. I roll around and enjoy every minute of my dorkiness!
35.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well I went for the job interview and afterwards went to Tiffany''s. I didn''t really like the Legacy setting. I FREAKING LOVED IT! It was soooooooo much more feminine and dainty in real life than it looks on all the blown up pics I''ve seen of it. I so so wish I had a way to see a JM in person! Ugh..God I loved it. The melee was so so tiny and perfect. I asked her what size the melee was and she said melee was melee, I know thats not true but I so wish I knew so I would know what size to use!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Stepcut girl. I''d use tell the vendor you use that you want 1 pointers MAX for the halo, and very fine, even milgrain. And that the bezel around the stone should be perfectly even and symetrical (even if your stone isn''t completely symetrical) Tell them you want it as delicate and clean and fine as they can make it. All of the copies I''ve seen with cushions suffer from the same flaws IMO. Melee is too big, halo is too large, milgrain is too large, and there is too much metal. I would work with someone who can execute REALLY fine work and details with precision. Bridget Durnell and Maytal would be up there for me. If you want something a little less expensive I''d say BrianGavinDiamonds.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy your post is exactly what I was thinking! I just emailed Lesley at BGD as they are who I have been talking with about it to ask if either of them has ever seen a Legacy in person and to explain to them that what I saw in Tiffany''s was so much more delicate than what I had expected. I''m anxious to see what she says. After seeing it in person today I completely understand what you mean by the halos being too big and all. What do you mean about the bezel though? How can they make it even if the stone is not? And what size melee do you think would really match the true Legacy look? They looked so darn tiny.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are tiny. I personally would go smaller than 1 pointers for the halo. As for the bezel being symetrical, even when the stone isn''t... the bezel can be done to hide some flaws in the outline of the stone. I can''t wait to see the final product!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 2:53:22 PM
Author: Gypsy
They are tiny. I personally would go smaller than 1 pointers for the halo. As for the bezel being symetrical, even when the stone isn''t... the bezel can be done to hide some flaws in the outline of the stone. I can''t wait to see the final product!

That is helpful information Gypsy. Thank you. DO you think half pointers? I''ve never really seen different sizes of melee so I''m not comfortable with knowing how big or small to say on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results