shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll take two! Which would you choose for an ering?

Which would you choose?

• James Meyer in platinum with saphire.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Tiffany legacy replica.

• Neither! And here is a pic of one I like better!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Just a general question. I started looking for a sapphire ering after seeing the Tiffany Legacy inspired creation but then I found AJ and Coati's James Meyer rings! I really love both looks. I think the Tiffany replica looks more blingy and therefor possibly more ering like but I love the simpleness and uniqueness of the JM. I'm a VERY jeans, t-shirt and flip flops girl so I wonder if the more blingy Tiffany would "match" me...but I
30.gif
it.

I'd say I'm equally torn on which I love more. I wanna see what you all think!

Here is AJ's JM. Mine would be all platinum and blue sapphire.

aj9183.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany type. I misspelled sapphire in vote answers! Sorry.

legacyblue918.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Edwardian and Art Deco style jewelry so the Legacy is what I would pick. That''s not to say it''s any better than the JM. In this case, it''s really a matter of personal taste.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
James Meyer all the way

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would much prefer the James Meyer of the two-- but AJ''s is set with a really large and not too saturated stone. What color sapphire? I really love the color of neatfreaks sapphire... and how big will it be?

I would presonally prefer a HW style halo around a sapphire that''s darker than NF and smaller than AJ''s cushion.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I really love JM''s style. But Legacy is nothing to sneeze at either. Both would look fine with a pair of nice jeans!
30.gif

Don''t know what''s going on with PS, but I''ve been having a awful time trying to post. Can''t vote either...
38.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Legacy looks more e-ringy to me.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so far for your opinions.
36.gif

Gypsy-as far as color I am going to be going with one very close to the legacy type ring posted. As to size, if I do the halo I would use an approx 7mm stone and if I do the JM a 8-9mm stone, cushion cut for both.

Mochi-I've been having a really hard time with PS tonight as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad it just isn''t me. I gave up this afternoon when it took forever just to view a post, then it kep blanking out a while ago.
33.gif

Anyway, back on topic. Have you tried any halo rings yet? How about something about the size of your possible e-ring? Sometimes what we like on paper doesn''t look as good on our own fingers so I''d try it out first to see if it "fits".

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good point Chrono. I have a few halo rings, but none of that type style. I figured next time I go to Palm Beach which is where our closest Tiffany''s is that I would try on a legacy to see how I like it. As to the JM style I would imagine it''s more solitate type...though I don''t own a single solitate now that I think about it! I''ll have to try on my sisters.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both but would probably lean towards the more blingy legacy style for an e-ring. Just out of curiousity, what is your finger size, and do you have particulary long/short fingers? I would get the JM if I had smaller hands as I feel longer fingers can pull off the legacy style better.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting point wolftress. I wear a 7 but I have tiny hands. My palm and fingers wrist to wrist with my boyfriends don''t even touch where his fingers start.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would pick the JM, were it me, b/c that''s more *me*..I like halos a lot, but they just don''t match me I guess. You could always get fancy w/the wedding band if you went more simple w/the ering.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have a JM sapphire ring but mine is a round sapphire. I think the Legacy style ring looks more like an ering to me. I would wear it with jeans and feel very comfortable.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I tried to vote but PS doens''t look me today. I love the JM setting but for an ering, I would go with the Tiffany Legacy. There are so many choices I can recommend but need to understand your minimum requirements before I recommend.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat-If I chose the JM I want one of his wedding bands! I do see your point though. One of the things I like about his work is how not blingy it is.

Cind-How do you like the ring? Do you wear it daily? TO bed? I heard one PS user say it was so dainty she was almost afraid it would bend or break, do you feel that way? How about the height, does it sit as high as they look like they sit?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Charmypoo-I was posting at the same time as you. Minimum requirements...I can't think of any, really. The color is the most important thing to me. I like cushion cuts but am open to others. I don't have a minimum size, I selected the sizes I mentioned because I thought they fit well with those two designs. I'm not sure what my budget will be, but I don't wanna go over 10K total no matter what he gives me to use, I'd like to stay under 8K. I'm open to untreated but because of my budget I have mainly looked at heat treated.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m not going to be much help, because I think you should get both. One for an e-ring, the other for an RHR.
9.gif

FWIW, I think the Legacy look-alike looks more like an engagement ring, though, especially with a colored stone center.

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
While I am madly in love with AJs ring, I kind of agree with the above--the Tiffany-inspired style looks more like an engagement ring and would be, without a doubt, absolutely stunning with a sapphire. So, while they are both gorgeous, I vote Legacy! Can''t wait to see it, whatever you choose.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I love both styles - completely. With a sapphire center stone, I would personally be more likely to have the Legacy as my ering, and a JM as a RHR, but I think you can''t go wrong - they are both classic in their own way, but it is hard to directly compare such different styles. Oh, and I would absolutely wear a Legacy with jeans
1.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I voted neither. I think a Tiffany Novo setting would be amazing and would let the sapphire truly sing. The diamond band would give it just the right amount of bling if you are a jeans and sweater type of person. I am not the biggest fan of halos as I think they are too bling for me (although if somebody bought me one I wouldn''t say no!).

I like the JM but it is just a bit too different for me.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I''ve been called the halo queen I still voted for the James Meyer. There''s just something about his designs that are so unique and beautiful and they really call to me. Don''t get me wrong, the legacy style is also beautiful but is very commonly done these days.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the James Meyer, mostly because I''m just not that much of a halo girl. Also, if your style is pretty casual, the JM might work better day to day.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all! It looks like you guys are as divided as I am. I think wolftress may have had a good point about a halo like the legacy type looking better on long fingers. I need to try one on as I have super short fingers.

Also, Gypsy made a statement earlier about AJ''s ring being a really large stone and if I go the JM route I had planned to use a close to the same size stone...8-9mm. Is that considered really large? I had never thought about it but I don''t want it to look as if I got a sapphire and not a diamond so that I could get a bigger rock. I''ve heard this complaint from several people with colored stone rings.

EBree-You''re an enabler!
31.gif

SL-I had never considered the novo to be honest. It deserves some thought.

Catmom-I agree.

Gecko-I agree. That''s some of my reasoning for posting this. There aren''t many days that I''m not in scrubs or t-shirts and flip flops and the legacy is very blingy...yet I love it! So while I love it I worry it doesn''t match who I am.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I love the JM setting and it would be my favourite out of the two - but I think the Legacy is more e-ring like and I''m a fan of a few diamonds with coloured stones.

Sapphires aren''t as sparkly as garnets, so you might want the halo to add a bit of blingyness.

Regarding the size, an 8-9mm is probably going to be 3-3.5ct in a sapphire (I''m looking for a 7.5mm for a friend and it''s not much under 3ct from what I''m finding) sapphires are a good bit denser than a diamond, so you may want to consider your budget if you have expensive tastes regarding colour, heated v unheated etc for a stone that size...

On the size of stone, I went for a 1.42ct which faces up at 7.25mm x 5.75mm as I didn''t want an e-ring that looked overly big or ''cocktail like''. Being in the UK, e-rings tend to be smaller anyway and my stone is regarded as being substantial but no-one thinks that it''s not an e-ring. Had I gone with a 3ct (
30.gif
) I think it would have been too big.

One problem I do find is that I am reluctant to wear other coloured stone rings as RHR as I don''t want them to compete (not a huge problem for me as I don''t set my rocks), but something you may want to bear in mind when considering the setting. If you went for the Legacy then the added blingyness would give the e-ring an edge over a more simple setting on a RHR...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 11:00:44 AM
Author: Pandora II

One problem I do find is that I am reluctant to wear other coloured stone rings as RHR as I don''t want them to compete (not a huge problem for me as I don''t set my rocks), but something you may want to bear in mind when considering the setting. If you went for the Legacy then the added blingyness would give the e-ring an edge over a more simple setting on a RHR...

I agree with this.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2009 11:00:44 AM
Author: Pandora II
That''s a good point for those with a coloured stone e-ring.

E B

Ideal_Rock
stepcut,

If you''re worried about too much bling with something like you''ve pictured, what about going for a thinner halo and band, a la Ritani? You get the sparkle, and plenty of it, just not as much.

TanDogMom just got a lovely sapphire set into a Ritani cushion halo setting: Cushion Sapphire in Ritani Endless Love

Maybe something like that would be more your speed? I too am a t-shirt, jeans and flip-flop kinda gal, so I know exactly where you''re coming from.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora-That was an extremely helpful and informative post. Thank you!

Ebree-I am also considering other halo types. I''m not in love with that setting but it is beautiful.

I think I''m a little confused now about what size stone I want. I''m glad I''m starting all this months in advance. If I had to figure out all this at trigger time my brain would hurt or I would wind up with a dud.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, here''s what I''ve been thinking. It''s a lot easier to say: what syle e-ring should I get with a cushion... if the cushion is a diamond. But sapphires... they are very much individuals (any colored stone really) and not interchangable. You frequently fall for the color, and accept the cut. Whereas with diamonds you fall for the cut and accept the color. I personally would suggest looking for the center first then seeing what will look the best with your individual stone.

Also have you looked at BeverlyK settings? Go to their website, click on collections, then to beverly K collection. PP''s Vatche Antique setting is also one of my favorites. Beverly K and Vatche have several Legecy inspired settings between them that I think will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results