shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my cushion sapphire in Ritani Endless Love

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! I haven't been on PS much lately and probably won't have much time for PS in the near future either, but I did not forget that I owe you guys pictures! So many people here were very helpful while I was choosing my sapphire and setting. I especially want to thank LtlFirecracker and LostSapphire for all their help.

A quick recap, this ring is a gift from my husband for a big birthday! We shopped together to choose the general style, and then he left the details to me since he knows I enjoy the process. I wanted something legacy-ish in style, and I loved the delicate Ritani. I also loved the Beverley K settings, and it was tough to choose between them! I think either one would have been a great choice, and I am very happy with the Ritani. Choosing the sapphire was harder than I thought it would be, but I learned a lot in the process. I viewed probably 10 stones locally and maybe 6 or so by mail before choosing mine.

I am very pleased with the ring! I worked with Julian at Pearlmans for both the sapphire and setting, and he was just a delight to work with. Whenever I have any future jewelry projects, I look forward to working with him again! The process was everything I was hoping for. Julian was so knowledgeable, friendly, prompt, and professional, and never pressured me to make a quick decision or spend more than my budget. In fact, the ring came in a bit under the original budget! So, I highly recommend Pearlmans and Julian especially.

The only surprise is that my sapphire does look quite a bit darker in the Ritani setting than it did loose. I knew this was a possibility with a bezel setting, but I couldn't envision it. These photos show off the sapphire at its best, lighting wise. Indoors without bright lights, it's pretty dark. If I were doing it over, I might have looked for a lighter sapphire or chosen a non bezel setting. Still, I enjoy the ring so much! It's exactly what I was hoping for. The Ritani setting is so beautifully made. Although I had originally hoped to find a larger sapphire, I'm really happy with the size of this one. With the setting, it's just the finger coverage that I wanted. When the light hits the sapphire, it has such a beautiful color and fire to it.

I wear size 6, the ring is Palladium, and the sapphire is just shy of 1 carat.

So, let's hope I can post some pics! Oh, and I don't usually wear my nails this bright.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
The first pic...

IMG_0884_small.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
another pic

IMG_0887_small.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
another pic

IMG_0888_small.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
another pic

IMG_0892_small.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
a flower shot!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hmm, that didn''t work. Flower shot take 2!

IMG_0909_small.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
another flower shot

IMG_0912_small.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
and I think that''s it for now!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and setting! It looks great on your hand.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. Thanks for the pictures!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s STUNNING - absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing pics
30.gif
36.gif
9.gif

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
It''s lovely and Happy Birthday!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous TDM. What a nice birthday pressie. Enjoy!!!
30.gif
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering what happened to you! It is beautiful and it looks great on your hand. And the setting is just perfect for that stone. Thanks for showing it off. I have been wanting to see it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous ring!!!! I love it on your hand, and the colour really is lovely!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Kismet,FlyGirl, AmberGretchen, Laineybugger, Kaleigh, Ltlfirecracker, and LaurenthePartier,

Thank you all so much for your very nice comments! I really appreciate it!

I didn''t get many responses at first and I was afraid everyone was looking and thinking man, it''s a shame the stone''s too dark. Well, maybe some people were, but your compliments really make my day!

I am sure enjoying the ring! I also have a thin eternity band that looks like it was made to go with the Ritani. I don''t know why I didn''t wear it in the photographs. I enjoy wearing them together on especially blingy days. In fact, I think the endless love with a colored stone and a matching band would be a lovely wedding set! I''ll try and get some pics of the combo.

Again, thanks for the compliments and for everyone who helped along the way!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 11:05:34 AM
Author: TanDogMom
The first pic...
Beautiful! What a lovely color on that sapphire!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
delicious!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TDM, your ring is gorgeous and I love the color or the sapphire!!! What a wonderful birthday present you picked out. It is lovely on your hand too.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
TanDogMom, so good to see you again! Your ring is gorgeous!!! Wow it turned out so great - and I especially love that last flower shot! The color looks amazing in daylight, and the setting really suits it. Congrats!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Holly, Swimmer, Linda and Brown Eyed Girl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my pics and for the nice compliments! Thanks especially for complimenting the color of it. Funny, during the sapphire search I was very focused on the cut. Now that the ring is set, I can see why color is most important in colored gems.

I should have said, the first pic is in daylight and the rest are in my kitchen on top of a black surface. I should take more outdoor pics. It was cold so I only took a few, and most of them came out blurry. It looks best in natural light (I think sapphires generally do) but between the flash and kitchen lighting, I think I still captured the color pretty well indoors.

One thing I really love about my sapphire compared to the others I looked at - mine has a lot of sparkle coming off the top facets. I don't know how better to describe it. In the right light, it also flashes a beautiful blue from deep within the stone. I wish I saw even more of the blue flashes like I did when it was loose, but when I do see it, it's amazing!

I am really enjoying the ring!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautifully!!!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TDM, your ring is gorgeous and looks wonderful on your hand! I really like the color. I don''t think it is too dark at all. What a fantastic birthday present.
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
thank you geckodani! I love your bezel band and the new trend it sparked!

Catmom, nice to see you! Thanks for your vote of confidence on the color, I know you know your colored gems!

Thanks tourmaline lover!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I really like that setting from Ritani, nice choice! Your ring looks beautiful, congrats.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
TDM, it turned out beautiful.

I''m so glad you took the time to post some pics. It suits your hand perfectly.

LS

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! Delicate and perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results