shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll take two! Which would you choose for an ering?

Which would you choose?

• James Meyer in platinum with saphire.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Tiffany legacy replica.

• Neither! And here is a pic of one I like better!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 11:17:19 AM
Author: EBree

Date: 5/11/2009 11:00:44 AM
Author: Pandora II

One problem I do find is that I am reluctant to wear other coloured stone rings as RHR as I don''t want them to compete (not a huge problem for me as I don''t set my rocks), but something you may want to bear in mind when considering the setting. If you went for the Legacy then the added blingyness would give the e-ring an edge over a more simple setting on a RHR...

I agree with this.
I also agree and have found that I do not like to wear colored stone RHR. But looking back I would not change my colored stone ering, I will just stick to diamond RHR... what a shame..
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif
12.gif

Oh and my vote would be for the legacy

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the leads Gypsy. I will check them out.

I do agree pp about thinking a diamond rhr would be the way to go. While I don''t desire a diamond as my ering, I''d live to have an asscher in a bezel one day.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm....well i think you probably know i vote for the legacy
2.gif
I love that ring, and while i love sapphires, if it was my ering i would want some diamonds with it. It wouldn''t have to be a halo, but i would either do a halo or a three stone with diamond sides because on their own, sapphires just don''t have the same sparkle as a diamond and my need some brightening up. I love arjunajane''s ring, but if you put a sapphire that is the same color as the one pictured in the legacy, it will look dark because of the bezel.

Both settings are beautiful, but for an engagement ring i vote legacy all the way!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was waiting for you to chime in violet! I'm just so torn. I saw a picture of Cind11's sapphire JM and it didn't look too dark. I am so freaking torn! I'm going down south Friday for a job interview. I think I will stop in Tiffany's and try on a legacy. Give me dust for the job interview!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I love the Legacy, I think it would be a little too much for my normally casual attire. On the other hand, the richness of a beautiful sapphire in enhanced by white diamonds, so the JM would not be my choice for a rich blue sapphire. Personally, I'd go in between those two and get a three stone ring with diamonds on the side, probably in a Leon Mege platinum classic setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t find a perfect three stone with a sapphire right off hand, but here is my other choice over either of the two you mentioned. It is from Singlestone and I adore it. I think it combines the best of the Legacy look with the JM look, actually.

singlestonering1a.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2009 11:42:51 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Can''t find a perfect three stone with a sapphire right off hand, but here is my other choice over either of the two you mentioned. It is from Singlestone and I adore it. I think it combines the best of the Legacy look with the JM look, actually.
This is gorgeous Diamondseeker - it really does combine both the legacy and the JM!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 1:40:32 AM
Author: stepcutgirl
Packrat-If I chose the JM I want one of his wedding bands! I do see your point though. One of the things I like about his work is how not blingy it is.

Cind-How do you like the ring? Do you wear it daily? TO bed? I heard one PS user say it was so dainty she was almost afraid it would bend or break, do you feel that way? How about the height, does it sit as high as they look like they sit?
I really like my ring. I don''t wear it daily because I have other rhr''s. And I don''t wear my jewelry to bed. I do not feel like it would bend or break. The shank is not wide (I think JM said it is 2mm) but it has some "depth" or thickmess to it. I have not found the height to be a problem. I have never caught it on anything or felt like it was so high that it was in the way.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the James Meyer ring, my reasoning is I love his work, even before discovering Pricescope. I would also have 2 small OECs on the sides like this ring.
I''m looking forward to your ering photos no matter which one you choose.
30.gif
30.gif

1274.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I change my vote. I love DiamondSeeker''s suggestion.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Even though I am enjoying my ring, and my original vote was for the Legacy, I also change my vote to diamondseeker''s suggestion. That would make a gorgeous ering.

E B

Ideal_Rock

I change my vote to this as well.
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 2:00:18 AM

I change my vote to this as well.
30.gif
Holy Moly and heck yeah!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the legacy looks more ering like. And if you want to go for bling I think the greatest bling belongs in the ering. But both settings are just FAB and would work. It really depends on how much bling suits you and your hands. Go try them on if possible. I really like some settings on othe people but when I try them on they look BAD on me. I too think you should try on Beverly K and Ritani Endless love settings.

Have fun trying on rings.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your replies!

That is a beautiful ring diamondseeker! It''s not my perfect match but I have seen many beautiful halo''s and I would love to see more if people would like to post them!

LdyNghtWng

Rough_Rock
The JM would make a wonderful RHR, and I would love it for a garnet or tourmaline, but I don''t think it says "special" as much as the Legacy setting. For an engagement ring, I think diamonds really set off a coloured stone. They say, this stone is precious and wonderful, just like I am =) And even of you''re a casual gal, an engagement ring is forever, and there''s nothing wrong with a little bling!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Awww...thank you LNW!

Here is another ring I adore and am considering having something similar made with less ba bam!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-engagement-ring-glamour-shots.75275/

I have no idea how to make a link.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
THIS ONE!!!!! I have always loved this SS setting since I first saw it, and thought it would be a perfect way to combine the 2 styles you''re considering!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 12:19:12 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

THIS ONE!!!!! I have always loved this SS setting since I first saw it, and thought it would be a perfect way to combine the 2 styles you''re considering!
I''ve seen that setting in person and tried it on. Photos don''t do it justice. It''s a contender for my pad.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Chrono! How do you do that?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for the Singlestone one but with a flush bezel around the stone rather than prongs. I know this is BLASPHEMOUS but I''m "over" straight up Legacy copies. They are EVERYWHERE. And the James Meyers seems a bit too casual for a blue sapphire. Maybe just because I''m so used to seeing blues paired with diamonds to give them punch. When I was e-ring shopping I briefly considered a gorgeous 2 ct bezel set blue sapphire cushion cut with no side diamonds, in a tapered engraved platinum setting == that looked kind of "signet ring"=y .... I decided that it was gorgeous but more of a RHR. I still want it though. Oh how I want it.

Have you considered a three stone ring .. with half-moons or pears?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This may answer you Deco...I''m wondering if this ring would look nearly as fabulous with just the halo part and some diamonds in the band w/o the half moon sides? Or...a sapphire like this with half moon sides. I just love this ring but I doubt i would be willing to spend the amount it wuld take ot make this whole rings, though I am at times pleasantly shocked when quotes come back.

lkssap918.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2009 12:44:36 PM
This may answer you Deco...I'm wondering if this ring would look nearly as fabulous with just the halo part and some diamonds in the band w/o the half moon sides? Or...a sapphire like this with half moon sides. I just love this ring but I doubt i would be willing to spend the amount it wuld take ot make this whole rings, though I am at times pleasantly shocked when quotes come back.
I think ANY variation of this ring would be stunning. I LOVE this ring - the only reason i didn't post this one in the "show me your favorites" section was it was already posted
9.gif
I seconded it. It's lovely.

When i was looking to have my ering made, i originally was leaning sapphire halo and then changed my mind to a sapphire cushion with half moons (no halo) - it's such a classic look. of course i wound up getting an eternity band - go figure
33.gif
i change my mind a lot
3.gif

Are you set on the halo? or could a more traditional three stone be up your alley as well? The only thing i know for me is that if i chose the solitaire sapphire, i would eventually miss seeing some sparkle/bling on my finger (and i am a true sapphire lover).

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 12:44:36 PM
This may answer you Deco...I'm wondering if this ring would look nearly as fabulous with just the halo part and some diamonds in the band w/o the half moon sides? Or...a sapphire like this with half moon sides. I just love this ring but I doubt i would be willing to spend the amount it wuld take ot make this whole rings, though I am at times pleasantly shocked when quotes come back.

I think that from what you've told us about your style, the sapphire cushion with half moons SANS halo would be a great idea. You get the blue, you get the bling, but it's lower-maintenance (is that a proper term?) than something with pave.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Something like this, maybe? But with claw prongs.
18.gif

sapphmoons.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2009 5:46:11 PM
Something like this, maybe? But with claw prongs.
18.gif
100% yes to that ring. it''s stunning.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, a plain three stone would be the most practical and my other choice aside from the Singlestone ring. I just think you get into a cocktail ring kind of look with some of these pave rings.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do the 3 stone or SS as well. I''m sorry to say that I''m sort of tired of seeing all these halos here. Blasphemous, isn''t it?
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2009 12:33:22 PM
Thanks Chrono! How do you do that?
After you have pasted the url, just move the cursor one step to the right and it automatically changes into a clickable link.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results