shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll showdown. Sholdt vs James Meyer!

Which of these options would you pic?

• The Sholdt Fremont with the completely open profile.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The Sholdt semi bezel

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the Semi because the Fremont looks boring from the top view.
3.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I tend to agree with you Chrono. I''m a little worried about pairing a wedding band other than a plain band with the semi though. I want a Danielle bezel band with the semi bezel and I read on Elle_Chri''s thread that you can''t wear a diamond band next to it because the stone sticks out some. I guess I could get a super thin band and then wear the Danielle band though.

I also wonder how thick it is at the sholders, it looks thick.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 10:08:34 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
I tend to agree with you Chrono. I''m a little worried about pairing a wedding band other than a plain band with the semi though. I want a Danielle bezel band with the semi bezel and I read on Elle_Chri''s thread that you can''t wear a diamond band next to it because the stone sticks out some. I guess I could get a super thin band and then wear the Danielle band though.

I also wonder how thick it is at the sholders, it looks thick.
That''s a good point too. Pearlmans should be able to answer that easily and quickly. Perhaps, that might end up as the deciding factor.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
D&T told me it depends on your stone size. Mine is going to be between 7-7.5 so that leads me to believe it would be around 5mm. It''s hard to tell with out seeing it if that would look too big. While I wear a size 7 ring, there is just short of 3/4 in of room between my palm and knuckle.

I just sketched that out on my finger and while I can fit the 5mm ring, I think I could only fit one band. Maybe more though if I got a 2mm band to go inbwtween.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Could someone please photoshop the color of my stone to this?

ETA-I'm going to make another thread to ask for photoshop help. I'm not sure the photoshop people are reading this thread.

elizasholdt918.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you could wear a thin little spacer between the Danielle and the Sholdt?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Even though that was my JM posted earlier and I''m usually 100% for the JM, in your case I like the semi bezel and that is how I voted.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on whether you like a more modern streamlined look (Sholdt) or more of a detailed look (Meyer). Personally, I know this isn''t much help, but I like them both, and I think they both have their own special appeal separate from one another. It''s basically what you like better, modern streamlined, or more of a hand made detailed piece.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 10:28:29 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
D&T told me it depends on your stone size. Mine is going to be between 7-7.5 so that leads me to believe it would be around 5mm. It''s hard to tell with out seeing it if that would look too big. While I wear a size 7 ring, there is just short of 3/4 in of room between my palm and knuckle.

I just sketched that out on my finger and while I can fit the 5mm ring, I think I could only fit one band. Maybe more though if I got a 2mm band to go inbwtween.
Hey SCG- While the head or the "wrapping bezel" will be about 5mm, the ring actually contours inward, so the shank will actually be about maybe 3mm on the underside. So you''re actually not wearing a 5mm wide shank so to speak. I''ll take some picture of my under gallery so you can see better even though its not the exact ring, its still will help you see, and If Elle_Chris comes along maybe you can ask her to take a picture of it as well? Otherwise do ask Bill or Julian at Pearlmans to send a sample ring out to you
1.gif
I''ll be back in a minute

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok here is the underside, so its' actually about the same width as the very bottom of my shank which is about 2.5mm.

OK.. and I hate to throw this in the mix... but I love this Claude Thibaudeau ring which was one of the contender (I actually love it more with a colored stone
30.gif
)

Sundial's Beautiful CT ring with a Pink Sapphire
30.gif
(slight Threadjack for another contender?)

pinksapphirect2.jpg

Onto the Sholdt Underside.....

sholdtdtring10 014combined.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Elle_Chris's ring profile with a band that she took for me, back in October... Hope this helps: Her plain band is about 2 or 2.5mm? and her diamond is 2.52 ct with a diameter of about 8.8mm so this will give you an idea maybe?

fordt2.jpg

fordt4.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok here is my profile. Hope these will help you. I think for sure the Danielle bezel band will fit nicely up against the ring, because as I can remember the Daniel bezel height was really no more than 1.7mm I beleive.

profileweddingbanddt2.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have three gorgeous settings to chose from here...I like the open profile of the Fremont.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Those are some great photos you posted, D&T. Do you have a face-on shot of your ring with the sapphire eternity band? I think looking at that will help people (like me) to see if they like the look together, even if it''s true that the rings will fit together.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 11:32:17 AM
Author: AustenNut
Those are some great photos you posted, D&T. Do you have a face-on shot of your ring with the sapphire eternity band? I think looking at that will help people (like me) to see if they like the look together, even if it''s true that the rings will fit together.
Hey Austen, I don''t want to threadjack SCG''s thread but you can find more pictures on here Link
1.gif
Hope these will help.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank You D&T! That was really helpful! I had a mental image that it was really thick on the sides so that really helps. Thank you so much! Once I get my stone i am going to call Bill to see if he has samples of both. I want to wait for the stone so i can drop it into both to see it.

TL-Ya know i have never been a fan of modern designs. I really liked the JM and a modern bezel was just not a thought. I like rings that look like antiques and never even really give more modern pieces a second look, until I saw D&T''s old Keystone/Danielle set and I just adored it and then i found the Sholts and I am smitten.
30.gif
I do love love love the Jm''s but I think I will do a rhr in his setting.

DD-I really love the Fremont profile too!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re welcome
35.gif
anytime, I can''t wait to see what you will end up with... All your choices are fantastic btw-can''t go wrong with any of them

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results