shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your Size 6.5 /7 Finger with a 1 Carat - D Color Engagement Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
I am finally ready to buy a diamond, I decided on a D color and will therefore have to go from a 2 carat or 1.40 to a 1 carat.

I figured that if the ring sparkles enough and is an excellent cut, it might help sparkle and look bigger than it is.

I would love to see pics of my potential ring (one carat, d color and i have a 6.5 or so finger).......

I see some women with the sparkliest diamonds and I wonder what their specs are. Are there any tips for getting
the most sparkliest diamond? What should I look for? Thanks!!!
34.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well I have a 1ct princess on a 6.75, but it's nowhere near D color (it's an I). But since you can't really tell the color from photos, I'll include it here...

ETA: Weird, the pic link didn't work. Well, here is my thread (sorry, some of the pics are huge!).

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Colour does not affect the sparkle and there is definitely a sizable difference between a 2ct ring and a 1ct ring and a 1.4ct.

If you post the specs of prospective diamonds your looking at in RT the experts there will be more then happy to help you pick a sparkle bomb :D

ETA: these threads might help you about size

Show me your size 7's

How about your size 6's

Diamond size comparison

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
You may want to try the engagement ring thread at the top of this section; I have a 1.5 carat diamond and my hand is about a 7 so that may give you a good idea of what the 1.4 would look like.
Much luck!
Like others have said, there is a huge price difference between the 2, 1.4 and 1 carat- do you have a budget in mind? You may consider dropping color for a larger size- what about clarity? How important is that to you? And most important, cut- what are you looking for?
Anywho- if you can help clarify things for us I''m sure you''ll get some very helpful replies!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I don''t have a 1 ct. D color, I just wanted to say that color isn''t what makes it sparkle. Some of the most sparkly diamonds are lower colors, it''s all in how it''s cut. If you want a D for the "mind white-ness" or because of its rarity, then you should get a D. If you want a D because you want the most sparkle, I''d definitely not worry about color as much and focus on size and cut.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
im just curious why you have decided on a d? and im curious if you have looked at a d and compared it side by side to an f or even a g? and could you tell that big of a difference in sparkle?

i''ve done that, and couldnt tell... it was the cut that made the difference for me.
i saw a poorly cut d next to an ideal cut h, and i thought the h sparkled more...

all that told me was i needed to look at as many diamonds as possible, to see which one spoke to me saying "TAKE ME HOME!!"

i know what you are goin through, i want strong blue fluor, its as important to me as anything else.
isnt diamond shopping FUN!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 10:21:29 PM
Author: Deelight
Colour does not affect the sparkle and there is definitely a sizable difference between a 2ct ring and a 1ct ring and a 1.4ct.

If you post the specs of prospective diamonds your looking at in RT the experts there will be more then happy to help you pick a sparkle bomb :D

Ditto Dee--a great cut will get you the sparkle. Well cut diamonds can also mask color. A 2ct G-H will definitely look much bigger than a 1.4ct D. If you want the stone to look bigger within a budget--go down in color/clarity--up in weight, and choose an excellent/ideal cut.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Definitely look through the threads provided above, but I think that the best way to get an idea is to try on some rings that are similar to what you are expectiing. That to me will be the best example for you. Pictures don''t always convey the most accurate effect of diamond size vs. your finger size. IMO of course!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:09:21 AM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 2/5/2009 10:21:29 PM

Author: Deelight

Ditto Dee--a great cut will get you the sparkle. Well cut diamonds can also mask color. A 2ct G-H will definitely look much bigger than a 1.4ct D. If you want the stone to look bigger within a budget--go down in color/clarity--up in weight, and choose an excellent/ideal cut.

thritto. I have an I and it sparkles like crazy. Focus on the cut if that''s what you''re looking for.

tdha

Rough_Rock
One thing to consider with a D colored diamond. If you plan on having side stones or diamonds in your wedding band they may show a color difference. I think it is hard to find a d colored diamond band. There is a thread about this but I can''t seem to find it. But if D is what you want, go for it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a 6.5 - 7 and have a 1ct Asscher, 1ct Oval and 1ct Pear but none are D in colour. If you want to see size compared to finger size then I think you'll be inundated with photos and it's amazing how different they look on the hand. However asking for D colour as well will limit the amount of photos. Not sure if that helps?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, thritto what others have said about cut being the most important thing! Your pic requests were pretty specific too.
5.gif
I''ve got a .75 D on a size 6.25 finger, if it helps.

Link to thread on my ering setting.
Link to thread on my bezel band - more handshots in this one.

I got my ering well before PS, and DH wanted a D, mostly for bragging rights, I suspect. He also managed to get me quite a nice cut, so my ring sparkles like crazy! That said, could I do it again... I''d have gone bigger and dropped the color a bit.
5.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m a size 6, but close enough, right? My diamond is 1 carat.

ebreeband3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results