shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your K-L-M colored diamonds :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:15:36 PM
Author: LoveDeco
I think it is stunning! I wouldn''t change a thing! You can pick it apart a million times over, but overall you have a GORGEOUS, UNIQUE, BLINGING ring right there! It will look phenomenal on your right hand! I adore those pears! Never seen them before! I also love the rose gold. Who set the stones? The setting looks perfect, those prongs are to die for!

Thanks LoveDeco!

I have been letting it all soak in for a few days and am still not even hearing the ring whisper to me! My hubby thinks I''m nuts!!! Diamondsbylauren set the stones, they did a fantastic job---the setting is beautiful :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 6:44:38 PM
Author: mausketeer
Date: 2/2/2009 1:06:06 PM

Author: stepcutnut

So I kind of have a dilemma...

Although, the ring is wonderfully built-heavy, impeccable work---I love the center and the side stones, just not together! the hubby thinks I'm nuts and loves how it turned out(which is not well represented by my photos---its very bright and lively)

So my options are to:

1)have the center reset in Plat-to try and whiten her up

2)to try and find a similar sized whiter, chunky facets cushion to replace the center

3)replace the center with a blue sapphire

4)try and locate a whiter old cut diamond(miner or european) to replace the center

This is a RHR by the way, I had the ring made in remembrance of my grandparents---so I need to love it :)

What would you do???
LOL - oh StepCutNut - are we not a pair? I'm sure you've seen MY post about my new e-ring and my 'buyers remorse' BEFORE I even have it! Sorry, not laughing at you, just the fact that thank GOODNESS I am not the only one who went through the whole process and ending up going 'Hmmmm'.......

Hmmmm - I will look at your photos more closely and consider the different options you presented before saying my opinion on what you should do. Is it the contrast between the warmth of the centre stone with the rose gold and the whiteness of the sidestones and their settings that is bothering you?

- Jodie -

Jodie-I think this one just took me off guard...I normally don't give a second thought to my sparklie purchases. When I opened the box expecting to love it and although it is gorgeous, it just wasn't talking to me like most of my pieces.

It is the contrast or lack there of I think that is bothering me, So I am still unsure which way to go with it
7.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:01:37 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
If you don't love the contrast between the two colors I'd reset the center... it really looks like a beautiful stone, and it would be a shame to turn it loose. Honestly the ring might bug me too for some weird reason I can't put my finger on... maybe it's that the halo on my M color irritates me with the contrast too, despite the fact that I love the warmth of the M color? I have a CZ that's about an O or P color that's really close to the same size as my OEC- 9.5mmish- and it's set alone in white gold. I prefer the look of the warm stone by itself a la the CZ vs. my M color in a halo of whiter stones. Dunno why. Even though I like the warmer stones... I guess I'm just not a fan of the contrast between very white next to the warmer color.

If you think it's the color itself that bugs you, of course, that's a whole other thing! And hard to decide I imagine. Can you get a cheap-ish setting to try it out by itself? If you do love it apart, then you could source a colored stone (sapphire I think you said?) to put with the white pears.

Whatever you do, I'd give it some time to settle and ponder it a bit. I think it can be weird sometimes to see the actual ring after imagining it for a long time, and we need to get used to it sometimes... but, on the other hand, I've never really grown to love something I didn't like much initially, it's just clarified in my mind *what* it is that I don't love about something. That presumes of course that you are long past any return period already!

Thanks for the your input, I am actually really confused on this one---and normally am not so with sparklie purchases!

I really have no one that is crazy enough about sparklies to get an honest opinion from here...everyone thinks it is really silly dilemma and that I should just keep as is!!! But, most don't have a jewelry addiction like I do---they just don't understand my love for it to begin with. So I think that makes the whole situation even thougher!!!

I will give it some more thought, but I can honestly say that I just don't know what to do!

I don't think that resetting the center in Plat would do it for me either---would probably still have an awkward amount of contrast to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results