shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your K-L-M colored diamonds :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ociopia

Rough_Rock
This is an 1 carat M. It is most definitely not white. The moment I saw it, I thought it was a pale canary, which it isn''t. It appears very faintly yellow, which shows more strongly, perhaps, against 18 carat white gold. The cut is Old Miner and it is an I1.

old miner in beverly k desktop.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one yummy thread!!!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
yesssssem
36.gif

more pics please
1.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s my e-ring, 1.02ct L coloured cushion. It’s really mesmerizing, changing its colour from warm honey to almost icy white in different lighting. Here it’s shown with my 5 stone band, which is a G colour. I wear the two rings together and usually I just can’t spot a difference between the colours. Sometimes it’s pretty obvious though, depending on the lighting again. I love warmer coloured diamonds, especially with cushions. It gives them a nice antique flavour IMO.
1.gif

IMG_03266565-1.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 5:43:58 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Date: 12/1/2008 3:27:08 PM

Author: stepcutnut

:)

Should have nice finger coverage the pears are: 6.55 x 5.35 x 2.50 mm
Those have a pear profile, but they're not traditional pears are they? There's something strange in the lower facets...almost step cut?

LOL purrpectpear---I don't know about strange, maybe unique-yes they are step cut pears and I love them. I've had them sometime, just needed the right center stone to set them with :)

stepcut pear.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 5:52:30 PM
Author: bebe
Date: 12/1/2008 5:43:58 PM

Author: purrfectpear

Date: 12/1/2008 3:27:08 PM

:)

Should have nice finger coverage the pears are: 6.55 x 5.35 x 2.50 mm
Those have a pear profile, but they''re not traditional pears are they? There''s something strange in the lower facets...almost step cut?
Interesting, I''d love to know about the pear cuts! They do look like a step cut - I''ve never seen that!

bebe here is the info I have on the step cut pear pair:

TOTAL WEIGHT: 1.17cts
QUANTITY: 2
SHAPE: Shield
COLOR: F
CLARITY: VS1
MEASUREMENTS: 6.55 x 5.35 x 2.50 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 46.7%
FLUORESCENCE: NONE

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 8:31:56 PM
Author: ociopia
This is an 1 carat M. It is most definitely not white. The moment I saw it, I thought it was a pale canary, which it isn''t. It appears very faintly yellow, which shows more strongly, perhaps, against 18 carat white gold. The cut is Old Miner and it is an I1.

Very lovely!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous warm colored stones everyone! SCN!! Several of us just love that cushion cut(are your ears burning?)...and the shield cut pears will be gorgeous with that! I would love to see Leon set this bad boy!!!! SWOON!

Here is my L colored cushion 1.57ct with light fancy brownish pink diamonds.........

DSCF3571.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's an M. It's a lovely lemon (the photo doesn't do it any justice at all!) and it has great fire and lustre - and a wicked bow tie that would look great with a tux!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 5:32:21 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Gorgeous warm colored stones everyone! SCN!! Several of us just love that cushion cut(are your ears burning?)...and the shield cut pears will be gorgeous with that! I would love to see Leon set this bad boy!!!! SWOON!

Here is my L colored cushion 1.57ct with light fancy brownish pink diamonds.........

CCN-I love Leon''s work, but not working with him. This spring I began conversing with him about a project, he seemed rude and less than enthusiastic...not about the particular project, just in general and actually kind of rude!!! My thoughts are that even if he has ''TOO'' much business, that you still need to be treated well! Not saying that I will never work with him, just not for this project...it''s too special to me!!!

I''ve been looking for sometime, for the perfect stone or piece of jewelry(not too seriously until lately) to allow me to reflect on the wonderful impact my grandparents(dad''s parents) have had on my life.

As of late, I have had some health challenges and my gramps has been going through quit the health ordeal-so my ''need'' to find the perfect piece escalated!

I knew that it had to be ultra special and ''speak'' to me fully!!!

At first, when I saw the 2.27ct cushion I loved it, but I was holding out for a OMC cushion someday-so put it out of my mind. After coming back and back again for several days of lurking at the stone-I decided this was the ''one''!

I loved the fact that it was ''antiquey'' and most importantly that it had a cross in the center of the stone with the facets!!!

At first I thought I wanted it made into a pendant, to be close to my heart. But then decided that a pendant would not do this stone justice. So I asked D to send me a picture of the cushion with my step cut pear pair, and I love the look.

I am excited to have found such a gorgeous stone(or stones with the pear pair)-it will be worn with much adoration for my grandparents-what a special piece, that will allow me remember all the love and caring my grandparents have given me---they will always hold a very special place in my heart :)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
YOur stone is gorgeous. I can''t wait to see it set. One day I would love to purchase a warm OEC and bezel it in a pendant. My ering is a K and I love it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
mmmmmmm
36.gif
M stones! Embrace the warmth!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Well we sent my 2.27ct cushion to GIA for cert. and it came back N color, VS2 clarity.

Had it set in RG with F colored step cut pears/shields set in Plat with a Plat shank.

Here she is...

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
A little fire :)

2.27 cushion pear ring2.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
showing its lighter side :)

2.27 cushion pear ring3.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
step cut pears/shields :)

2.27 cushion pear ring4.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
handshot

2.27 cushion pear ring5.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautiful!!
36.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
showing a little green body color

2.27 cushion pear ring8.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
So I kind of have a dilemma...

Although, the ring is wonderfully built-heavy, impeccable work---I love the center and the side stones, just not together! the hubby thinks I'm nuts and loves how it turned out(which is not well represented by my photos---its very bright and lively)

So my options are to:
1)have the center reset in Plat-to try and whiten her up
2)to try and find a similar sized whiter, chunky facets cushion to replace the center
3)replace the center with a blue sapphire
4)try and locate a whiter old cut diamond(miner or european) to replace the center

This is a RHR by the way, I had the ring made in remembrance of my grandparents---so I need to love it :)

What would you do???

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Suggestions, Anybody??? I kind of feel like I am going a little nuts with this one and am soooo confused!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
I think it is stunning! I wouldn''t change a thing! You can pick it apart a million times over, but overall you have a GORGEOUS, UNIQUE, BLINGING ring right there! It will look phenomenal on your right hand! I adore those pears! Never seen them before! I also love the rose gold. Who set the stones? The setting looks perfect, those prongs are to die for!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 1:06:06 PM
So I kind of have a dilemma...

Although, the ring is wonderfully built-heavy, impeccable work---I love the center and the side stones, just not together! the hubby thinks I''m nuts and loves how it turned out(which is not well represented by my photos---its very bright and lively)

So my options are to:
1)have the center reset in Plat-to try and whiten her up
2)to try and find a similar sized whiter, chunky facets cushion to replace the center
3)replace the center with a blue sapphire
4)try and locate a whiter old cut diamond(miner or european) to replace the center

This is a RHR by the way, I had the ring made in remembrance of my grandparents---so I need to love it :)

What would you do???
LOL - oh StepCutNut - are we not a pair? I''m sure you''ve seen MY post about my new e-ring and my "buyers remorse" BEFORE I even have it! Sorry, not laughing at you, just the fact that thank GOODNESS I am not the only one who went through the whole process and ending up going "Hmmmm".......

Hmmmm - I will look at your photos more closely and consider the different options you presented before saying my opinion on what you should do. Is it the contrast between the warmth of the centre stone with the rose gold and the whiteness of the sidestones and their settings that is bothering you?

- Jodie -

LGK

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t love the contrast between the two colors I''d reset the center... it really looks like a beautiful stone, and it would be a shame to turn it loose. Honestly the ring might bug me too for some weird reason I can''t put my finger on... maybe it''s that the halo on my M color irritates me with the contrast too, despite the fact that I love the warmth of the M color? I have a CZ that''s about an O or P color that''s really close to the same size as my OEC- 9.5mmish- and it''s set alone in white gold. I prefer the look of the warm stone by itself a la the CZ vs. my M color in a halo of whiter stones. Dunno why. Even though I like the warmer stones... I guess I''m just not a fan of the contrast between very white next to the warmer color.

If you think it''s the color itself that bugs you, of course, that''s a whole other thing! And hard to decide I imagine. Can you get a cheap-ish setting to try it out by itself? If you do love it apart, then you could source a colored stone (sapphire I think you said?) to put with the white pears.

Whatever you do, I''d give it some time to settle and ponder it a bit. I think it can be weird sometimes to see the actual ring after imagining it for a long time, and we need to get used to it sometimes... but, on the other hand, I''ve never really grown to love something I didn''t like much initially, it''s just clarified in my mind *what* it is that I don''t love about something. That presumes of course that you are long past any return period already!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results