shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your K-L-M colored diamonds :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I've been looking at older cut stones, most in the K-L-M color without fluorescence. I'm alittle worried about the warmth after they are set and was wondering if those that have these warmer coldered stones would mind posting them since my searches have come up empty handed??? Thanks in advance :)

customandrew

Rough_Rock
its my O coloured ags ideal against white background...

th_IMG_0547.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Well, they do show warmth, set or not. I guess it''s just a matter of whether or not that bothers you. I like it, myself, in old cuts. I don''t find it detracts from their beauty whatsoever.

My M colored OEC is a larger one, 3.55 cts, and it is definitely not super white looking usually, but neither does it look yellow in most lightings either. The top down view is usually noticeable-hint-of-steely-warmth, and the side view is noticeably hint-of-ivory. Sometimes it is actually yellowish faceup but rarely... heavily overcast daylight tending towards twilight usually is the least flattering light. Overhead brilliant fluorescent light like Target or Home Depot is extremely flattering and makes it look very white and fiery. Direct spotlight makes it go dark-with-tons-of-fire, like an ideal cut, and it looks faceup just like a well-cut colorless diamond in that type of lighting, because they both will look dark grey.

It does show color in photographs somewhat more than I see in real life generally. The pic of it on my hand from a distance shows what it does in spot light- goes dark. It scores a 2 on the HCA, so I think that''s why it tends to behave like a ideal RB in spotlight like that... my other OEC doesn''t so much, so not every OEC will do that.

3.4oec18edxxxxxxxx.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Another pic.

3.4oec3edxxx.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is a decent representation of what I see color-wise, but still a bit exaggerated.

I should mention the side stones are 1/3 ct M color as well, but RBs. They're a perfect color match.

zengrave2xxxxxxxx.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Sunlight.

3.4oecsun3xxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
If you can, check them out in person. Photos can be misleading. Lighting can make a diamond appear more colorless or warmer--depending. I have a K and it faces up near colorless, but it''s still a K, and I love the warmth--not for everyone, though. In any case, the best way to experience diamond color is in person.
1.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I also have a K that I wear in a pendant. Most of the time, It''s difficult to see any color, but when you do, you can tell very easily that it''s not a colorless stone.

I''m attaching a pic of the pendant next to my e-ring which is a G. In this picture, at least on my monitor, I can see the difference. I have another pic of them both together that I can''t find right now, but you can not see a hint of warmth in the K.
So yes, lighting matters very much.

Totally agree with coati that you need to see them in person. You also need to seem them in different conditions to decide if you can see a tint and if you can, are you ok with it.

sholdtpend.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting all the lovelies!

Also thanks for suggesting to see the stones in person, I don''t think I have seen a diamond below an L color IRL---I have an I and J color and do not mind thewarmth at all!!!

Does anyone have any pics of K-M coloered diamonds set in non white metal???

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey SCN, here is my 1.25 K with med blue fluoro. Its not an old cut, but it is set in yellow gold with WG prongs.
I adore my K, wouldn''t have it any other way!
I also think with older cuts the slight warmth from the lower colours is very complementary.

DSC00907.jpg-edit close.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
AJ-thanks for posting you gorgeous ring-I had no idea it was a K!!! It''s gorgeous too :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
OK-so I decided to take the plunge and purchase a new 'old' cut cushion L-M in color :) I really thought that I wanted an OMC cushion shape and have been holding out for the right one, but came across a new cut that just 'spoke' to me-but having a bit of a setting dilemma-but am getting close.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
WEIGHT: 2.27ct
SHAPE: Cushion Cut
COLOR: L
CLARITY: VS1
MEASUREMENTS: 9.15 x 8.10 x 4.40 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 54.3%
FLUORESCENCE: NONE
9.gif

2.27ct antique cut cushion.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love the cross pattern of the facets-this is going to be a ring :)

2.27ct antique cut cushion2.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful!! Congrats!! I may have missed this somewhere, but how do you plan to set it? I have a 2.1 ct OEC K color and I plan to upgrade to a cushion in the 3 carat range probably lower color some day...

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, congratulations! Please do post photos when you get it.
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh how gorgeous!! I can''t wait to see more pics!! Yay for you!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Burk, onvacation and coatimundi-I can't wait until she's set(off to the GIA first).

This will be a RHR, the center has a faint greenish tint also-so my initial thought was set it in Green Gold, but since have decided that it would make it look more yellow than green---so have now moved onto the cushion set in Rose Gold double claw prongs(so it warms up the stone, brings out the green tint and adds the needed contrast between the sides) with my step cut pair pear(F color)set in Plat with a knife edge shank.(I know, not what most would choose-to warm up a stone and set it in rose gold---but I'm excited about it)
21.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a really bad layout, but gives you the idea :)

2.27ct cushion with stepcut pears.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
another :)(under scratched plastic)

2.27ct cushion with stepcut pears2.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
:)

Should have nice finger coverage the pears are: 6.55 x 5.35 x 2.50 mm

stepcut pears.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 3:27:08 PM
Author: stepcutnut

And how!

This is going to be a gorgeous ring!! Very exciting!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I''ll say!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

* swoon...*
31.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
coatimundi and Lorelei: Thanks sooooo much, I'm really excited about this ring and that I decided to embrace the stones warmth and not be afraid of it!!! I'm leaning towards an asprey shank(pinched and knife edged), it will probably have to be set with some height too-hopefully these elements look OK as a RHR!!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock

Those have a pear profile, but they''re not traditional pears are they? There''s something strange in the lower facets...almost step cut?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 5:43:58 PM
Author: purrfectpear

Those have a pear profile, but they''re not traditional pears are they? There''s something strange in the lower facets...almost step cut?
Interesting, I''d love to know about the pear cuts! They do look like a step cut - I''ve never seen that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results