shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce Thank you ::) The emerald is Colombian and only lightly oiled according to Yvonne. I wore my ring out to dinner last night and couldn’t believe how the emerald glowed even in low light! Is it normal for emeralds to be ‘on’ even in low light?

@natasha-cupcake Thanks, I am bowled over by how delicate the setting is. I think it was executed beautifully! Way beyond my expectations so I feel very lucky! I’ll have to wait until later today for the sun to come up for photos - it’s winter here and I want to see how this baby looks in bright light :mrgreen: But in the meantime here’s a couple of glamour shots from Yvonne ::) (I’m actually kinda pissed at myself as I’ve left it too late to leave her a positive review on Etsy...)

1B9C2F71-6E7C-42B3-9FEA-E9D04878ABE0.jpeg

22942EBC-1398-4945-81C0-834915E776CC.jpeg
That’s a beautiful ring!! It looks so vintage!! Your emerald is so pretty!

Yes, emeralds glow and look especially fabulous in low artificial lighting. They glow in sunlight too. Only poor quality ones look bad in most lighting situations, like the opaque ones you see at the mall.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Love this ring @Wanaka I think emeralds look great in white metals. I love that the baguettes cover your entire finger. So elegant.

Would you please take some pictures from different angles.

I’m so glad you love it. Emeralds are magical.

voce

Ideal_Rock
O.M.G. I wasn't aware that emeralds glow in low light environments. Seeing @Wanaka's emerald ring has finally woken up my love for emeralds. I think part of the reason I've resisted for so long is that I don't like big chunky rings on my fingers, but a smaller round set in a delicate ring will make me stop and hold my breath.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
O.M.G. I wasn't aware that emeralds glow in low light environments. Seeing @Wanaka's emerald ring has finally woken up my love for emeralds. I think part of the reason I've resisted for so long is that I don't like big chunky rings on my fingers, but a smaller round set in a delicate ring will make me stop and hold my breath.

Here is a possible “gateway emerald” ring idea for you @voce. All these rings are silver hex rings from Yvonne Raley. The emerald one on top was a OOAK listing she made from a hex earring. It’s lighter weight than her others and it was very inexpensive.

BB586D79-C886-4D7C-9CC0-D3ACE944EA7E.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Here is a possible “gateway emerald” ring idea for you @voce. All these rings are silver hex rings from Yvonne Raley. The emerald one on top was a OOAK listing she made from a hex earring. It’s lighter weight than her others and it was very inexpensive.

When you show me this picture, the emerald is nice, but the 5-stone definitely steals the scene for me. Won't you tell me deets on that one? Is it spinels? Tourmaline?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
When you show me this picture, the emerald is nice, but the 5-stone definitely steals the scene for me. Won't you tell me deets on that one? Is it spinels? Tourmaline?

It’s a garnet center, tanzanites and pale pink sapphires. It is my first ring from CRD. I wear it every week it seems. It pairs so well with all the blue and mulberry/purple I wear to work.

Now back to emeralds!!!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Sungura, have you decided what to do with your emeralds yet?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
@Sungura, have you decided what to do with your emeralds yet?

Thanks for asking @Rad_Fan. I want to make a three stone with the smaller emerald. These two rings in my inspiration pics below are very close in size to my stone. I would use yellow gold or two tone

Debating whether to list the round on LT to pay for the diamond sides or sell some other gem or ring. I am forever using setting funds to buy new stones.

43C2E03D-B19D-4DFD-9EF7-D63F78754161.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9F2A6B76-A965-4621-A179-70AF9E7196B0.jpeg For educational purposes, I wanted to post my brighter medium toned emerald next to my best paraiba. I adjusted the tone to what I see IRL, but the color is greener. My emeralds always photograph so poorly, they’re the only gems where I have to alter the photo to be more accurate. Despite this lack of green hue in the photo, the saturation and glow is more (not fully) accurate. The paraiba is darker than depicted because I adjusted the tone, but the emerald really gives the paraiba a run for the money. I bought this paraiba probably around 20 years ago.

Incandescent light

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Reactions: T L

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Love that collection of hex rings, Sunguru!

Reactions: T L

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Rfisher that 2nd picture is so yummy!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s my new-to-me emerald dating from the 19th century:
7F06BF57-A262-46BF-BC5E-41E607583A0A.jpeg DB8CA55B-D014-4E4D-91E0-31AC578955F4.jpeg

@JPie

That’s a lovely ring. That emerald seems to be in great shape after all these years and looks to have good clarity too. The diamonds look great

I think your ring is a great example of how a smaller emerald can have great presence in a ring.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie

That’s a lovely ring. That emerald seems to be in great shape after all these years and looks to have good clarity too. The diamonds look great

I think your ring is a great example of how a smaller emerald can have great presence in a ring.

Thank you! There's definitely abrasions on the surface of the emerald, and the prongs have worn down to nothing in a couple of places. Luckily, every stone has six prongs, but it's definitely not for daily wear unless I get some restoration work done.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
View attachment 702120 F21C0F30-12F6-4CDB-A9E6-C6EBDE21E584.png 695AF8C0-F656-49C2-A458-B016AEF8687D.png 19B56385-0F91-4954-8B0B-EDFECEA8E549.png
AF743361-922E-4C53-BA44-E328FD64D74E.png
2063EAA4-9E28-4C9F-B968-8CBFAEC57BEA.jpeg
3FC18C44-7ABF-44BE-882F-F67F0212D1FB.jpeg
7C1596A7-3ED6-4BCC-8F65-04A55FF06726.png
A few pics of my emerald ring in mostly low light. Pics just never ever capture it. (And I’m not sure why these pics are so dull, but anyway...we know how to read between the lines in pictures, right? ) All this emerald love has me pulling her out lately and just appreciating her. Gratitude to all that contribute such consolidated knowledge here. What an asset and additional ‘facet’ that has been for me.

Since I’m not a person who buys many of any one stone or particular shade of (mostly blues! ) color, and my choices are always intuitive, I’m grateful that I got her so long ago because it is the emerald that I was lucky enough to get. Honestly, we all need to be grateful for these amazing gems because not everyone in this world who wants one will ever get one. That’s the truth about our earth’s resources right now. So I’m in love with all of the emeralds posted, with a spirit of reverence! Keep on loving!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz
I can tell from some of your pics how velvety and beautiful your emerald is. It’s so difficult to capture that 3D velvety depth of color in 2D photos, let alone getting the correct hue. Photo stills and videos just fail miserably with deep colored emeralds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B98C2BFF-0224-4A11-92CF-25C84C9B50F8.jpeg I FINALLY got them all set. My newest emerald ring is the dark stone on my forefinger. My “ugly” emerald is the top one on my ring finger as it’s the most included, and my best stone is under it on the same finger. Here’s the happy family finally all together in one shot!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@T L :love::love::love: your emerald collection!

I love the best one the best, the ballerina setting too. My second favorite is the one on top of your newest one you set, because even if the color of your newest one is better, I have a preference for lighter, not as chunky rings.

Have you ever thought of renting out your beauties? I'd pay to join that club. :twisted2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results