shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Bluegemz!! I love to wear it, but I am cautious when I do.
I understand! that is precisely how i feel about my wearing my emerald ring as well. I have to make an ongoing, conscious effort to be mindful all the time when it's on. Not only has a prong gotten caught and snapped off, but the brittleness of emerald in general scares me. I know women who have emerald engagement rings and I'm mystified how they have kept them in pristine condition, being worn 24/7!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I understand! that is precisely how i feel about my wearing my emerald ring as well. I have to make an ongoing, conscious effort to be mindful all the time when it's on. Not only has a prong gotten caught and snapped off, but the brittleness of emerald in general scares me. I know women who have emerald engagement rings and I'm mystified how they have kept them in pristine condition, being worn 24/7!
As beautiful as they are, I could not have an emerald engagement ring. I'll bet you were relieved that your emerald was still ok when your prong snapped off. My mother said one of her coworkers was wearing her emerald at work, bumped it on something and the emerald cracked in two! I don't know how women are able to keep their emerald engagement rings in pristine condition either. I wouldn't be able to do that.

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just got my first emerald last week and I am amazed and awed by it. I am now officially on an emerald kick! I bought it as a complement to my unheated trillion sapphire, and am trying to decide if I want to design a bypass type ring with diamond accents in white gold, or get smaller emerald rounds as accents to the sapphire...

File May 27, 3 24 41 AM.jpeg emerald.jpeg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow: that sure looks like a gorgeous, glowy, saturated emerald. I don't think you can wrong with any setting with a stone that lovely. :cheeky:

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
DSC_0835.JPG Hi, I'm a newbie here and I don't know much if it's worth showing. I've been a lurker on this forum for some time now. So here's my first piece of colored stone.
A Colombian emerald certified by a gem lab in Antwerp. I'm a purist so I love solitaire settings and all my cs rings are all solitaires. =)2

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSC_0835.JPG Hi, I'm a newbie here and I don't know much if it's worth showing. I've been a lurker on this forum for some time now. So here's my first piece of colored stone.
A Colombian emerald certified by a gem lab in Antwerp. I'm a purist so I love solitaire settings and all my cs rings are all solitaires. =)2
Congratulations on a lovely ring! And, a warm welcome to posting:). I think the emerald looks great on your skin, hand shape and finger length, and the size is great.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Awww thanks Bluegemz for your sweet compliments. I really love my Colombian emerald although the clarity isn't perfect. I bought it because the treatment is minor oil only.

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! Your ring is most definitely worth posting. The emerald is dreamy and glows, and the setting lets the stone take center stage. The whole effect is mesmerizing. May you wear the ring in health and happiness!

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, thank you for your compliment freezing_in_MO. I hope someday I can add two accent stones on both sides. More Colombian emeralds on my wish list.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring @mellowyellowgirl and you made me feel better about asking for an emerald post !
haha no worries! I have posted pics of this ring everywhere but didn't know about an emerald thread! I'll post a pic of my new beaded emerald necklace for you later! Need hubby to come home and take the pic!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
View attachment 611422 FBE1A36E-1D37-4F74-89A5-0A1A6148A763.jpeg I bought a small emerald pendant. I was planning on resetting it with diamonds all around, as in my ring. The quality and color of the emerald is a clear, deep blue green, but it doesn’t show in my pics. Emeralds don’t photograph well! Hopefully you all get the idea.

Last edited:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Colombian emerald ring in 18k, and platinum emerald
IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG
@Bluegemz I really love the proportion of emerald to diamond on your ring, could you pls share the size of the CS and diamond?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My emerald and diamond ring band. I bought the ring from a consignment shop and the band is an OGI from Solomon Bros. I also have an emerald bracelet that belonged to my grandmother, but I need to take photos of it.
Emerald top.jpg
Emerald side.jpg
Emerald small flash.jpg
Emerald big flash.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz I really love the proportion of emerald to diamond on your ring, could you pls share the size of the CS and diamond?
Thank you, Rubybrick! I’m sorry that I don’t know off hand...the paperwork with this one is not at home, and I bought it about 7-8 years ago. Actually, maybe even longer! Next time I have a chance, I’ll go and check.
I love your beautiful emerald ring too!

Last edited:

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My emerald and diamond ring band. I bought the ring from a consignment shop and the band is an OGI from Solomon Bros. I also have an emerald bracelet that belonged to my grandmother, but I need to take photos of it.
Emerald top.jpg
Emerald side.jpg
Emerald small flash.jpg
Emerald big flash.jpg

Wowza! That's a set I can sure get behind. I live emeralds. So many beauties in this thread!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Rubybrick! I’m sorry that I don’t know off hand...the paperwork with this one is not at home, and I bought it about 7-8 years ago. Actually, maybe even longer! Next time I have a chance, I’ll go and check.
I love your beautiful emerald ring too!
thank you! It is what turned me into big bezel fan. No worries or hurrying on to get the sizes. I am in an early planning stage of some blue Sapphire earrings, my oval center stones are going to be in the 5x7mm to 6x8mm depending on what we can find within my budget. I was initially wanting very small pave halos but I am liking the more antique/romantic look of slightly bigger diamonds.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! That's a set I can sure get behind. I live emeralds. So many beauties in this thread!
Thanks so much @woweezowee! I bought the two pieces at different times and was pleasantly surprised at how well they go together!

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and went through this whole thread of everyone's emeralds... they are so gorgeous.
I love colored gemstones and recently went to the Tucson Gem & Mineral show, my first gem show.
So now, I have fallen in love with emeralds again. The first emerald ring I purchased is a dark Colombian which I now realize I prefer the lighter green (live and learn) after looking at a ton of emeralds at the Tucson show.

Here are some photos I thought I would share. The first 2 photos are the three emeralds I was looking at. I thought for sure I would like the medium dark ones, but it seems my preference is for a lighter green emerald. The last 2 photos are the same larger emerald. I am amazed how different the same emerald looks in different lighting. All the emeralds are from the Muzo mine.

Emerald1.jpg
Emerald2.jpg
Emerald3.jpg
Emerald4.jpg

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and went through this whole thread of everyone's emeralds... they are so gorgeous.
I love colored gemstones and recently went to the Tucson Gem & Mineral show, my first gem show.
So now, I have fallen in love with emeralds again. The first emerald ring I purchased is a dark Colombian which I now realize I prefer the lighter green (live and learn) after looking at a ton of emeralds at the Tucson show.

Here are some photos I thought I would share. The first 2 photos are the three emeralds I was looking at. I thought for sure I would like the medium dark ones, but it seems my preference is for a lighter green emerald. The last 2 photos are the same larger emerald. I am amazed how different the same emerald looks in different lighting. All the emeralds are from the Muzo mine.

Emerald1.jpg
Emerald2.jpg
Emerald3.jpg
Emerald4.jpg
Gorgeous stone!!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colombian emerald ring in 18k, and platinum emerald and diamond bracelet. Emeralds are hard to capture with my phone camera!

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG
Outstanding pieces!!!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those Yvonne rings and pendant!

Here's mine, hopefully people aren't sick of it. ;-)

_575.jpeg
Gorgeous emerald and setting!!!

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Emerald4.jpg

Wow, that large emerald is to die for! I can see why you chose it -- absolutely stunning!

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Rubybrick - I LOVE your ring! Can you tell us more about it? The stones are gorgeous as is the setting :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results