shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your BGD knife edge classic solitaire!

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi guys,
I have been mulling over getting the BGD knife edge solitaire for months now. I have looked at all the photos online but I would love it if anyone has any more photos and opinions!!!
Photos from every angle very welcome, and what you think of the width, prongs, height, proportions etc etc etc
Thank you! :kiss2:

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I had my wife wearing it as a temporary setting while waiting for the construction of our custom ring to be completed.
My girl's ring size is 4.75. While there're specs for the shank width, height etc. on the BGD site which we can refer to, we think that the actual ring looks more delicate than in pictures. The shank looks slimmer on hand, even the gap on each prong and both sides of each prong were well polished.
Our stone is .93ct and is set low and secure enough to avoid durability risk. I only describe it "low enough" because everyone's definition of low setting can be different, and our original Ering is even lower, which you can see on my profile pic.
Hope this helps~
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Amazing!!!! Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was after! My finger and diamond size are very similar so this is very very helpful. Thank you!:mrgreen2:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had years ago BG knife edge in PT and here are the glamor photos of the ring (diamond is 1.7ct). I loved the setting. Hope it helps.
BrianGavin_Knife1_081610.jpg BrianGavin_Knife2_081610.jpg BrianGavin_Knife3_081610.jpg BrianGavin_Knife4_081610.jpg
And hand shots....

IMG_4416.jpg IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love:So beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing your photos!!!

Reactions: Roi

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
*bomp*

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know if this is a knife edge? :confused: the ring is from BGD belongs to my daughter.
IMG_0187.JPG IMG_0189.JPG

kbonita4

Rough_Rock
I have the BGD knife edge. I got it around this time last year. I will say, I think they modified it over the years. It was slightly thicker. You've probably seen it but measurements below. It looks delicate but still a good width. The ring is extremely comfortable, if comfort is any concern. It also sits pretty high so the diamond will really pop. I will snap more pics when I get the chance. Knife edge.jpg
Measurements
question_mark.png

Top Width 2.4 mm Bottom Width 1.85 mm
Top Height 2.75 mm Bottom Height 1.6 mm

Last edited:

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@kstaton4 thank you so much, looks beautiful, and yes please, more pics and stats would be great!!! :appl:
I’m so glad you’ve mentioned that about the setting changing, because it also seemed to me that the photos of the setting online can look slightly different. This confirms its not just me going mad:shifty:

kbonita4

Rough_Rock
@kstaton4 thank you so much, looks beautiful, and yes please, more pics and stats would be great!!! :appl:
I’m so glad you’ve mentioned that about the setting changing, because it also seemed to me that the photos of the setting online can look slightly different. This confirms its not just me going mad:shifty:

You're very welcome! The thinner band is the BGD Legera. The stone is a BGD 1.7 carat H VS1 with medium blue florescence. I absolutely love it!!!

I strongly recommend the knife edge.

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @kstaton4 I love your set especially as worn in the third pic! Your diamond looks like it is set a bit higher than say Roi’s which is the same carat weight in the photos above on this thread, did you ask BGD to set to higher or is it the stock setting?

kbonita4

Rough_Rock
No problem!! @ratatat It noticed that the engraving on Roi's ring says 2004. I think that knife edge was the older setting with different measurements. Old measurements below...pulled from the blog...link also below.
  1. The width of the shank is 2.1mm at the bottom and 2.6mm at the top.
  2. The shank is 1.5mm thick at the bottom and 3mm thick at the top.
https://blog.brianthecutter.com/200...e-knife-edge-solitaire-setting-is-a-big-hit…/

The current knife edge sits 2.75 mm high and that is stock, no modifications. It's high but not obnoxious and doesn't really get in the way. I had the Legera pave setting but I hated how low it sat. It was only 1.8 mm high. BGD will work with you to customize the ring however you want it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results