shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your backsplash...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
steelgraysample2.jpg Missy, the steel gray is actually the most economical! About $400 less. Here is another picture. Again it's a little darker than this in real life, but you can see the pattern. My main concern, is I like warmth in a kitchen. I would have to balance this with something to make the overall kitchen feel warm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
new faucet in.

fauce.jpg sink2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new faucet in.

fauce.jpg sink2.jpg

Love your new faucet and you know how much I love your granite. Gorgeous. :love:
And the space is so nice and bright and sunny

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet! Looks great!! By chance is that the Moen touchless one?

Thank you ILS! no, I'm not sure what faucet it is (sorry).. I suggested a touchless to my decorator and she said no, they break.. so we were okay with that. I wish I had the decorating sense you and @missy have.. it's wonderful to see both projects come alive.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
steelgraysample2.jpg Missy, the steel gray is actually the most economical! About $400 less. Here is another picture. Again it's a little darker than this in real life, but you can see the pattern. My main concern, is I like warmth in a kitchen. I would have to balance this with something to make the overall kitchen feel warm.
I like the steel gray as well. However, if you're worried about keeping the lightness/warmth, then I'd probably vote for the Hawaii. I like that it has splotches of the cabinet color within it. That being said, because you have so many colors already within the kitchen the business of the granite might be too much... which therefore goes back to doing a more solid color like the steel gray!

Maybe a lighter gray?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ILS! no, I'm not sure what faucet it is (sorry).. I suggested a touchless to my decorator and she said no, they break.. so we were okay with that. I wish I had the decorating sense you and @missy have.. it's wonderful to see both projects come alive.

Aww thank you for your lovely compliment. And you do have a wonderful sense of style @Tekate
And I ageee with your decorator about the touchless faucets breaking more often. The more complicated something is the more likely it will break.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks! So sweet of you to say that. But decorating sense doesn't come easy to me... it's a lot (LOT) of angst and uncertainty followed eventually by resolve in a decision :lol:! I will say that I'm generally pleased with what I design, but if it could happen easier I'd be much happier with that :D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw @missy thank you ! as usual you are the kindest as always, I thank you so much because my mom always said "if you can't say anything nice - don't say anything at all" so I tend to do that, I never comment on rosecut diamonds, I just don't get them, probably will someday :)

2uge4p4.gif

Love your new faucet and you know how much I love your granite. Gorgeous. :love:
And the space is so nice and bright and sunny

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw @missy thank you ! as usual you are the kindest as always, I thank you so much because my mom always said "if you can't say anything nice - don't say anything at all" so I tend to do that, I never comment on rosecut diamonds, I just don't get them, probably will someday :)

2uge4p4.gif

Haha yes I subscribe to that same school of thought. If I don’t like something I won’t comment. I am only sincere in my comments. I mean what I say. :sun:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just spent three hours at the tile store trying to choose a backsplash and OMG the options. I had NO idea what I was in store for and nearly lost my mind. Stone? Glass? Metallic? Reflective? Rectangle? Mosaic? Smooth? Textured? Complimenting color? Contrasting? Aaahhhhhh :eek2: I must have pulled at least thirty different samples and tried them with cabinets and stand-in granite samples (since I don’t have one of my own). It really made me wish I could design more than one kitchen... so many fun options and tons of ideas. Hard to narrow down to THE one.

But I think I’ve decided. Our kitchen is large enough that I don’t need the beverage center to feel like an extension of it so I don’t mind doing a different cabinet color in there. So it’ll be black cabinets (to match the island as well as the majority of the furniture in our house), the same Delicatus White granite, and crackled glazed off-white arabesque tiles with gray grout. I went in thinking I’d be choosing mother-of-pearl but they didn’t have any gray/black MOP and everything else I looked at that was shiny looked too modern. But the glaze on these arabesque tiles really pick up the light nicely and I think it will be enough.

38ECB38B-14DD-4CDA-8E6A-F82B9DC7F5B5.jpeg

I know opinions vary on matching to the kitchen, not showing grout lines, etc and I’m really hoping this comes together in a way that we like, as well as will appeal to a future buyer.

Oh, a funny thing... after the tile place I stopped by the granite place to just verify I still loved it (I do) and that it went well with the backsplash. As I was leaving I asked if they had any samples of the granite I could take with me and they didn’t, but the guy said “hang on”, grabbed a hammer, and hacked off a piece for me :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny oooooh that is gorgeous!!!! made me think what color grout I'm getting, I never mentioned it.. too bad I diidn't have @missy and you in my neighborhood.

I love all your choices and I love love love the tile, it's soooo cool, the grout will be awesome. Great choices.. happy for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just spent three hours at the tile store trying to choose a backsplash and OMG the options. I had NO idea what I was in store for and nearly lost my mind. Stone? Glass? Metallic? Reflective? Rectangle? Mosaic? Smooth? Textured? Complimenting color? Contrasting? Aaahhhhhh :eek2: I must have pulled at least thirty different samples and tried them with cabinets and stand-in granite samples (since I don’t have one of my own). It really made me wish I could design more than one kitchen... so many fun options and tons of ideas. Hard to narrow down to THE one.

But I think I’ve decided. Our kitchen is large enough that I don’t need the beverage center to feel like an extension of it so I don’t mind doing a different cabinet color in there. So it’ll be black cabinets (to match the island as well as the majority of the furniture in our house), the same Delicatus White granite, and crackled glazed off-white arabesque tiles with gray grout. I went in thinking I’d be choosing mother-of-pearl but they didn’t have any gray/black MOP and everything else I looked at that was shiny looked too modern. But the glaze on these arabesque tiles really pick up the light nicely and I think it will be enough.

I know opinions vary on matching to the kitchen, not showing grout lines, etc and I’m really hoping this comes together in a way that we like, as well as will appeal to a future buyer.

Oh, a funny thing... after the tile place I stopped by the granite place to just verify I still loved it (I do) and that it went well with the backsplash. As I was leaving I asked if they had any samples of the granite I could take with me and they didn’t, but the guy said “hang on”, grabbed a hammer, and hacked off a piece for me :lol:

YAY!!! And congratulations! Yes these are mind bending/spinning/dizzying choices lol and the reason I started the thread. Backsplash choices galore:lol:

Love what you chose. The glazed off-white arabesque tiles are going to go wonderfully with your choice of granite and cabinets.:appl: And woohoo for the guy just chopping some granite off for you. Yes that's the way to do it.:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny oooooh that is gorgeous!!!! made me think what color grout I'm getting, I never mentioned it.. too bad I diidn't have @missy and you in my neighborhood.

I love all your choices and I love love love the tile, it's soooo cool, the grout will be awesome. Great choices.. happy for you!

Aww yes I wish we could have all gone shopping together. That would have been so much fun and very helpful indeed!:appl:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww, thanks Tekate! I really needed some excitement around my choices! My design center consultant is very anti-different BC choices and DH isn't here to give his vote of confidence (traveling for business), so I was left trying to pump myself up :lol:

I'm hoping the grout will look something like this:

lantern tile.jpg

What are you doing for your grout?

YAY!!! And congratulations! Yes these are mind bending/spinning/dizzying choices lol and the reason I started the thread. Backsplash choices galore:lol:

Love what you chose. The glazed off-white arabesque tiles are going to go wonderfully with your choice of granite and cabinets.:appl: And woohoo for the guy just chopping some granite off for you. Yes that's the way to do it.:bigsmile:

Mind-spinning indeed. So glad there's this thread to discuss all of this with you guys!!

When are you going to your beach house to see the finished masterpiece in person??

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I think the grout will be the same color as yours or close to it ILS! I really love your tile..it's classic and it's stunning!!!!

I like mine too and would have considered it but since the space was so small that I felt good old subway tile would work best. :)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I think the grout will be the same color as yours or close to it ILS! I really love your tile..it's classic and it's stunning!!!!

I like mine too and would have considered it but since the space was so small that I felt good old subway tile would work best. :)
Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for! I feel safer taking this chance with a smaller space. If I mess it up, at least it won't cost as much to fix it :lol-2:

Subway tile is a classic and never dates a kitchen. Super smart choice for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for! I feel safer taking this chance with a smaller space. If I mess it up, at least it won't cost as much to fix it :lol-2:

Subway tile is a classic and never dates a kitchen. Super smart choice for you!

You both picked perfect choices for you and your spaces.:love:

Mind-spinning indeed. So glad there's this thread to discuss all of this with you guys!!

When are you going to your beach house to see the finished masterpiece in person??

My dh is heading there Saturday AM to survey everything one last time before he meets with the GC next week and finishes up with him. I cannot wait to be done with the GC and his not nice very passive aggressive wife.:appl:

I am not sure when I will be seeing it...I will probably not be going there until everything in the kitchen is put away and the entire house cleaned from all the renovating dust/dirt etc. My dh is insisting on it so who am I to argue? :kiss:
He really is a darling husband.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Love the glazed crackle tile. The crackle will add interest without chaos. Will look great with that granite.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the glazed crackle tile. The crackle will add interest without chaos. Will look great with that granite.
Thanks Rocks! As usual, you nailed what I liked about it but couldn't quite put in to words. Interest without chaos... that's what I was having a hard time finding with all of the other shiny choices and this lantern tile just seemed to "fit". I was able to find a promo photo of it just now to show you guys what the crackle looks like in person (sorry it's so huge). The crackle is very subtle but, as you said, it will really tie it in to the striations of the granite. This is also more representative of what the color is like (very creamy white).

FDXMLCWH-5.jpg

I can't wait to hear what my consultant says when she gets my list of changes :lol::saint::mrgreen:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the tile. Sorry if I missed it upstream, but Tekate what granite are you using?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I like the tile, the crackle is subtle enough and works. I also like that you're pulling color out of the granite to match up with the grout. IMO the BC or as I call it "the drank room:lol-2:" dosen't really need to match the kitchen because as you said, its big enough on its own. I can't lie, I would hesitate with white bottom cabinets in there anyway (wine spills, juice spills, you name it) The installer will need to take a little extra care because of the crackle finish. They're usually not BAD but they have to be cleaned meticulously after the grout is floated and before it hardens.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy how are the choices going? I noticed maybe a new color in the kitchen?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Arcadian yours is gorgeous! mine could be the same since I have no idea what brand she bought (decorator)... I have no garbage disposal, but I miss it very much :( we have a septic tank and no disposal on that per my husband and father! :)

@Tekate Love the faucet. I have the Kohler equivalent of that.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/Beller...aucets/428752.htm?skuId=412711&brandId=432474

The actual install took about an hour. But I had it sitting around for about a year! The faucet prior was an Ikea faucet (came with the sink) Hated that faucet to be honest.

this is the sink. Hate that I can't put a garbage disposal on it though.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50273111/

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I got it mainly because it fit that big sink of mine and, cleaning is a breeze. Sprayer is really strong too, something that I missed having with that weak @ss Ikea one. Lesson learned; don't buy ikea faucets!

Here's a picture on the sink itself.
20180323_132252.jpg

I love the sink even though I can't use a GD on it because its porcelain, hate the top part of it (always gets so dirty being by the window and such a pain in the butt to clean!!) but it is truely massive and deep enough to handle big pots.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I got it mainly because it fit that big sink of mine and, cleaning is a breeze. Sprayer is really strong too, something that I missed having with that weak @ss Ikea one. Lesson learned; don't buy ikea faucets!

You know Ikea can really rock though with many things and it is so cost effective. But yes I guess they are a no for faucets and perhaps fine appliances too. Though I love my Ikea beach furniture for the bedroom. Haha we furnished the whole house right away with Ikea stuff when we first moved in and are slowly replacing it with better furniture but I have to say Ikea has its place.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results