shape
carat
color
clarity

Please say some prayers for Fiona

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you wanted upbeat post of pets, I had to resort to YouTube. We lost our last dog, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, many, many years ago. No cute pics to post.

So here's something to hopefully bring some grins or giggles, it certainly did me.

I watched this a little more than halfway through and enjoyed it, but Hero barked too much for me to watch anymore. He is a fabulous watch dog (unlike Griffin) and was convinced that many dogs were ready to attack our house the entire time I played the video. ;))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in with you today Stephanie! I know the days right after are always the hardest :( but the good memories will outpace the hurt soon!

A moonstone would be a beautiful in a June celebration piece ::)the colour play is beautifully ethereal... which seems very appropriate, somehow.

@Fly Girl 's pendant is one of the first pieces I think of when I think of rainbow moonstone:

sea-of-cortez-with-moonstone1000-jpg.294239

moonstone-pendant-with-pearl-jpg.294238

And I recall @chrono and @theredspinel have gorgeous stones as well :kiss2:

aug11rmoonstone-gif.294092

20170801_080944-png.505544

screenshot_20170802-115353-png.505719

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, thanks for checking in I am okay but sleeping a lot, another rainy day here.

Thank you for sharing those stones, they are gorgeous, I've already heard from Sally (HOW) and we are in talks about creating a necklace to honor Fiona, she is excited about this project so I can't wait to see what her magic hands create!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I am so sorry & upset to hear about your lovely dog. It made my eyes prickle just thinking about what you must have gone through. Sending you lots of healing hugs & also apologies for my delay, as we are currently away & my internet is sporadic. I hope you take great comfort in the life you gave to Fiona & the memories you have.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn , how are you today?
How is the DH/kids? You guys lost 2 pets this year, it must be so hard.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An update for today, it is raining and I swear it's like the weather is a direct reflection of how I feel. DH asks what he can do and I tell him I just want my dog back, not fair of me I know.

The kids are doing remarkably well, the eleven year old is especially sensitive but seems to be doing well. Here is another interesting twist, they leave to go on vacation with DH, MIL and SIL Wednesday, I never planned on going and it looks like a good thing. So I will have five days to myself where I won't have to cook or clean or take care of anyone but me and the animals.

I told him to watch out because he may come home to a Sheltie puppy, only kidding but he said he wouldn't care :twisted2:

Thanks to everyone who continues to read or check-in, it means a lot to me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came across this picture of her going through my phone, one of my favorites and ironically taken a year ago tomorrow.

IMG_2455.PNG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
An update for today, it is raining and I swear it's like the weather is a direct reflection of how I feel. DH asks what he can do and I tell him I just want my dog back, not fair of me I know.

The kids are doing remarkably well, the eleven year old is especially sensitive but seems to be doing well. Here is another interesting twist, they leave to go on vacation with DH, MIL and SIL Wednesday, I never planned on going and it looks like a good thing. So I will have five days to myself where I won't have to cook or clean or take care of anyone but me and the animals.

I told him to watch out because he may come home to a Sheltie puppy, only kidding but he said he wouldn't care :twisted2:

Thanks to everyone who continues to read or check-in, it means a lot to me.
:appl:
biggyhug.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how about something like this?
2018-08-13 1890s Diamond and Aquamarine.png
swap out the diamonds for moonstones. (I like the pearls, they're quite pretty) This is an antique necklace / broach but something similar could be made without issue.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a pretty necklace @Arcadian, I rather like that design. See I would maybe keep the diamonds and put one faceted moonstone in the middle, after seeing some examples of the faceted moonstones I'm really up in the air about whether I want one or a cab :confused:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came across this picture of her going through my phone, one of my favorites and ironically taken a year ago tomorrow.

IMG_2455.PNG
Wow, what a gorgeous girl she was.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry @StephanieLynn. She looks like she was a sweet beautiful girl..I lost my sweet Gordie many years ago and it still hurts. My almost ten year old Bailey was rescued from the carcass of a cow in Missouri with his litter. I adopted him full of mange and no hair at three months old. They give us so much joy..I’m sure she had the best doggie life with you.
F6F7D1E4-0980-4561-85BC-E5E7ECCEF1C6.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I was thinking about one of my favorite dog quotes:

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
-Groucho Marx

When we got Fiona DH was concerned about her age, she was seven when we got her, he was concerned about her life expectancy. Despite the fact that she only lived three years after that she was still very special to me. She had already missed the major household milestones (birth of children, marriage, new house) but she saw me through the dark years. The year I had a falling out with my best friend of twenty years and never heard from her again, the year my marriage almost didn't make it and the year that I became a stronger person after all of that and started my own business. So she actually was there for milestones maybe after all just not the ones apparent to everyone else.

I just hope I didn't miss signs that she was sick years ago because I was distracted, guilt is a terrible thing, hindsight and all that. Did I pay enough attention? Was she in pain and I didn't know?

DH is constantly asking what he can do, is there anything I want and it's always the same.

I just want my dog back

It's not meant to be a manipulation or guilt tactic, that's my truth.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry @StephanieLynn. She looks like she was a sweet beautiful girl..I lost my sweet Gordie many years ago and it still hurts. My almost ten year old Bailey was rescued from the carcass of a cow in Missouri with his litter. I adopted him full of mange and no hair at three months old. They give us so much joy..I’m sure she had the best doggie life with you.
F6F7D1E4-0980-4561-85BC-E5E7ECCEF1C6.jpeg
:appl: Impressive outcome! :))

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
-Groucho Marx

:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This morning I was thinking about one of my favorite dog quotes:

-Groucho Marx

When we got Fiona DH was concerned about her age, she was seven when we got her, he was concerned about her life expectancy. Despite the fact that she only lived three years after that she was still very special to me. She had already missed the major household milestones (birth of children, marriage, new house) but she saw me through the dark years. The year I had a falling out with my best friend of twenty years and never heard from her again, the year my marriage almost didn't make it and the year that I became a stronger person after all of that and started my own business. So she actually was there for milestones maybe after all just not the ones apparent to everyone else.

I just hope I didn't miss signs that she was sick years ago because I was distracted, guilt is a terrible thing, hindsight and all that. Did I pay enough attention? Was she in pain and I didn't know?

DH is constantly asking what he can do, is there anything I want and it's always the same.

I just want my dog back

It's not meant to be a manipulation or guilt tactic, that's my truth.
It will take a long time for you to have memories of Fiona and not have the stabbing loss of her being gone. It will get easier though..It will still hurt but not where it’s too painful to go about the daily things. My family said it took me two years to not ball every time I saw a golden retriever that looked like him. It’s not that I cried constantly in those two years..It’s just that the pain was raw and I needed to get a scab. At two years I started driving around for a rescue puppy. That’s when I found my Bailey Bean and he saved me.. I had a magnet on the back of my car that said, “My rescue rescued me! ❤️“. In time or sooner maybe you’ll want to find another dog that you can love. There’s one waiting for his or her momma..❤️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean, I'm so glad you found comfort in your new puppy, you are lucky to have each other!

We do have three other dogs, a cat, a bunny and two birds so still lots to keep me company and busy. You know, it's just so hard losing a dog, like someone just ripped your heart out and stomped on it in front of you. Maybe we will get another sheltie someday, I'd like to think so.

Goldens have such a sweet disposition, they are beautiful dogs, I hope you have many happy healthy years together.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s a hole in your heart that Fiona once occupied. It’s going to take time to get used to her absence. No, I don’t believe you missed any signs of her suffering sooner. These are all of the “what
If’s” we torture ourselves with. When your mind starts going there, think instead of happy times with her. Grief takes time, I wish you well.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Bonfire

I don't know if I ever told you but I love your avatar, Cavaliers are such wonderful dogs, there is a woman in town that has one as a therapy dog and she is the sweetest thing :kiss2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Bonfire

I don't know if I ever told you but I love your avatar, Cavaliers are such wonderful dogs, there is a woman in town that has one as a therapy dog and she is the sweetest thing :kiss2:
Thank you Stephanelynn. They make lovely therapy dogs! Cavaliers LOVE everyone and everything!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean, I'm so glad you found comfort in your new puppy, you are lucky to have each other!

We do have three other dogs, a cat, a bunny and two birds so still lots to keep me company and busy. You know, it's just so hard losing a dog, like someone just ripped your heart out and stomped on it in front of you. Maybe we will get another sheltie someday, I'd like to think
Goldens have such a sweet disposition, they are beautiful dogs, I hope you have many happy healthy years together.

Thank you Stephanielynn..I lost my Golden. He was very sweet..Bailey is a lab mix..part yellow lab, German Shepard and who knows what else...hence the wonky ears...:kiss2:
I’m happy you have other animals. They will definitely keep you busy..

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, how are you doing?
I know you have lots of other pets to keep you busy, but I know you are still grieving.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Stracci, I am actually okay. DH and both kids were gone for five days and it was nice to essentially do whatever without having to worry about anyone else. Put a lot of things in my store, that uninterrupted time was great for getting lots of work done.

The vet bill came yesterday to the tune of $2,000, we put it on the Care Credit card to buy us a year. Told DH I want that bill gone ASAP, every time I pay it it will be another reminder. I've never put so much money forth and ended up not being able to save a pet. We are having a tag sale here in a couple of weeks to hopefully raise some money and put a dent in that bill. My eleven year old wants the proceeds of what he sells to go to an animal shelter :kiss2:

At least the kids have taken it really well, that makes it even harder when they struggle you know?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Stracci, I am actually okay. DH and both kids were gone for five days and it was nice to essentially do whatever without having to worry about anyone else. Put a lot of things in my store, that uninterrupted time was great for getting lots of work done.

The vet bill came yesterday to the tune of $2,000, we put it on the Care Credit card to buy us a year. Told DH I want that bill gone ASAP, every time I pay it it will be another reminder. I've never put so much money forth and ended up not being able to save a pet. We are having a tag sale here in a couple of weeks to hopefully raise some money and put a dent in that bill. My eleven year old wants the proceeds of what he sells to go to an animal shelter :kiss2:

At least the kids have taken it really well, that makes it even harder when they struggle you know?
That’s a comfort that they are taking it well..You know you did everything to try to save her..She was loved and a dog can’t get better than that..actually not even us. :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean, it does make it easier in a sense when the kids aren't a mess about it. It's funny because my son took putting the cat down earlier this year worse than the dog. Maybe he felt more of a connection or perhaps it is getting easier for him to accept since he's gone through this a few times already.

I really appreciate you guys checking in and checking up on me. Next on the horizon is my Fiona necklace, Bron was generous enough to offer me a heart shaped moonstone and some awesome tanzanite to go around it. Once it gets here I can send it to Sally, can't wait!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn, It’s going to take time to feel better. You loved Fiona. Your comment about her helping you thru the dark years makes me think she was truly meant to be with you. You and Fiona had a special connection.

You are lucky to have small children. They force us to live in the moment and they sure keep you busy. Your children will help heal your heart. Be kind to yourself Stephanie. Fiona was loved and well taken care of. That’s what we want for all our pets and she had that with you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results