shape
carat
color
clarity

Please say some prayers for Fiona

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may have seen pictures I've shared of our Shetland Sheepdog, Fiona. She is in a bad place health-wise at the moment and I'm holding it together IRL but inside I'm a mess.

It started this weekend, she was having trouble getting up, she is ten so we thought that maybe her joints were bothering her. Sunday it became obvious there was a serious problem, she tried to stand up and fell to the ground. Monday I brought her in and they find she is dehydrated and do a full blood panel and x-rays. Her kidney values are very high and on X-ray there is an area of concern above her kidneys, they don't know what it is (possibly inflammation) but she has a severe UTI so they send me home with a strong antibiotic and appetite stimulant after giving her some fluids.

Yesterday she is not eating or drinking, I spoon fed her some really good canned food in gravy (a dog's delight IMO) and was giving her water through a syringe regularly all day. She was still lethargic today, not eating and I had to carry her outside to pee. Brought her in today and they are keeping her until Sunday on IV fluids and doing an ultrasound for that questionable area they imaged.

She is in bad shape, there is no life in her eyes and she is obviously in a lot of pain. So if you could keep Fiona in your thoughts we would both be super thankful. I will update as we get news.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Stephanie I'm so sorry to read this ;(

I will be thinking of Fiona and her owners tonight :(sad The pain is the worst part - you know your darling doesn't understand it, and you can't explain it, and you'd do nearly anything to make it all go away. Big ::HUGS:: from someone else who's been there.

I hope they're able to identify the problem quickly and she's back to bright-eyed and busy-tailed very soon!! And in the meantime - you're doing your best, take care of yourself.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Keeping you and Fiona in prayer!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, hon, I will keep everyone in my prayers.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed that the vet's are able to diagnose quickly and get Fiona on the road to recovery. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear Fiona's not well. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm keeping her and you/your family in my thoughts. I hope the antibiotics resolve the UTI and kidney issues.
Hoping Fiona is back to her old self real soon.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers for you all. (and hugs)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry. Poor Fiona. Take care.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Stephanie, I hope the vet can figure things out quickly and Fiona is feeling better soon, sending hugs and love.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, so sorry to hear Fiona isn't doing well. I hope the vet contacts you soon with good news. Sending health and healing vibes to Fiona and strength to you and your family. Having an ailing pet is tough.

((((( Fiona and family )))))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed that Fiona is back to good health soon. Hugs to you.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Por Fiona, prayers that she feels better Soon!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending prayers.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for Fiona and your family.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Praying for sweet Fiona! I’m so sorry she’s hurting and hope that the vet can figure out what’s wrong a treat her!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I am so sorry that Fiona is sick. :cry2:
And I know you recently suffered through sad times with dear little Murphy, too.
I will be thinking of you all and hoping for the best outcome. (((hugs))))

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending you hope and prayers for your sweet doggie to get well soon. It's so hard to see our loved ones in pain and they don't understand what's happening to them.
I'm hopeful that things turn around for you and Fiona. Hugs

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving prayers outgoing for your beloved Fiona. Hugs!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending all the dust, good wishes and hope for Fiona to be back to her usual waggy bushy-tailed self asap. Sniffs and licks from my boys too

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending healing hugs to Fiona and her family at this awful time. Hopefully she can be treated quickly and bounce back to her happy self.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @StephanieLynn it’s so awful to see our furries struggling. Keeping everything crossed Fiona rallies and get back to health.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @StephanieLynn. Keeping good thoughts for your sweet Fiona. Keeping her in my prayers and hoping she makes a complete recovery. Gentle (((hugs))) to her and you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers outgoing for Fiona and your family. It is so hard when the furbabies are sick.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Stephanie. I’m sending support and hope to you and your family that Fiona will show improvement and start to feel better very soon. (((Hugs)))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2: So sorry to hear about Fiona! Our pets are our babies, a part of us. And its so sad when one of them falls ill. Much prayers and healind dust from me and Lucky.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope she is feeling better soon!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts.

A quick update, I called to check on her and they said she is scheduled for her ultrasound this afternoon. So hopefully we will have some results tonight. Not going to lie I keep thinking cancer but maybe that's just me preparing for the worst.

Will update once we hear back.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results