shape
carat
color
clarity

Please say some prayers for Fiona

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry, StephanieLynn. I did not go down to be with Griffin when he was euthanized a year ago. I had gotten a call at 5 AM and I didn't want to prolong his suffering. He had been at the hospital for a couple of days and the vet was calling to ask if they could do more surgery (no). Not being with him when it was done, although I know they used the two part process wherein he was made to go to sleep before he was euthanized, has always left me feeling bad. I am so glad you were with Fiona. She knew how much she was loved.

Big hugs to you.

Deb

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no. Stephanie, I am just so very sorry and my heart is heavy for you and your family. You gave Fiona a wonderful life and you did all you could. Zoe and I are sending lots of love and hugs to you. <3
3D1ADBAA-F55F-48B6-B0B1-AFD0BD8C1E15.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. Your post brought tears to my eyes :cry2::cry2::cry2:. You are a wonderful dog mom, and Fiona knew she was loved. She's definitely running around on the other side of the rainbow bridge. I wish our pets lived much longer :(

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry StephanieLyn. I’m wiping away tears here for you and Fiona. You loved her so much and thankfully were able to be there and comfort her in her last moments. (((Hugs))) to you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my Boo Boo saying "Hi" and sending hugs to you and your family. Fiona sounds like she was a wonderful companion and you gave her a happy life.
Wishing you peace and comfort in the coming days.

boo boo.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing all these wonderful furbaby pictures and reading all your posts. @foxinsox, your post really got to me, that little cartoon is so touching.

Today is a struggle, I'm keeping it together on the outside (mostly for the kids) but I miss my girl. She was born in June so I'm thinking of a rainbow moonstone to remember her, moonstone because it's an alternative to pearl and rainbow since she's over the rainbow bridge. Something happier to think about you know?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh no. I am very sorry for your loss. Miss Fiona was greatly loved.

kind regards--Sharon

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Stephanie I am so sorry.

Bogo and I feel for you and your family today.

0108160952.jpg

Attachments

• 0108160952.jpg
    0108160952.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 19

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Fiona. She was loved and cherished and you gave her the best life. And she returned that to you and continues to do so as she dances happy across the rainbow bridge.

Here's my diva CG sending love.
IMG_1312.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Condolences on your loss and extra hugs to you StephanieLynn. I flipped on the bedroom light a few months ago and found Taji looking as though he were demon possessed.

mannequin.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn its never long enough, but they know when they're loved and your baby knows you've done all that you could but, yuo weren't going to let her suffer. Sometimes its better too early than too late. You were both lucky to have each other.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steph, I've been thinking about you and Fiona all day.
I hope you can feel all the loving vibes we are sending your way.
Here is a photo of my angel Phrix, who left us in March.
I miss him so much.
IMG_20170522_183426156_HDR.jpg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for your loss @StephanieLynn , your news has made me cry :cry2: And the little cartoon/meme pictures.
I have guilt for not being there when my Tiger was pts a few years ago, and I was on holiday when my partner had to make the decision with my cat Daisy.

45424_420434303434_6586422_n.jpg

1545840_10151873432563435_1489706585_n.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We lost our beloved Yorkie Chloe when she was 17. She had been here with the kids growing up and was such a part of our family. The kids were grown and married by the time we lost her so it was just DH and I with a true empty nest. Within a couple of months, we were looking for another. We did not do that after losing our first poodle Tasha but in the end I think we wasted time in not getting another. We didn't want to go through that pain again. Tessa arrived full of spunk and fun and it really did help mend our hearts. She is not the same dog nor did we expect her to be but we love her so much too. I think in some ways it was a great testament to the love we had for Chloe that we wanted something else to love and cherish again. Either way, what is right for you is right for you. Sometimes the next steps forward can be difficult as well so just thought I'd share this with you. Thank goodness our hearts are able to love again - sometimes different - but certainly able to love again.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your loss, it sounds like she had a wonderful doggie life. It's the hardest thing about bringing a pet into your life to me, knowing our time with them is so short.

A few years ago I brought my dog to work and she proceeded to poo in the conference room before a big client meeting. We were out to lunch when it happened so the boss had to stall with the client while I cleaned up the room. I was MORTIFIED. Mind you, she'd never had an accident before so she picked a GREAT time to do this.

Here she is with muddy boots on after a day at the dog park. Wishing you much peace.

10985487_109139052760838_6856911751387166101_n.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you wanted upbeat post of pets, I had to resort to YouTube. We lost our last dog, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, many, many years ago. No cute pics to post.

So here's something to hopefully bring some grins or giggles, it certainly did me.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since you wanted upbeat post of pets, I had to resort to YouTube. We lost our last dog, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, many, many years ago. No cute pics to post.

So here's something to hopefully bring some grins or giggles, it certainly did me.
That’s awesome and certainly made me lol!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so sorry. Tears are coming down as I write, so will be brief.
You gave your baby the best life possible. These fur babies give us so much joy, and when they go, it is heartbreaking. Fiona is not in pain, and is running around in heaven.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, @StephanieLynn.

Our last doggo, Sunny, started having back problems years ago and struggled to make it up and down the stairs to go outside. Our vet said we should just put her down since she was getting pretty old anyways. :angryfire: I was like, yeeeah no, let's see what else we can do for her. After a little research, I ended up building her a porch potty. She stayed with us for another 2 years before passing away this March.

Here's a pic of Sunny when she saw her new porch potty for the first time. I tried to get her off of it so the sod would have a chance to take root but she wasn't having any of that.

20170127_070821.jpg

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a rainy and sad day here but these pictures and stories are so wonderful. My heart goes out to those that weren't able to be with their pets when they passed. DH has always handled this part (which is by far the hardest part of owning a pet) but for my Fifi girl I knew it had to be me, that dog was MY dog. When I went to see her at the breeder she even said that she had picked me as her person. Luck was with me that day, she was a wonderful dog.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a rainy and sad day here but these pictures and stories are so wonderful. My heart goes out to those that weren't able to be with their pets when they passed. DH has always handled this part (which is by far the hardest part of owning a pet) but for my Fifi girl I knew it had to be me, that dog was MY dog. When I went to see her at the breeder she even said that she had picked me as her person. Luck was with me that day, she was a wonderful dog.
My heart aches for you. I know what you mean about being with your fur baby when they pass. Several years ago when it was time to say goodbye to our 14 year old German Shorthair Pointer, I chose a day when hubby was on a trip. I knew it would crush him. The Vet and his tech came to our home in a traveling van. She hated going to the Vet and I didn’t want that to be her last experience. The Vet and his tech explained everything in calm detail, what she would experience and promised me she would feel no pain. I held her in my arms as he administered the first shot to calm and sedate her and then the second. My sweet girl was relaxed in my arms as she passed. I knew I did everything to help ease her on her final journey. As hard as it is on us, all they want is for us to be with them. I’m glad her last moments in life were in my loving arms. I’m so glad you were with Fiona. Peace for you and your family StephanieLynn. Fiona will always live in your hearts, remember her at her happiest!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I'd share a funny story from yesterday.

Had an appointment for a bunch of blood tests (for my swelling problem) and had to get to the post office first. I'm kind of in a daze and was standing there and the woman behind me asks if I'm in line, I tell her yes. She asks if I have a pen but then decides she needs a Sharpie instead, I'm looking at her and she is dressed to the nines, fire engine red dress with lipstick to match. She looked very familiar so I finally told her she looked so familiar like I knew her from somewhere (I'm thinking teacher or something like that). Her response was:

I'm Susan Bysiewicz

She is our former Secretary of State (1999-2011). :-o

I managed to pull myself together enough to tell her it was so nice to meet her. A bit embarrassing though!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, @StephanieLynn.

Our last doggo, Sunny, started having back problems years ago and struggled to make it up and down the stairs to go outside. Our vet said we should just put her down since she was getting pretty old anyways. :angryfire: I was like, yeeeah no, let's see what else we can do for her. After a little research, I ended up building her a porch potty. She stayed with us for another 2 years before passing away this March.

Here's a pic of Sunny when she saw her new porch potty for the first time. I tried to get her off of it so the sod would have a chance to take root but she wasn't having any of that.

20170127_070821.jpg

This is adorable! My last dog before my Newfie, Griffin, was a huge Field Lab named Biscuit. I used to assist him outside to urinate at the end because his arthritis was so bad. The way I knew it was time to euthanize him was that one day as I was attempting to assist him from his bed to the deck (the door was very close to his bed) where he was now urinating, he bit me. He had never done that before. He was clearly in a lot of pain. I was not going to allow him to be in pain.

I love your story but your picture is fabulous!

Hugs,
Deb

This is Griffin on the top and Biscuit with my daughter on the bottom.

GriffinInTheSnow.JPG BiscuitandDaughterChristmascard.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results