shape
carat
color
clarity

Please say some prayers for Fiona

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, StephanieLynn. I will be praying for the best for Fiona.

Hugs,
Deb

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope she's better soon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m hoping she feels better soon. I have an almost ten year old furry baby so my heart goes out to you..❤️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the vet called me this afternoon and the news is not good. She is in kidney failure and has hematomas on her left kidney, she also has mineralization in her stomach and liver. Her recommendation was to take her home and put her down tomorrow.

The vet I've been seeing is an hour away because I got her from a breeder (when she was seven) and that's where her records were. An hour gives you a lot of time to think, I got there and talked to another vet. She tells me that there is an ever so slight chance she would pull through, we would know for sure after three days of IV fluids, if after three days she doesn't act any better and start eating then she will not recover. I decided to leave her there for another two days, I don't even know if that makes sense but if there is even a tiny glimmer of hope, I have to try.

I'll update as I get news.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry you got bad news. I hope she pulls through.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the vet called me this afternoon and the news is not good. She is in kidney failure and has hematomas on her left kidney, she also has mineralization in her stomach and liver. Her recommendation was to take her home and put her down tomorrow.

The vet I've been seeing is an hour away because I got her from a breeder (when she was seven) and that's where her records were. An hour gives you a lot of time to think, I got there and talked to another vet. She tells me that there is an ever so slight chance she would pull through, we would know for sure after three days of IV fluids, if after three days she doesn't act any better and start eating then she will not recover. I decided to leave her there for another two days, I don't even know if that makes sense but if there is even a tiny glimmer of hope, I have to try.

I'll update as I get news.
Awww, Stephanie. This is sad to hear. We love our pets so much, and it is excruciating when they get sick. I'm thinking of you all (((hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @StephanieLynn. :blackeye:
Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers and hoping very hard for good news. (((Hugs)))

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may have seen pictures I've shared of our Shetland Sheepdog, Fiona. She is in a bad place health-wise at the moment and I'm holding it together IRL but inside I'm a mess.

It started this weekend, she was having trouble getting up, she is ten so we thought that maybe her joints were bothering her. Sunday it became obvious there was a serious problem, she tried to stand up and fell to the ground. Monday I brought her in and they find she is dehydrated and do a full blood panel and x-rays. Her kidney values are very high and on X-ray there is an area of concern above her kidneys, they don't know what it is (possibly inflammation) but she has a severe UTI so they send me home with a strong antibiotic and appetite stimulant after giving her some fluids.

Yesterday she is not eating or drinking, I spoon fed her some really good canned food in gravy (a dog's delight IMO) and was giving her water through a syringe regularly all day. She was still lethargic today, not eating and I had to carry her outside to pee. Brought her in today and they are keeping her until Sunday on IV fluids and doing an ultrasound for that questionable area they imaged.

She is in bad shape, there is no life in her eyes and she is obviously in a lot of pain. So if you could keep Fiona in your thoughts we would both be super thankful. I will update as we get news.

Prayers are up for my nick-name’s sake, Fiona.
I have a group of friends who nick named me Fiona, years ago.
I hope that whatever her fate, it’s peaceful & painless.
Love to you all. *Hugs*

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to add thank you for all of your support, I usually respond to every response but just know that they are all being read and are very much appreciated.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers for your family and Fiona. I am so sorry.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course you have to try as long as she’s comfortable. If you don’t, you will always wonder if you should have given her the chance. Praying she improves :pray: Hugs to you and your family.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:pray: Hoping and praying she will be okay..

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did good by calling another vet. The last thing you want is to ever feel guilty over the possibility you missed an option. You can always change your mind if she needs to be let go sooner so there is no harm in trying and it could save her life. I'm hoping for good updates very soon.

Take care of yourself. The days of waiting and hoping for good news are miserable!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @StephanieLynn. Sending lots of prayers and dust to both you and Fiona. Hugs to you and your family.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to read the latest update @StephanieLynn, I'm hoping Fiona will rally, thinking of you all. (((Hugs)))

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Sending you and Fiona prayers and hugs. It’s so hard sometimes to know the right thing to do with our fur babies because they can’t tell us how they feel. I’m hoping she turns the corner and gets better.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you're doing everything you can for her. i'm glad you were able to get a second opinion and at least try another option. hoping she pulls through.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry. My furry babies and I are sending healing hugs and loving licks to Fiona and your family. We've been through kidney disease and kidney failure with some of our kitties and one of our pups. If there is anything I can offer to be helpful, whether advice from our experience or just a listening ear, please let me know.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry Stephanie Lynn. Prayers for you and Fiona. Our pets are definitely a part of us.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sad that you are having to deal with this. We went through something similar with our old lab girl last year. Make the most of the next couple of days with her and I’m praying for a good outcome. Sending you big hugs.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, so sorry @StephanieLynn. I was hoping for better news as I'm sure you were, too. Always good to get a second opinion if you can, so good job furbaby mama. Hoping for the best and keeping Fiona, you and your family in my thoughts. Still hoping for the best during this difficult time. <3.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry :(

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @StephanieLynn My heart is breaking for you as my cat went thru this a few years ago. Sending up plenty of furbaby dust & love to you. (Hugs)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely the right decision @StephanieLynn . 2 days could bring about a turning point for Fiona, and if it doesn’t, you’ll know you did everything you could. It also gives you time to comes to terms with things if there’s no change. Whatever the outcome, you’ve done your very best for Fiona, and if you have to let her go, you’ll know that you’ve given her the best life with you and your family. Be brave, it’s so hard, but that’s why they rely on us at times like these to do what we know is best for them. xxx

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sending you healing hugs and hope.
Never say never, just a few days ago our very old (15 years) greyhound girl collapsed down and couldn’t get up. The vet was not optimistic, probably spinal damage (age related) and put her on some pain meds with a review on Saturday (that’s tomorrow).
Wednesday - couldn’t get up without help, was dragging her right hind leg
Tonight - cheeky monkey ran off down the footpath after a cat!
So as for tomorrow’s “review” - never say never
My fingers are crossed for a good outcome and some more time for you both to share.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Very sorry to hear this, keeping my fingers crossed for a turnaround.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about Fiona - I hope the second vet is right and she responds to the fluids.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending love and luck dust to you this morning!
XOXOXO

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh OH OH! I am so so sorry. I know this feeling. I am here for stories, love and caring.. our animals, our loves, I have always tried to strive to be the human my dog thinks I am.. you are a good human. My heart to your heart, I know this situation.. Wish I could change it.. HUGS HUGS and MORE HUGS your way.

hugs.jpg

my heart to yours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results