shape
carat
color
clarity

Please recommend your favorite curly hair styling product!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please recommend your favorite curly hair styling produc

Thank you Rosebloom & Classy! I am blushing slightly! And great news on finding products that are working for you. Its such a massive stress having curls & generally straight haired people don't get the fuss. But it IS a massive stress when it won't do what you want it to :rolleyes:

Missy - your hair looks fabulous! All of those wispy ends have gone & the bluntness absolutely adds thickness. You look stunning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas, Classy, Rosebloom and Alex first of all you are all so lovely yourselves and some of my favorite PSers to be sure. Second of all you are also way too nice and kind but thank you from the bottom of my heart for your lovely compliments.

I love reading all about my fellow curly haired PSers and learning new hair tips. Our hair definitely has many different personalities and we curly haired ladies need to stick together. :wavey:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great curly updates ladies :appl:. Love seeing all of the pictures. Alex, Missy and Kelinas, your hair looks great!

I kept up my no silicone, no sulfate routine. It's been working well for my hair. Tried a bunch of products - some hits, some misses (as usual). Right now I wash my hair twice a week alternating between sulfate-free shampoo and co-washing.

_14146.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

^ Gorgeous hair baby monster! Your routine is working well for you. :appl:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

You hair looks so thick and gorgeous baby monster!
(Notice my jealousy on thick looking hair?!?!)

I get jealous looking at everyone's picture, but I'm super happy that everyone's hair is doing great and looking fantastic !
I'm going to bump this thread once a month, hope people dont find it annoying. I'm honestly proud of how much my hair has changed and I love hearing and seeing others hair journeys. Thanks for putting up with my inquiries pretty ladies!

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Hi Curly ladies!
I'm a 2b/2c here about a year into my curl journey. Because type 2 hair is pretty easily straightened I only started exploring my natural texture about a year ago. I've been using WEN for about 8 months - and I've just cancelled my subscription. I think it is a good product - it helped me understand my curls a lot better... but at the end of the day its too moisturizing for my oily scalp...and I don't want to wash daily if I can manage.

Any ideas on products for me? I feel like I'm the only curly-girl in the world who has oily hair!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
cRe: Please recommend your favorite curly hair styling produ

When I shampoo'd my hair everyday, my hair was a oily tmess. I had to wash it everyday or it looked like I skipped a week!
When I transition over to cowashing, the first 3 days were horrible, but my scalp aond hair acclimated really quickly.
Now I go 3 to 4 days between washes.
I use:
As I am coconut cowash (then)
Joico kpak protein conditioner once a week (then)
GPV conditioning balm as a rinse outim
If I protein my hair, I do a suave leave in.
I don't use silicone, sulfates, parabens, poly quats, quats, alcohol,dmdm hydatoning amongst other things. My hair loves i t;?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Baby Monster - you have beautiful hair!!

Tuckie - hi & welcome :wavey: Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I am sure you will get lots of helpful tips from others.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Alex, Kelinas and Missy.

Tuckie, I use Giovannie tea tree oil sulfate - free shampoo. It's their clarifying formula that works for my summer hair and scalp which is usually greasier than winter hair. It also leaves a nice tingling feeling. HTH.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Ladies :wavey:

I would like your recommendations for a heat styling protectant. I have used some in the past that seemed milky, dull or even oily. Have you found one that protects your hair when using a blow dryer or curling iron?

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

ClassyRocks|1391964884|3611444 said:

I would like your recommendations for a heat styling protectant. I have used some in the past that seemed milky, dull or even oily. Have you found one that protects your hair when using a blow dryer or curling iron?

I used http://m.sephora.com/bamboo-smooth-anti-breakage-thermal-protectant-spray-P300903?skuId=1360304 pre CG
It has some damn good ingrediants, and the only silicone is a dimethicone, which is a water soluble cone. Whenever I get moody and want to straighten my hair, I use it.

It is also kinda heavy so I only use half what it tells you to.
Ive also heard good things of Tressame Naturals protectants

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

Kelinas|1392392393|3615224 said:
ClassyRocks|1391964884|3611444 said:

I used http://m.sephora.com/bamboo-smooth-anti-breakage-thermal-protectant-spray-P300903?skuId=1360304 pre CG
It has some damn good ingrediants, and the only silicone is a dimethicone, which is a water soluble cone. Whenever I get moody and want to straighten my hair, I use it.

It is also kinda heavy so I only use half what it tells you to.
Ive also heard good things of Tressame Naturals protectants

:appl: Thank you Kelinas! :appl:

I will check them out this weekend. I have gone back to using a round brush and blow drying my hair into big curls; I use a curling iron to touch up some areas. A heat protectant would be a huge help! :roll:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Update time! 1-2-3 go!

Mine is good. Lots of new growth, which is quite evident due to my refusal to get my roots redone in this country.

Next!

_16354.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your hair looks great, Kelinas. I have to get mine cut. Too long and I'm always putting it up in a ponytail or bun.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas|1396186624|3643717 said:
Update time! 1-2-3 go!

Mine is good. Lots of new growth, which is quite evident due to my refusal to get my roots redone in this country.

Next!

Gorgeous Kelinas! Your hair looks so healthy and lovely. Kudos to you for knowing what to do to make it strong and healthy.

Here's my update with pic from this very morning. I've had to discontinue all vitamin and hair supplements due to a new health issue and was pretty depressed :(sad (not clinically though just very sad mainly because I also had to stop a medication controlling another medical condition but that's a story for another day) but so far so good and my hair doesn't seem to have yet suffered. And I hope I can at some point continue my med and supplementation but for now I am concentrating on trying to heal and get better. Anyway here are some pics of my hair from this AM (please excuse the nightgown pics haha). I haven't had it cut since January and I know it probably needs a trim but I think I will wait until May.

I hope others will chime in and post pics of their hair updates as well. I love seeing the progress of my curly haired sisters. :appl:

backofhairmorningmarch312014.jpg

backofhairmorningmarch312014.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results