shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with what to do next.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
With anything you do even when you try your best you can have a bad result.It’s how you deal when you have the bad result...that says the most about your character.I tried to resolve this bad result in a kind way but unfortunately the it did not work out for me.As I said above Caysie does beautiful work since I only have one ring from her and I am not a bench jeweler I can not comment on the construction.I can only state that I am 60...don’t have a strenuous job,not extremely active and was wearing the ring on my nondominant hand.I have had several rings in my years and never had this happen. My last ring with this diamond I had in the setting 10+ years. The ring I purchased from Caysie has broken or warped 3 times in the last 16 months...the last time being what I would call catastrophic ...where the ring literally came apart where it was Welded.I did not go into this wanting to bad mouth anyone but I just wanted to report my experience and get some expert advice about how to proceed.

@mamasooz you are incredibly kind. I just read your thread from the beginning and you didn’t name the vendor until you were asked multiple times and even then said nothing horrible. Unfortunately I think you got a lemon (it happens even for the best brands) and unfortunately the vendor didn’t want to make it right. I feel for you but at this point if it happened to me I wouldn’t trust the vendor tbh. It’s a 4 carat diamond omg. 5 hours on the floor frantically searching is no fun. @LLJsmom is so nice and I’m really glad that you will be getting a VC ring. Pls do share updates or your finished VC ring with us. I can already imagine it will be gorgeous :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With anything you do even when you try your best you can have a bad result.It’s how you deal when you have the bad result...that says the most about your character.I tried to resolve this bad result in a kind way but unfortunately the it did not work out for me.As I said above Caysie does beautiful work since I only have one ring from her and I am not a bench jeweler I can not comment on the construction.I can only state that I am 60...don’t have a strenuous job,not extremely active and was wearing the ring on my nondominant hand.I have had several rings in my years and never had this happen. My last ring with this diamond I had in the setting 10+ years. The ring I purchased from Caysie has broken or warped 3 times in the last 16 months...the last time being what I would call catastrophic ...where the ring literally came apart where it was Welded.I did not go into this wanting to bad mouth anyone but I just wanted to report my experience and get some expert advice about how to proceed.

This is a fair statement, @mamasooz... and I'm very sorry you've had bad luck. I don't think you can really compare your other ring with any delicate styles, because it's just so much thicker/heavier. You mentioned you're a klutz in your other thread -- I AM TOOOOO! I don't have a strenuous job, per se, but anyone can smack their hand on a counter or bang it against something hard (even unknowingly). I'm always shocked at how hard I'll hit my ring on things... it happens a lot. I have to be more mindful, because I can be hard on rings as well... which is one of the reasons why I decided on changing from a blinged out halo with a ton of pave, to a 6 prong solitaire (and considered 8!!)... ;-)

FWIW, I don't think you have tried to bad mouth anyone... it's not like a little prong bent or whatever, and you demanded a refund. I can understand just wanting to move on. I truly hope you find a setting that you love and that lasts forever.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, I don't think you have tried to bad mouth anyone... it's not like a little prong bent or whatever, and you demanded a refund. I can understand just wanting to move on. I truly hope you find a setting that you love and that lasts forever.

I don't have the time to respond fully to your previous message, however the above statement is precisely why I would absolutely never recommend Caysie to anybody seeking quality work, timely deliverables and competence. She lacks professionalism and a vendor who gossips about client issues to other clients does not deserve my respect and certainly not my business.

Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have the time to respond fully to your previous message, however the above statement is precisely why I would absolutely never recommend Caysie to anybody seeking quality work, timely deliverables and competence. She lacks professionalism and a vendor who gossips about client issues to other clients does not deserve my respect and certainly not my business.

@SimoneDi, I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post. Hopefully I can read your story sometime.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit @SimoneDi that I'm surprised to read this. You were pretty harsh on me when I was having my problems with Caysie and called yourself a fan of hers and her work. It would be educational to know what's transpired to change that opinion.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit @SimoneDi that I'm surprised to read this. You were pretty harsh on me when I was having my problems with Caysie and called yourself a fan of hers and her work. It would be educational to know what's transpired to change that opinion.

I was and I apologize for that. I trusted blindly, no mas ;-) maybe one day I will feel like sharing, although the lack of acceptance on this forum of other but the “expected” opinions makes the act of sharing slightly pointless.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi, I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post. Hopefully I can read your story sometime.

I think you know she is having a structural issue and a prong failure is NOT a little issue. I only have 4 delicate prongs holding my asscher in. Caysie told me they are sturdy and I have no reason to not believe that, but if one fails, I will lose my 12k stone.

Structural issues are not small things. Let’s be real.

SimoneDi Said she would post her story when the situation is resolved.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @whitewave, much appreciated!

P.S. but please let’s get back to OP and her issue here. I felt that it was important to share my feedback since OP and I used the same vendor and my experience with the actual product was less than stellar, but OP is the one who needs advice and attention here. ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you know she is having a structural issue and a prong failure is NOT a little issue. I only have 4 delicate prongs holding my asscher in. Caysie told me they are sturdy and I have no reason to not believe that, but if one fails, I will lose my 12k stone.

Structural issues are not small things. Let’s be real.

SimoneDi Said she would post her story when the situation is resolved.

I wasn't saying anything regarding what @SimoneDi may be going through with her ring... I was only trying to say that the OP had significant issues with her ring, so I can understand wanting to move on. Structural issues are absolutely serious, but I don't understand the response I received at all. It was rather harsh and made no sense.

ETA: I'm sorry if I offended you, @SimoneDi... I'm just really confused right now. I guess I'll need to wait for your thread.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was and I apologize for that. I trusted blindly, no mas ;-) maybe one day I will feel like sharing, although the lack of acceptance on this forum of other but the “expected” opinions makes the act of sharing slightly pointless.
Apology accepted. I'm sorry to hear that you too have had issues. I'd encourage you to share what's happened, in spite of the hesitation due to the inevitable pile-on that seems to happen. Staying silent doesn't help anyone, especially those who rely on threads here to help make decisions.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think SimoneDi was implying that you and Caysie were gossiping about her situation. I didn't read any of that in your post, MSOP, so I too am not really understanding the post....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mamasooz while you’re talking with Victor you should not be shy about discussing your concerns and the things that you would like. I don’t feel like you should be locked into one setting that you see on his website. The two of you can come up with something new or revised version of an existing setting or whatever. It’s a custom ring. Good luck and have fun!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think SimoneDi was implying that you and Caysie were gossiping about her situation. I didn't read any of that in your post, MSOP, so I too am not really understanding the post....

Well, that is certainly NOT the case... and I'm sorry it was taken as such. :(

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that is certainly NOT the case... and I'm sorry it was taken as such. :(

I think you hit close to her structural issues— my guess anyway.

mamasooz

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your time and help. Caysie has offered to design another ring taking all that has happened into consideration. Clearly I need some thickness in the band and I am super hopeful we can work together and come up with something I can wear for at least another 10 years.I do want to say that she has been nothing but pleasant and responsive along the way.I will post the results when I get it . I am very appreciative to you all.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your time and help. Caysie has offered to design another ring taking all that has happened into consideration. Clearly I need some thickness in the band and I am super hopeful we can work together and come up with something I can wear for at least another 10 years.I do want to say that she has been nothing but pleasant and responsive along the way.I will post the results when I get it . I am very appreciative to you all.

Oh good. I feel like this is the right way to handle a catastrophic issue and I’m happy to hear Caysie has been pleasant and ultimately responsive.

Best of luck to you.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm soooo glad ya'll were able to work this out... Caysie is a sweetheart, and I know she wants nothing more than for you to love your ring and be able to wear it forever. I'm excited to see the new design!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure what transpired to make CvB change her reply to you from “You’ve had the ring for seven months - file an insurance claim” to offering to make a new ring, but I wish you the best @mamasooz. You and your gorgeous diamond should have a ring you love AND trust to withstand your daily life. Hopefully that will happen for you this time.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mamasooz, I followed this thread with great interest and glad that Caysie has reached out and wants to make things right for you. I hope you will start a new thread and show us the new drawings and design that both you and Caysie have come up with so we may help provide input. There are folks here who can review the Cad drawings and provide insightful design revisions. In addition, you may want to receive a wax mold before you have the ring cast. So please consider starting a new thread.
-C4C

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure what transpired to make CvB change her reply to you from “You’ve had the ring for seven months - file an insurance claim” to offering to make a new ring, but I wish you the best @mamasooz. You and your gorgeous diamond should have a ring you love AND trust to withstand your daily life. Hopefully that will happen for you this time.
Maybe she read the thread?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think Caysie reads PS at all. I think she's far too busy! I think each situation is individual and is dealt with as such. When Yenny's engraving turned out pretty but not what she expected, Caysie recast the halo and had the engraving redone. She is reasonable and certainly wants to please.

I am also puzzled about @SimoneDi's situation, because it is hard for me to believe Caysie wouldn't offer to either tighten prongs or even remake the setting. That is all she can be expected to do. I think it's pretty unfair to be so hostile towards Caysie and posting how bad she is on multiple threads but not telling what the problem is.

I am so happy for you to be able to try again, @mamasooz! Caysie makes beautiful rings, and your beautiful stone deserves a specical setting! I feel you have been very reasonable in how you presented your issues here and your willingness to work with Caysie towards a solution!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think Caysie reads PS at all. I think she's far too busy! I think each situation is individual and is dealt with as such. When Yenny's engraving turned out pretty but not what she expected, Caysie recast the halo and had the engraving redone. She is reasonable and certainly wants to please.

I am also puzzled about @SimoneDi's situation, because it is hard for me to believe Caysie wouldn't offer to either tighten prongs or even remake the setting. That is all she can be expected to do. I think it's pretty unfair to be so hostile towards Caysie and posting how bad she is on multiple threads but not telling what the problem is.

I am so happy for you to be able to try again, @mamasooz! Caysie makes beautiful rings, and your beautiful stone deserves a specical setting! I feel you have been very reasonable in how you presented your issues here and your willingness to work with Caysie towards a solution!
Idk. She’s pretty active on her social media. Maybe someone alerted her. I think the point is that prior to this thread, She had told her to seek out her insurance. She definitely has a lot of fans here who could have reached out to her.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t blame you. I’m sure at some point your arguments would be dismissed as bad luck or as exceptions by her fan club. But please know there are many of us here that might benefit from your account.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t blame you. I’m sure at some point your arguments would be dismissed as bad luck or as exceptions by her fan club. But please know there are many of us here that might benefit from your account.

Nope. It wouldn't be dismissed. It would definitely be an exception if Caysie refused to try to fix the ring or even remake it, if needed, due to a design or manufacturing issue/error, because on the rare occasion someone has had a problem, that's what she's done. It's funny because I was sincerely interested in Simone's ring (which I think she knows since I mentioned it more than once on PS), because I have considered setting my stone with smaller sides. So I am really curious personally what's wrong with the ring, and I guess I will have to ask about the problems since it is one of the settings I am considering myself. I am sincerely sorry if Simone's ring can't be fixed.

Anyway, as far as mamasooz goes, I am just glad things are working out well for her!

paramexports

Rough_Rock
Trade
She might be busy with her new project. waiting for something special

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great news! Best case scenario. IMO
But without knowing both sides of the story, of course, with what we know here- it's a shame social media has to be involved to get there.

Hope you come back to update after all is said and done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results