shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a perfect pear

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I also notice that it’s $2k less, and while it’s 0.2ct less in weight, it faces up the same size (or longer actually) as the 1.2 that you posted.
9.13x5.78 vs 9.43x5.78
That would be rough for me to swallow; a more expensive lower performing stone that is the same size.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@sjlammer please don’t disappear after all these folks have helped you! We want to know what your next action is.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...rged-diamond-halo-flush-fit-semi-mount-so4501

I chose this in platinum. I wanted to go with slightly bigger stones in the halo, but David convinced me to let the manufacturer select the size that looked best.

It’s probably not too late to change.. thoughts?

I WANT TO HUG YOU, OP!!!! You’re going to make your future fiancé so happy. You made a great choice!

I like small halos, I think they look classier than bigger ones. Besides, IMO the larger the halo, the more you’ll “round” out the pear (think like a blanket over hard angles) and I know she wanted an elongated one.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
beautiful setting!!! :love: and yes, ita with David. You do not want the halo to overwhelm or compete with the stone, you want it to complement it. Great choices, looking forward to seeing the finished product!

sjlammer

Rough_Rock
Premium
I love how passionate you are about my ring!!!

How about my proposal plan.

So her birthday is in two month. The friday before i am going to throw a surprise party with her friends from all over the country. On the friday of the surprise party we are going to go hiking and I am going to propose on the top. I'm going to tell her that i planned a celebratory dinner for us at a restaurant she has been wanting to go to. We're going to get freshened up after the hike and then go to dinner where her friends will be there to surprise her. What they won't know is that they will be surprised to with the engagement.

What i haven't figured out yet is how to get her to not send anyone photos of the engagement before the surprise party. I am thinking about telling her that we have an engagement shoot planned for after dinner so we can have an official photo to send.

Thoughts

TL: DR - planning an engagement and a surprise birthday party. Friends think they know what is going on.... I'm puppeteering a fantastic scheme.

Last edited:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, OP! I just read this post for the first time, so I missed out on the "in-put" portion, but as a lover of pears, I think you made a perfect choice for both the stone and the setting! My stone has a very similar appearance (facet structure), so I think I can safely say that you'll both be very happy with the results!

I just wanted to wish you the very best with your proposal! This sounds like a fantastic plan and a very exciting and wonderful birthday/engagement weekend that anybody would be lucky to have!

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished ring and reading your posts from here on!
Best of everything to you both!!! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
img_9128-jpg.495002
Here is a picture of my stone so you can see the similarity of the facets. I'm sorry for the size of the photo! I don't know how to make it smaller!!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm SOOO happy you got that DBL pear. Honestly, I had hesitated posting it until I gave my DH doe-eyes and got the "you just GOT a ring and we need to paint the house this year". I know she will love it.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love how passionate you are about my ring!!!

How about my proposal plan.

So her birthday is in two month. The friday before i am going to throw a surprise party with her friends from all over the country. On the friday of the surprise party we are going to go hiking and I am going to propose on the top. I'm going to tell her that i planned a celebratory dinner for us at a restaurant she has been wanting to go to. We're going to get freshened up after the hike and then go to dinner where her friends will be there to surprise her. What they won't know is that they will be surprised to with the engagement.

What i haven't figured out yet is how to get her to not send anyone photos of the engagement before the surprise party. I am thinking about telling her that we have an engagement shoot planned for after dinner so we can have an official photo to send.

Thoughts

TL: DR - planning an engagement and a surprise birthday party. Friends think they know what is going on.... I'm puppeteering a fantastic scheme.

oh, SNEAKY! :clap: i like it. I think you can pull off the "no photos or texting friends/family" until after if you play it right. tell her too you want to enjoy a few hours of enjoying keeping it to yourself throughout dinner before the barrage of phone calls, etc etc. i like the idea of telling her there is an engagement shoot planned .... you could say you have something special planned for the shoot in terms of announcing it to friends/family that everyone is going to LOVE.

But just in case, snatch her phone before she goes off by herself. :lol::lol:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about telling her that we have an engagement shoot planned for after dinner so we can have an official photo to send.
I think this is the hardest part. But, it is that important that the guests are surprised too? Also, if mom and dad and sibs are not at the party -- she might not be happy to have friends know before them. I was engaged with my SIL and BIL in attendance, but mom was my first call (then two BFFs).

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
oh, SNEAKY! :clap: i like it. I think you can pull off the "no photos or texting friends/family" until after if you play it right. tell her too you want to enjoy a few hours of enjoying keeping it to yourself throughout dinner before the barrage of phone calls, etc etc. i like the idea of telling her there is an engagement shoot planned .... you could say you have something special planned for the shoot in terms of announcing it to friends/family that everyone is going to LOVE.

But just in case, snatch her phone before she goes off by herself. :lol::lol:

Yeah I think you can do the “let’s just have to this to ourselves and bask in the glow for a couple hours” would work. It would work on me, that’s for sure.

Be sure and come back to share photos with us!

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yay, I'm so glad you chose the DBL stone! I had just been looking at their pears and that one really stood out to me, then I saw it posted here as a recommendation to you. Can't wait to see the finished ring, please please come back and show us!

sjlammer

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow I missed all these updates. Okay so I think i have everything set.

our first hike in Colorado before we moved here was to hanging lake. We have been talking about doing some hikes, but hanging lake is a long way from our house... she might think somethign was up if we drove three hours to do a 2 mile hike....

However, the other day we were talking and i said, "too bad hanging lake is so far away, that was a nice hike" she replied,"oh yeah, that would be a great spot for a little picnic date" (she's also been on me lately to plan some dates for us...

Boom! hook set. Im going to pack a little picnic lunch with a split of Vueve Cliquot, proposa by the waterfall, pull out the picnic lunch with champs. then we'll head back to a special dinner... which all her friends will be at for the surprise party. its coming together nicely.

ohhh the ring came... i'll post pictures shortly

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that sounds perfect. I can't wait to see the finished ring!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermergerd pics please !!!! I've been following along and Love that pear and love the halo.

Your proposal idea is so awesome! Get some pictures up here now! We can't wait for the big day (okay, I can't wait )!:halo:

sjlammer

Rough_Rock
Premium
is there a way to upload a video? i don;t really want to upload it to you tube where everyone can see it.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know people have uploaded videos. I do not know how they have done it. Wow! That ring looks FABULOUS !!!!!!:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results