shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a beautiful piece of jewelry to purchase...

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yasss I second this suggestion @RosieR. And @winnietucker no such thing as threadjacking in threads I start. I love all and any directions they go in so feel free to post anything you want. :sun:

No thread as the ring has technically been seen before. Please see page 11 of show me your solitaires in smtb

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don’t want to thread jack but any chance you plan to make a SMTB post? I’d love to see this!
Beautiful and yes please may we see more photos of your EW rings? :love:

No need for a new thread for a ring that’s already been seen on the forum. Please see pg 11 of ‘show me your solitaires please’ thread on smtb

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
No need for a new thread for a ring that’s already been seen on the forum. Please see pg 11 of ‘show me your solitaires please’ thread on smtb

Lol just stumbled on your post there! I still think a thread for it would be amazing. Seriously, such a beautiful ring!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you dear Daisy.
I can only hope to grow old as with much grace and elegance as the Queen.

Thank you Missy
Us loyal subjects get all warm and tingly when a foreigner compliments our Queen so genuinely =)2

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
This is a fun game! @missy I like big stones too - I would think you could get a pretty good sized champagne diamond with your budget?? I'm picturing a champagne emerald cut or maybe an elongated cushion cut in a solitaire setting so that you are getting something different than your fabulous OEC...

My other pick would be to do one of those moi et toi rings with different cuts; something like this vintage asscher from Grace + a little antique pear :kiss2:

Grace Asscher.JPG

Will look for more inspo pics! Can't wait to see what you end up getting.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
What about simple dangle earrings
71pyMsL-0eL._AC_UL1500_.jpg
with bigger version of

or bigger version of

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @missy ! Would you consider a VCA piece? I was just reading a fascinating article about Grace Kelly and her relationship with Cartier and VCA. I think VCA could be a fun choice to explore... Fun because they have so many classic/transcend time and place pieces. I can easily see you wearing an Alhambra diamond bracelet or a Frivole diamond necklace.

Madamx747

Rough_Rock
Missy have you checked out Astteria?
They have great prices on beautiful unique pieces and also specialize in colored diamonds.
This yellow diamond ring is amazing! It’s $18k but drool worthy for sure!
C21615C7-7077-4816-8B0B-DBE2D45851E1.jpeg
Here is the link to view their rings

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if you decided against a diamond necklace but I came across this:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
In her post she writes it sold immediately when she posted it in her stories. Did the person return it? Or is it still sold? I only see she wrote it sold immediately in her stories...

She had a story two days ago that it was still available. I chatted with her about it then. And another post on 11/21 saying it was available. Worth asking if you're interested!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed this thread, Missy, but it sounds like to me the only thing you really desire are the large OEC earrings, and for good reason! I'd say the runner up might be a fabulous sapphire and diamond ring, just because it's such a classic and would fit well in your collection.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I don't think so. I don't have anything I would want to sell right now. Good suggestion though. Hmmm wait, I would consider selling Gracie or Oliver... :lol:

JK!
I think. :shifty::shhh:
No you wouldn’t! :lol:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Did you ever get the tennis necklace? I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that if I were in your shoes, I would wait until I found something I really wanted, or save up for the dream drop earrings!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Did you ever get the tennis necklace? I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that if I were in your shoes, I would wait until I found something I really wanted, or save up for the dream drop earrings!!

I decided I am not a necklace person and by waiting all this time I have more funds I can play with for my dream bling piece. But I still am not sure what I want. I mean I sort of know but I do not want to do custom as I have never had a successful custom piece. I want (I think) something just like Grace's Thelma and Louise earrings but within my budget so I am waiting and looking and waiting and looking and it doesn't suck. I love the anticipation and the search. I would love to find these earrings sooner vs later but being realistic I think I will have to be patient. Thanks for asking and I hope all your bling dreams are being realized.

For those who don't know may I present Thelma and Louise. Swoon!

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 9.04.35 AM.png

Sorry for the blurriness. I took it from a video.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about these?

E30C3EA3-3BC9-4F51-ADA3-F13D981C588B.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about these?

E30C3EA3-3BC9-4F51-ADA3-F13D981C588B.png

Haha great minds! Yesterday I found these and showed them to my DH. He was like get it if I love them. I like them but don't love them.

I am seriously in love with a pair from another vendor that is more than double my budget. Greg said if I really love those earrings I should get them if I think they would satiate me. The problem is I don't know if they would satiate me. I am very stressed and anxious about my DH's health and might just be buying something to try easing that anxiety. That is no bueno because ultimately that won't alleviate any anxiety and might add to it. T spend over 30K (34K) on earrings when I have so many earrings I already adore seems crazy and wasteful and ludicrous so I am not doing anything right now. I am waiting and watching.

I feel comfortable spending my budget and not more than double my budget even though my DH gave me the go ahead. I am not ready to do that.

Thanks for all the suggestions and please keep sharing any ideas. All are much appreciated! You never know when something will strike me as I must have it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arg, darn. I saw the price after I posted that. >_<

No worries! Please post anything you think I might love even if it is over budget. If it is the right piece I might be tempted to go over budget. 8)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I decided I am not a necklace person and by waiting all this time I have more funds I can play with for my dream bling piece. But I still am not sure what I want. I mean I sort of know but I do not want to do custom as I have never had a successful custom piece. I want (I think) something just like Grace's Thelma and Louise earrings but within my budget so I am waiting and looking and waiting and looking and it doesn't suck. I love the anticipation and the search. I would love to find these earrings sooner vs later but being realistic I think I will have to be patient. Thanks for asking and I hope all your bling dreams are being realized.

For those who don't know may I present Thelma and Louise. Swoon!

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 9.04.35 AM.png

Sorry for the blurriness. I took it from a video.

How about...you save up, maybe sell a few pieces that you aren't wearing, don't want to pass on, and reach out to the seller of those earrings. They know the buyer and maybe, just maybe (like bubbalah) they may be interested in selling them. People change their minds all the time (heck, we see it here frequently). If the buyer knows someone is interested, that might be all it takes.

Orrrrr, reach out to that Adam dude at OWD everyone talks about and set the criteria. Could take a while but you could start the ball rolling?

All of the jewellery suggestions are beautiful but after seeing those earrings and watching your style, I think you'll still be wanting them if you purchase a different piece. Save those funds and get the dang earrings.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results