shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me create a stunning necklace! Blue with a halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
I think the price that most jewelers charge for platinum is rediculous myself. Good white gold often has a certain amount of platinum in it, and I have seen some white gold that you would swear was platinum. Then again, keep in mind that platinum is about $2400+ per troy ounce, which is 31 some grams of gold.

A manufactuer or jeweler will figure out how much precious metal is in a piece, multiply that by something between 5 and 6. That is what they sell it to the jeweler for. Then you pay the 2-3 keystone price.

What kind of diamonds are you putting in there? I know you said you were going to have some smaller accent stones in it, do you have the color and clarity specs?
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 12:24:38 PM
Author: jszweda
I think the price that most jewelers charge for platinum is rediculous myself. Good white gold often has a certain amount of platinum in it, and I have seen some white gold that you would swear was platinum. Then again, keep in mind that platinum is about $2400+ per troy ounce, which is 31 some grams of gold.

A manufactuer or jeweler will figure out how much precious metal is in a piece, multiply that by something between 5 and 6. That is what they sell it to the jeweler for. Then you pay the 2-3 keystone price.

What kind of diamonds are you putting in there? I know you said you were going to have some smaller accent stones in it, do you have the color and clarity specs?
1.gif
A Cut Above Melee will be used for the accent stones, they will all be eye clean ( I think they are acutally VS2 or better) and in the colorless range. Why do you ask?

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
I asked out of curiosity. If you''re getting VS2 or better and in the D-F or even D-H range, that''s exactly what I would have done if it were me designing the piece.
10.gif
I figured if you have that nice of a stone, and in good white gold, don''t skimp on the diamonds!
9.gif
So kudo''s on the accent stones. :)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 11:47:13 AM
Author: Matatora
I think ya''ll are right WG it is! I would love to do it now but it will take two weeks to complete. Since I leave for my Christmas break next Wed I have to wait till I get back from break. It is a bit of a bummer but a nice way to start of the Spring Quarter. Oh well.
Can you send it from school and have it returned to you at home...?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I will be getting my final instructions from Whiteflash soon I hope. I am so very excited about having this stunning necklace!!!! Yippee! I cannot wait to see it, I hope it is as every bit as lovely as the one Ana drew up on her computer!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oooh so exciting- I can''t wait to see it either!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 12:08:57 AM
Author: Blue824

Date: 12/8/2005 11:47:13 AM
I think ya''ll are right WG it is! I would love to do it now but it will take two weeks to complete. Since I leave for my Christmas break next Wed I have to wait till I get back from break. It is a bit of a bummer but a nice way to start of the Spring Quarter. Oh well.
Can you send it from school and have it returned to you at home...?
I will likely be traveling over my break due to illness in my family.
7.gif
If I am sure of where I will be for a couple of days when the necklace is compleated then I will likely do just that thing. I would like to have it sooner rather then later....but I can wait if I have to.
40.gif
37.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well I've done it! I just shipped out my spinel and my money to Whiteflash! So I ought to have my necklace just before Christmas....wonder if I will have my ring by then?
32.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!!!!
3.gif

Wouldn''t it be great if you could get it before Christmas???

I can''t wait to see it. It will be STUNNING!

widget

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had houseguests for two weeks and found I was able to spend much less time on-line. I let this thread slip entirely, but have now returned to it. The last photos posted are just out of this world! I cannot tell you how much I love that look!

Deb :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the two necklaces to which I was referring in my above posting! I love them both!!!

Deb

matatora1.JPG

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2005 9:01:03 PM
Well I''ve done it! I just shipped out my spinel and my money to Whiteflash! So I ought to have my necklace just before Christmas....wonder if I will have my ring by then?
32.gif

Awesome!!! Can''t wait to see it!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2005 10:07:53 PM
Author: AGBF

These are the two necklaces to which I was referring in my above posting! I love them both!!!

Deb
I did too! So I let my SO make the final choice, he liked the halo better. So my stone is traveling to Texas to be dressed!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well I checked my tracking number on USPS and the stone has arrived at WF. I sent Lesley another email to make sure she had it. I think my email to her with the tracking number and the like must have been lost since she never replied. I am very nervous about the stone being there, I hope it is safe with in Whiteflash!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Lesely sent me an email at 1:30 am last night, she really works late!
36.gif
She said she would double check to make sure that they have the spinel and get back to me this morning. I cannot wait to see the finished necklace! I will post everything they send me here.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
I feel you''re worry.
1.gif
Ah..the joys have having a manufacturing jeweler who sells stuff to all the la di da stores within driving distance.
10.gif
To be honest with you, I don''t blame you one bit. I told one higher end retailer that I would not ship the stone out I want mounted. I told them they could measure it, and I knew someone who would mount it before my eyes. They didn''t take kindly to it. Oh well...too much stuff could happen to something you love, and some things you just can''t replace so easily.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I sent an email to Lesley two days ago asking what was going on with my necklace still no reply...I was hoping have had it finished sometime this week but I have not even gotten any information about if the stone arrived allright or what is going on. How long are you supposed to wait before sending a follow up email, I dont want to be rude or pester anyone. I just want to know what is going on...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would call them. They must be swamped this time of year. I would want to know if your stone arrived safely. Let us know what they say.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No it wont be done for a while yet...
15.gif
I will definately let ya''ll know as soon as I get any updates.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to say that it seems I will not have the pendent until my Christmas break is over. Becuase of the time of year it will take an extra week to compleate. I am of course disappointed, I hope that it is just as lovely as the one Ana mocked up.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that, Mat. At least you have your other new sparklies to keep you smiling.
30.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot wait to see this, Mat. It is going to be a beauty.

Now, I want one.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
A little something to whet the appetite. This is the file Lesley sent me today of my wax. What do ya’ll think?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay...that did not work. This is a qoute from the e-mail about the depth; "It looks deep in the side view - this is to accommodate the depth of the stone - it will be trimmed very slightly once it has been cast. ''

MATATORA--SPINEL.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Matatora!!! The wax looks great. I am in love with that stone. The color is so yummy!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
WOW, that looks beautiful. Kaleigh is right, the color of that stone is stunning.
30.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait, can''t wait, can''t wait!

Going to be scrumptous!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2005 3:00:28 PM
Author: kaleigh
Oh wow Matatora!!! The wax looks great. I am in love with that stone. The color is so yummy!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I think soo too! I am dying to see it!
30.gif
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2005 4:26:13 PM
Author: Ann
Can''t wait, can''t wait, can''t wait!

Going to be scrumptous!
That is exactly how I feel I am dying to see it. I want to see it and feel it rest on my neck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results