shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me create a stunning necklace! Blue with a halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2005 11:31:08 PM
Author: BlingBlingMommy

Date: 11/22/2005 6:36:58 PM
Author: Matatora

Date: 11/20/2005 12:19:32 PM
Author: belle
you should keep them both
11.gif
Oh I am!
A halo pendant with the cushion and maybe a ring with the oval? Yummmmm!
That is the plan!
I want to have the halo necklace that Ana designed for me, and then set the oval sapphire east west in a half bezel wg/plat mounting.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Just out of curiousity Kaleigh how long was it before you heard back from them the first time? From start to finsh?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well since my necklace project is coming along nicely I am thinking about what to do with the oval sapphire...it is very lovely.
What do you think of the oval set east and west set it a wide white gold band...something like this?
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying...what do ya''ll think?

sapphireinwidebandhalfbezel.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It can''t look bad
5.gif

Have you seen THESE ?

There is a lovely rendering of the simple half bezel on the site,

17b.jpg

But also some ''hug rings'' I can''t get out of my mind
9.gif

15b.jpg

93b.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That is exactly what I am thinking...very pretty! I love stearling silver, but I dont know if that would be durable enough.
17b.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that idea!! Very pretty.
36.gif

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
If it were me, I wouldn''t go with the sterling silver simply because over time it will tarnish. If you have the shank thick enough, it should be strong enough. I personally would go for at least 18K WG if you like that particular setting with the semi-bezel.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2005 4:28:54 PM

I love stearling silver, but I dont know if that would be durable enough.

Wait a minute... Is that silver?... there is no note on the website and every white metal is just that in a picture. The other pieces are intricate enough for me to assume platinum.

I just liked the proportions and finish of the ring, along with a few dozen things on that website!
10.gif

pendant.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matatora,
Once Quest got my pics of my intended design, I got a quote right away. I had them start on the cad images, sent them the stone and had it back within 3 weeks. There was a glitch in that they miscalculated how many stones they needed for the melee. They then got a shipment that they refused as the stones had fluro. But all in all I was very pleased with them and will use them again when I have another project.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
my word Mata you are on a jewelry buying spree, I am so jealous. Good for you. I love the idea of that ring and in the future you could put a thin diamond e-band on each side.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2005 11:48:23 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
my word Mata you are on a jewelry buying spree, I am so jealous. Good for you. I love the idea of that ring and in the future you could put a thin diamond e-band on each side.
oooh I LOVE that Tacori. I think that would be perfect!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2005 11:48:23 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I think it is at least in part becuase I have never bought myself any jewelry in the past...I always thought that was a rather large no no. I proably will not have the ring set any time soon. But I would like to have the necklace finished soon....I want to wear it.
It looks like Whiteflash will be making it for me since I never heard back from Quest. I am waiting for the offically qoutes from Lesley with baited breath....And the waxes of my e-ring.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
pace yourself girl!
3.gif
gosh i love those blues!
36.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2005 5:07:27 PM
Author: jszweda
If it were me, I wouldn''t go with the sterling silver simply because over time it will tarnish. If you have the shank thick enough, it should be strong enough. I personally would go for at least 18K WG if you like that particular setting with the semi-bezel.

I agree about the silver.. but why 18K? I know that many people poo poo 14K here, but it IS much more durable than 18K. (higher=softer). So personally I would NOT go 18K.. but stick with 14K as it costs less and people really cannot tell the difference. DH has 14K and I have 18K and I CANNOT tell the difference, excpet that my 18K shows more scratches.

But as for platinum.. personally, I would not put that much into a RHR.. well... not as this project.. but that is just personal preference.

But I LOVE the style.. it is scrumptous!! WOW.. MATA... I agree, I am totally jealous of your spree... VEry VEry jealous.. and I cannot wait to ssee all of yur finished projects.

What do you think of etienne? I know it is rather.. simple.. but I think your stone is yummy and would probably not need much to show it off.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
What about this WG... yum

etteine.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
or

halorin2.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Spree...two items is not really a spree is it? (Okay three if you count the ring over the summer)....
Hopefully I will be able to approve the design and quote from Lesley and mail Whiteflash my stone before I go home for Christmas.
As much as I would love to do the ring ASAP, I dont think it is likely. I like stearling silver, and have quite a lot of things in SS that I have collected over time.
I dont think the ones in the pictures are made of stearling that is just what I would like when the time comes, if not I will proably go to 14kt WG as this is a RHR and I would like for it to cost as little as possible.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
You''re absolutely right on the 14K WG. I meant to type that in as opposed to 18K, but I have 18K on the brain.
emsmilep.gif
Most of the items I wear personally are 14K, but not in white gold. The one thing I have that isn''t 14K is my dog tag/medical ID which is 10K.

I am not at all one to go poo poo on 14K at all. In fact, I have something that I am awaiting after New Years that is going to a manufacturer for fabrication (custom piece) that will be in 14K. I even told someone I know of looking at a certain wedding set that I knew someone who could mimmic it to a tee for light years less, and if she wanted to, good white gold can look a lot like platinum.

Now as for shopping spree''s go, if you think those few items what''s her name got is a spree...you would flip if you knew someone I know of. I have the CAD drawing/sketch of the setting someone wants for their canary/lemon yellow sapphire. That''s going to be custom made as she doesn''t like anything she has seen so far. She wants something else completely reworked with some smaller emeralds, and her next stone....she only wants a 2 carat Padparadschia. I am leaving a lot of other details out too in the "spree".
emotion-16.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
matatora, I totally agree. I think it is impoartant to buy yourself things you love (in our case jewelry) I bought my own diamond studs because I was tired of waiting for them to be bought for me.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
2 x 0.15ct, 2 x 0.10ct and 2 x .08 and approx 26 x 1.35mm ACA diamonds and will be hand made
How does this sound to everyone? Like the sizes for the stones in the chain? I am thinking this sounds good, but I want to make sure I am not missing something obvious.
farmedIX.JPG
This is Ana''s design which I am very excited to say I will be using!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2005 10:24:01 AM

2 x 0.15ct, 2 x 0.10ct and 2 x .08 and approx 26 x 1.35mm ACA diamonds and will be hand made
How does this sound to everyone?
You may have the perfect example... JadeLeaves used about the same sizes of diamonds in her WF-made 'by the yard' chain and there is a little picture on her thread
31.gif

IMO, perfect !

Al's WF halo pendant may give and idea what to expect for yours too...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that''s gonna be amazing!!
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Next Question...do you think it would be worth an extra $600 for platnium. I am 50/50.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora!

Your necklace idea looks stunning!

Just a little note abt the little diamonds bezels - make sure u try on the DBTY necklace at Tiffany to see if u will be annoyed by the exposed culet. I love mine, even though the culet is exposed, but I love how dainty it looks. It''s not uncomfortable, but I am not allowed to wear mine for longer periods yet (till xmas) so I can''t tell if it will scratch much. If you''re going to be bothered by it, the bezels will have to be made slight thicker so it covers the entire depth of the stone.

Also, the necklace is my first piece of 14WG jewelry. It looks very nice, and I can hardly tell the difference when laid next to my 18k WG necklace!

Can''t wait to see your finished project!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have DBY necklace from Tiffanys (Thanks Daddy!) and while I dont mind the culets on my neck, truth be told I could never feel them. I did get a bit annoyed with the necklace never lying flat all the way around and the stones flipping. I was thinking that the pendent in the middle would weight it down though. Am I wrong?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That''s going to look beautiful, Matatora!
Personally, I''d save the $600 for another project and stick with the WG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 7:00:51 PM
Author: Blue824
That''s going to look beautiful, Matatora!

Personally, I''d save the $600 for another project and stick with the WG

Agreed. I don''t think it is worth it for a necklace. I love the design. yeah!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think ya''ll are right WG it is! I would love to do it now but it will take two weeks to complete. Since I leave for my Christmas break next Wed I have to wait till I get back from break. It is a bit of a bummer but a nice way to start of the Spring Quarter. Oh well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are smart to go with WG. With the price of platunum, I just don''t think it''s worth the extra money. I really can''t wait to see this once it''s completed. It''s going to be stunning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results