shape
carat
color
clarity

Please give me your thoughts on this diamond-"Add. clouds not shown"

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
I bought this 1.22 I SI1 ACA a few weeks ago. I have not received it yet.

Recently I've read threads about people's diamonds being milky or cloudy. They were using a phrase I had never heard of before "Additional clouds not shown". I just checked my report and to my horror that's written on mine! :-o I am mad at myself because as much as I studied this report I never saw that before. I was feeling very secure in my purchase, but now I am worried. Could you please give me your thoughts on this diamond. (In retrospect I should have asked for opinions before I purchased, but I was afraid that if I did and everyone liked it, that some lurker would buy it before I could).

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4097153.htm

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It looks like it’s a fabulous stone but I’m sure others here will chime in.
I have read only great things about ACAs.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Additional clouds not shown" is not the dreaded "clarity based on clouds not shown". ACAs are vetted and I highly doubt the stone will be cloudy.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
"Additional clouds not shown" is not the dreaded "clarity based on clouds not shown". ACAs are vetted and I highly doubt the stone will be cloudy.

That is a good distinction to know about, thank you, that makes me feel better.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Additional clouds not shown is not a problem. As @Gussie said, it's "clarity based on clouds not shown" that is problematic in lower clarity stones sometimes (e.g. SI1 or SI2). ACAs are extremely strictly vetted, so they wouldn't be selling a cloudy diamond. But either way, additional clouds isn't something to worry about.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is very common. I don't think it will be an issue. My VS1 stone have the same comment on its report.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Confident that ACAs are all vetted for transparency issues as others mentioned. For peace of mind, you may still seek assurance from WF.
I have a BGD VS2 stone with that comment also, it’s beautiful.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this 1.22 I SI1 ACA a few weeks ago. I have not received it yet.

Recently I've read threads about people's diamonds being milky or cloudy. They were using a phrase I had never heard of before "Additional clouds not shown". I just checked my report and to my horror that's written on mine! :-o I am mad at myself because as much as I studied this report I never saw that before. I was feeling very secure in my purchase, but now I am worried. Could you please give me your thoughts on this diamond. (In retrospect I should have asked for opinions before I purchased, but I was afraid that if I did and everyone liked it, that some lurker would buy it before I could).

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4097153.htm

When you receive your diamond and are not happy with it for any reason you can simply use the return policy that Whiteflash offers.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone who took the time to comment, I appreciate it. I am relieved to know that this is nothing to freak out about.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone who took the time to comment, I appreciate it. I am relieved to know that this is nothing to freak out about.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. First you will receive a beautiful diamond
With no transparency issues because all ACA 'S are vetted for optimal light performance and second Whiteflash has one of the best customer service in the business.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the new stone! You did very well picking a WF ACA. Not only are they great people to work with, but they have top notch quality diamonds. Period.

If you aren't aware, diamonds that make ACA go through a rigorous vetting process. More details can be found here, but I thought you might find this particularly comforting:

https://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diamonds-specifications-and-qualifications/

Filtering For Clarity Issues
It could be argued that any internal inclusions block some light rays as they pass through the diamond and would therefore diminish light performance. In theory this is true but in practice many inclusions are so minute as to have negligible effect on performance. This is especially true in the upper gemological grades. In the Slightly Included grades, diminished light performance can be an issue, even if cutting is perfect. Therefore, one of the critical assessments the Whiteflash gemological review team makes is to look for any deleterious effects that might be present as a result of clarity features. Depending on several factors such as inclusion type, location, size and density, some diamonds will appear slightly “sleepy” or not as “crisp” as they otherwise would be. This can be a very subtle effect and one that is not contained on any grading report. Diamonds with any such deficits are not allowed into the A CUT ABOVE® brand.

For perhaps even more obvious reasons, A CUT ABOVE® diamonds are carefully inspected for any clarity issues that would give rise to structural weakness. A diamond with a feather or other clarity feature that in our assessment poses an elevated durability risk for mounting or wear will not be allowed in the brand.

Unfortunately, not all folks will have the luxury of buying from such a vendor with a thorough vetting process; therefore, I would urge all future potential buyers reading this to put forth some due diligence when they are shopping.

The note "additional clouds not shown" is not inherently bad as already pointed out. It can be found on stones of varying clarity grades and can be a non-issue. However, I don't want someone to accidentally misconstrue that an SI1 or better with this note is always "safe". That simply isn't the case. You have to consider other factors such as grade setting inclusions, location, etc. For instance, I've seen some grade VS2's with clouds as grade setting inclusions and this note that were a problem.

Again, you just have to evaluate each stone in detail.

The other note mentioned in this thread, "clarity is based on clouds not shown" is particularly dangerous as odds are much higher of getting a stone with clarity issues. When you see this note, alarms should go off and you should be concerned and go through extra effort to ensure clarity is to your satisfaction.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the new stone! You did very well picking a WF ACA. Not only are they great people to work with, but they have top notch quality diamonds. Period.

If you aren't aware, diamonds that make ACA go through a rigorous vetting process. More details can be found here, but I thought you might find this particularly comforting:

https://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diamonds-specifications-and-qualifications/

Unfortunately, not all folks will have the luxury of buying from such a vendor with a thorough vetting process; therefore, I would urge all future potential buyers reading this to put forth some due diligence when they are shopping.

The note "additional clouds not shown" is not inherently bad as already pointed out. It can be found on stones of varying clarity grades and can be a non-issue. However, I don't want someone to accidentally misconstrue that an SI1 or better with this note is always "safe". That simply isn't the case. You have to consider other factors such as grade setting inclusions, location, etc. For instance, I've seen some grade VS2's with clouds as grade setting inclusions and this note that were a problem.

Again, you just have to evaluate each stone in detail.

The other note mentioned in this thread, "clarity is based on clouds not shown" is particularly dangerous as odds are much higher of getting a stone with clarity issues. When you see this note, alarms should go off and you should be concerned and go through extra effort to ensure clarity is to your satisfaction.

Thank you for that quote. I do find it comforting, thank you. I had not read or knew that they screened for cloudiness. I was worried because I had never thought to ask “Does it look cloudy to you?”. This is my first Whiteflash purchase.

I had a ring picked out at a local chain store (He went to ________) but at the last minute I decided to pump the brakes and go with Whiteflash. The more I read on Pricescope, the more I realized just how much I don’t know and I didn’t want to get taken advantage of at the chain store. But I still cannot believe that I bought such a major purchase online. And I am trying to trust the process and the expertise of everyone here. Thanks again!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Just for the sake of education for myself and other new people reading here, can anyone explain how we can know what the grade setting inclusion is? Also, on the map of inclusions other inclusions are listed. Why do they not simply plot all the clouds on the diagram? Isn’t that what the diagram is for? “Additional clouds not shown” seems unnecessarily vague.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Just for the sake of education for myself and other new people reading here, can anyone explain how we can know what the grade setting inclusion is? Also, on the map of inclusions other inclusions are listed. Why do they not simply plot all the clouds on the diagram? Isn’t that what the diagram is for? “Additional clouds not shown” seems unnecessarily vague.

The grade setting inclusion is usually the first inclusion shown on the plotting diagram

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results