shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE cast your vote for favorite ring combo...

Gemstone pairing/design

• Total voters

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh how funny that you were thinking of doing the same thing! That would be super helpful... thanks so much for offering!! :)

I will, at some point in this life, for now I collect and pair them up in boxes :))
Ok. pics tomorrow, love taking pics of my stones.
Actually this new stone got no pics so far, I just shoved it in a box.

I will, at some point in this life, for now I collect and pair them up in boxes :))
Ok. pics tomorrow, love taking pics of my stones.
Actually this new stone got no pics so far, I just shoved it in a box.

Of all my gems, Gloria, I've only set one so far! I, too, love to gaze upon them in their little gem jars. Thanks again for your assistance!
rockon2.gif

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello friends,

I know you must all be sick to death of seeing this rather unremarkable sapphire, but I've narrowed down my ring choices, and I'd truly appreciate a final opinion. I thought if I started a new thread, it would receive the most votes, so here we are. Specs: Periwinkle sapphire, which I already own, is 2.93ct. with a radiant cut, and measures 8.31 x 7.01mm. I normally don't need so much help, but I'm a little outside my comfort zone with all of these colors! I did decide against a monochromatic look with more blues and purples, as I'd really like to do something fun and a bit adventurous this time.
slider_grouphugg.gif

Choice #1

Type: Paired in a toi et moi bypass with a coral spinel
Pros: I already own the spinel, and neither stone is particularly exciting on its own
Cons: Not sure if the shapes work together, and the spinel is deeper in tone and more saturated in color

Choice #2

Type: Paired in a toi et moi bypass with a soft orange sapphire
Pros: I'm really loving this color combo, and the stones are almost exactly the same size/shape
Cons: I'd have to spend a decent chunk on the new sapphire, and the cuts are different (one radiant/one step)

Choice #3

Type: Three-stone with fancy yellow diamond traps (the yellow will appear softer in person)
Pros: I've been wanting to incorporate yellow diamonds into a design, and this was my original idea
Cons: Another expenditure, but almost half the price of the orange sapphire

Choice #4

Type: Paired in a toi et moi bypass with a mint garnet
Pros: Our lovely PSers specifically suggested this one, and I already own the garnet
Cons: I had something special in mind for the garnet, which I would have to give up

Choice #5

Type:
Halo (possibly double) with 2-2.8mm fancy yellowish-orange diamonds (VS)
Pros: I do love me a good halo :)
Cons: The color of the diamonds has the potential to veer brownish in person, and this would be the priciest option

Many thanks for all of your past and future assistance!!

Sincerely,
Autumn

Capturee4rbu6.JPG

I'd say go for the soft yellow diamond side stones. That way the sapphire is still star of the show, and there's some symmetry. I'm a sucker for a three stone, so I may be biased. ;-)

I'd say go for the soft yellow diamond side stones. That way the sapphire is still star of the show, and there's some symmetry. I'm a sucker for a three stone, so I may be biased. ;-)

Thank you for the vote!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First round, will have to take more pics later after I clean the stones. Luckily my supervisor was here to help me.

I think the paler chrysos actually go well with the purple now that I see them like this. I don't think this is going to help you decide anything :))

Attachments

• sapcrys2.png
    sapcrys2.png
    849.8 KB · Views: 330
  • one.png
    one.png
    980.3 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
First round, will have to take more pics later after I clean the stones. Luckily my supervisor was here to help me.

I think the paler chrysos actually go well with the purple now that I see them like this. I don't think this is going to help you decide anything :))

CAT!

You're right, this probably won't help much with the decision. They're all so pretty, how is one supposed to choose one over the other?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CAT!

You're right, this probably won't help much with the decision. They're all so pretty, how is one supposed to choose one over the other?
Cat came and just sat on my work space like she always does. She started purring softly too :))
I'll try to take more photos later and kinda group them " this vs that ".

I don't know if it's going to help me decide, as Avondale said, but it sure is fun to look at!! :mrgreen2: So many yummy combinations. And I love that your kitty made sure to loaf in front of them. I appreciate (both of) your help!!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know if it's going to help me decide, as Avondale said, but it sure is fun to look at!! :mrgreen2: So many yummy combinations. And I love that your kitty made sure to loaf in front of them. I appreciate (both of) your help!!

Most of these are learner stones, I spent little money on each stone and might add more to the collection. It's easy to buy stones and hard to set them. I might end up making a single piece out of them just for fun. I love Taylor Swift's Sapphire choker.

Hello all! You may have seen me mention this in another thread, but I decided to go with the 3rd most popular choice. lol The orangey sapphire I shared in my OP ended up being quite drab in person. So instead I will be using an oval elbaite I already have. It is a lovely pastel peachy shade in person with no brown, and is almost the same size (9x7mm). I'll be doing a toi et moi bypass. Ultimately, when I put all of the color choices near the periwinkle sapphire in person, the peach brought out the best in it, hands down.

Thank you to everyone who voted and posted their suggestions, and especially to @Avondale (for coming up with the idea!) and @Cerulean (for making a case for it!).
slider_grouphugg.gif

Capture214bqh124533.jpg

bvdsecdrvbynub7432sd19.jpg

index nu6.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! You may have seen me mention this in another thread, but I decided to go with the 3rd most popular choice. lol The orangey sapphire I shared in my OP ended up being quite drab in person. So instead I will be using an oval elbaite I already have. It is a lovely pastel peachy shade in person with no brown, and is almost the same size (9x7mm). I'll be doing a toi et moi bypass. Ultimately, when I put all of the color choices near the periwinkle sapphire in person, the peach brought out the best in it, hands down.

Thank you to everyone who voted and posted their suggestions, and especially to @Avondale (for coming up with the idea!) and @Cerulean (for making a case for it!).
slider_grouphugg.gif

Capture214bqh124533.jpg

index nu6.jpg

Love it! The difference in shape is really nice too. Excited to see the final results!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
So instead I will be using an oval elbaite I already have. It is a lovely pastel peachy shade in person with no brown, and is almost the same size (9x7mm). I'll be doing a toi et moi bypass. Ultimately, when I put all of the color choices near the periwinkle sapphire in person, the peach brought out the best in it, hands down.

I think it will be beautiful and can't wait to see the finished result! I'm still a little sour that we didn't get to see a hand picture of your gorgeous blue sapphire ring, so here's a fair warning - there will probably be some minor pestering about this one. :cool2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

slider_grouphugg.gif

Capture214bqh124533.jpg

index nu6.jpg

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I opted for the mint Garnet bypass, and would have chosen the coral Spinel bypass had its shape been different and not a cushion.

Three-stone with yellow sides would be my second choice; however coral sides would have been better.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I can't wait to see the finished product!!! Those colors are gorgeous together, and I love that toi et moi bypass design!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

slider_grouphugg.gif

Capture214bqh124533.jpg

index nu6.jpg

This will be stunning!❤

Love it! The difference in shape is really nice too. Excited to see the final results!

Thank you for your help! I love that they're different shapes too... I suppose a pear would have been better, but we take what we can get. :roll: I really liked the 3-stone yellow diamond idea too, so I am incorporating that into a different piece. Win-win (I hope)!

I think it will be beautiful and can't wait to see the finished result! I'm still a little sour that we didn't get to see a hand picture of your gorgeous blue sapphire ring, so here's a fair warning - there will probably be some minor pestering about this one. :cool2:

I know, it's a sacrilege here! I usually get one good photo, and I'm done. :lol-2: I love everyone else's hand shots, but hate my own. I will try to change this! Thank you!!

I opted for the mint Garnet bypass, and would have chosen the coral Spinel bypass had its shape been different and not a cushion.

Three-stone with yellow sides would be my second choice; however coral sides would have been better.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

I will always prefer a 3-stone too! I just couldn't make it work here once I realized which color played best with the sapphire in person. These proper peaches and corals are difficult to come by, so you kind of take the shape and size you can get. I do have another project in the works with the yellow diamonds though... and it's a 3-stone, so stay tuned! tee hee And I appreciate your honesty!!

Oh, I can't wait to see the finished product!!! Those colors are gorgeous together, and I love that toi et moi bypass design!

Thank you for the encouragement! I hope it turns out well!! :appl:

How sweet that you thought to ask, @emmy12! I had planned on setting the periwinkle sapphire with a peach tourmaline I'd had for years. Sadly, after having it recut to a compatible size, and while it was on its way home, it was lost in transit. I'm brokenhearted about it and still holding out hope it will find its way to me. BUT, I do have a medium, cool-toned pink trillion spinel that really compliments the periwinkle sapphire well... better, in fact. It's also a good size for a toi et moi with the sapphire. So that's where I'm headed with this project as of now! Do you have any upcoming pieces in the works? :)

Capture214bqh124533.jpg Capturebaba.jpg

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet that you thought to ask, @emmy12! I had planned on setting the periwinkle sapphire with a peach tourmaline I'd had for years. Sadly, after having it recut to a compatible size, and while it was on its way home, it was lost in transit. I'm brokenhearted about it and still holding out hope it will find its way to me. BUT, I do have a medium, cool-toned pink trillion spinel that really compliments the periwinkle sapphire well... better, in fact. It's also a good size for a toi et moi with the sapphire. So that's where I'm headed with this project as of now! Do you have any upcoming pieces in the works? :)

Oh no! Very sorry to hear that the original stone got lost! :(

I have been waiting for a new batch of bezeled emerald rings from muzoemeralds on IG, but nothing has come up in a while and all the loose stones lately have been way over budget (but so gorgeous). *Sigh*

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed the original finds its way to you, but I agree new pink is really bringing out the cool times in the periwinkle and looks lovely!

Oh no! Very sorry to hear that the original stone got lost! :(

I have been waiting for a new batch of bezeled emerald rings from muzoemeralds on IG, but nothing has come up in a while and all the loose stones lately have been way over budget (but so gorgeous). *Sigh*

I bought my emerald from George! I agree... he's pricey. But you are certain to find a first-class stone with him. Good luck in your hunt! I'd love to see the ring once you choose it. :dance:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i wont give up hope
my new phone was MIA for the best part of a month
turned out it was down town at the post office courier depo all this time -and it was a parsel about the size of a regular paperback

i wont give up hope
my new phone was MIA for the best part of a month
turned out it was down town at the post office courier depo all this time -and it was a parsel about the size of a regular paperback

Thank you for the pep talk, my friend!!
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif

Oooh! Are there pictures anywhere?

Not sure if I've shared it before actually! It's 2ct., about 9x7mm, Muzo, minor oil. It's almost eye clean. Smaller than I wanted, but I really don't think you can find better color. It looks a lot nicer in person. Keep hunting... you'll eventually find just the right combination of the 4 C's for your perfect emerald!

Capturecaco.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results