shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my E-Ring (GOG''s Diamond)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/14/2004 12:01:16 AM kevinng wrote:

Haha! If I really do get one of my own, I'd probably get an emerald cut. All other cuts look feminine to me.
9.gif
----------------

kevinng,
that's a very nice ring. an interesting setting- beautiful. now if you're going to get one for yourself, you got go with a RB. they are still the most beautiful cut diamond, why reinvent the wheel?

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/14/2004 12:56:48 AM glitterata wrote:

Kevin, that is such a pretty setting! Did you design it yourself? Did your jeweler design it? What part of the world are you in? I just love that!

The diamond ain't bad either.----------------

Thanks glitterata!

Unfortunately, I did not design it myself. I think I have many talents... but designing is just not one of them. How I wish I can call that design my own.
9.gif

I am from Singapore. I was inspired by a local chain jeweller's design. I did some alterations to it though... I'll admit that the intent of the alterations had little to do with either aesthetics or integrity, but for practical reasons.

The original setting had prongs that were a lot more curved to fit the shape of the diamond. However, the jeweller said that it was very difficult to recreate the curve consistently for 4 prongs. It was not impossible, but it would not be practical to spend so much time (and therefore raise the cost)to fashion the curves consistently... just for 1 ring. The local chain jeweller's ring was die cast. Hence all they had to do was create one nicely, and replicate hundreds of them.

However, I think the end result is better looking than the chain jeweller's design. I think that by having less curvy prongs, the lines flowed better. Most people who has seen it said that it resembles the chain jeweller's design, but it's quite different in a better way. Most people like my setting more.

I think it looks much better that the classic Tiffany knife-edge design. At least to me it does.
21.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
btw, these pictures do not do justice to the diamond. They are taken using low lights to capture the setting. The setting is highly polished, so if I had raised the lights a little more, the reflections looked too bright.

Without sufficient light, the diamond would have little to reflect. Hence you can see through the diamond.

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
What a sparkler!
3.gif
Great job on the ring also!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/11/2004 12:00:51 PM kevinng wrote:

I need to thank everyone here at Pricescope for helping me pick out the diamond, and providing me with so much invaluable information. I couldn't have done it without you.
21.gif

I remember it was quaeritur who spotted this diamond at GOG and informed me. Thanks once again! ----------------

Awwww, I only just saw this! You're most welcome, I can't imagine a more beautiful home for that stone than the setting it's in!
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ohmy! Simply, exquisitely GORGEOUS! I LOVE it!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Breathtaking!

Lynn

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is truly beautiful. And on such tiny fingers, it will be just the right size. She'll love it!

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/14/2004 1:40:31 AM vtigger86 wrote:

kevinng,
that's a very nice ring. an interesting setting- beautiful. now if you're going to get one for yourself, you got go with a RB. they are still the most beautiful cut diamond, why reinvent the wheel? ----------------

Heh... I don't see how I can wear an RB. It's beautiful... but just too feminine. I think I will pass on your suggestion.
2.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I really appreciate it. This is such a lovely community.
5.gif

She loves this ring. She has been wearing it every day.... and I'm very proud to have put it on her finger.
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well we need hand pics!!!

Its so cool. I love it.

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
OK... this picture is moved from the this post:

Site of Ugly Diamonds

It was receiving too many protests there.

I thought, since I never took a decent shot to show the beauty of the diamond, I should do it now.
2.gif

It's a 0.62ct D VVS2 from GOG.

myringPicNew.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Another one:

diamondFront.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
OK... that was too small. Let's try again:

Diamond-Front-004.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Sorry... the last one was blurry... Try again:

Diamond-Front-006.jpg

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Soooooooooo...what are your/her thoughts on a wedding band?
appl.gif

Oh, yeah - hand pic, please
9.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
I have already bought the wedding bands...
They are very simple bands.
People in Singapore like very simple designs for their engagement rings and wedding bands. We went to pick out the wedding bands together. I'll take a picture and put it up soon, but they are really very simple.
5.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I just love that ring!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results