shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my E-Ring (GOG''s Diamond)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
After going through all the tutorials and picking out the right diamond... hunting for the right jeweller... and putting it all together, this is the result.
21.gif

WebLeft-Profile.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
From the front.

WebFront.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
From the side.

WebSide.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
And... from the top.

WebTop.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
The jeweller said that this was a very difficult job for him. He said that because of the simplicity of this design, it is very difficult to produce because every flaw is very obvious. But I think he did a good job overall.
2.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful. You did a great job.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That setting is really exquisite--They did a great job.
love.gif

Stone specs & ring size, please???? It looks like a real winner!
1.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
This is the specs. Her ring size is 4.5. (Yes, she has small fingers, so the ring cannot be too big.) She specifically requested for a smaller stone as bigger stones are associated with older people where I come from.
tongue.gif

BR62DVVS2.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's beautiful! I love the setting...simple and classic like the Tiffany but interesting because of the 4 prongs instead of 6.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Kevin, that came out gorgeous! I love the four prongs aligned that way, and from the side it looks like a tulip. So graceful! A BIG congrats for all the effort you put into this, I'm sure she will just love it!
9.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! The stone is stunning and the setting is extremely unique. I love the lower head and simple line, it really makes the diamond pop!
9.gif

As for the size of the diamond, it does NOT look to me to be on the smaller side!!! It looks very substantial, and very brilliant.

Congrats!
2.gif

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful, so graceful and elegant. Congratulations!
appl.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Elegant and beautiful!!
appl.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad you like my ring. My girlfriend likes simple designs, so I chose this one.
1.gif

The best part is, the jeweller only charged me US$435 for the ring (platinum).
21.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous
1.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone catch that by the way...

D VVS2

Doesn't get much better than that!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations for you and the jeweler!

This ring needs a pattent!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love the setting! Its so simple, yet different from every other solitaire setting! I love it!!!
appl.gif

I will be showing this one to my boyfriend for sure.

Great job!!!

Congratulations.
-Sarah
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS. you did a fantastic job.

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Thanks.
1.gif

I'm just glad it turned out well. It wasn't easy dealing with this jeweller. He mentioned that young people nowadays have unrealistic demands, both on quality and price... which is probably true. Anyway, I am glad it turned out well.

I complimented him on the workmanship... but he shrugged it off. He said he has done better. He mentioned that in the good old days, when clients request for platinum jobs at the workshop where he worked, they usually make 2, and choose the better one. He said that platinum rings are very difficult to work with. If any impurities get mixed in the platinum, the ring will shatter when they are struck. Anyway, he said that by today's standards, this ring is considered of very high quality already.
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, beautiful stone and I love the setting. Very elegant.

Michelle

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
I need to thank everyone here at Pricescope for helping me pick out the diamond, and providing me with so much invaluable information. I couldn't have done it without you.
21.gif

I remember it was quaeritur who spotted this diamond at GOG and informed me. Thanks once again!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Kevin, it turned out beautiful! Congrats!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice kevin, it was interesting following your journey. May it be a symbol of the start of a wonderous new phase in your lives.

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Wow...I love the setting. It is stunning. And a D color..wow
love.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
This diamond is really quite amazing. In bright daylight, it is completely white and very very bright. In yellow light, there's lots of little colored sparkles dancing within. Quite a sight to behold. I love it so much, I was a little sad to part with it. Haha!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kevin,
You can always get one of your own and set it in a gents ring just like vtigger.
naughty.gif
11.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Haha! If I really do get one of my own, I'd probably get an emerald cut. All other cuts look feminine to me.
9.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Kevin, that is such a pretty setting! Did you design it yourself? Did your jeweler design it? What part of the world are you in? I just love that!

The diamond ain't bad either.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/13/2004 2:09:48 PM chrono wrote:

Kevin,
You can always get one of your own and set it in a gents ring just like vtigger.
naughty.gif
11.gif
----------------

chrono,
actually, that stone ended up in a ladie's 4 prong setting. it was too big for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results