shape
carat
color
clarity

Site of Ugly Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Check this out:

Site of Ugly Diamonds

Say if she forces you to propose... but you don''t really want to marry her? You can buy one of these diamonds! Rejection guaranteed!
21.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Uh-oh.... I think you're opening up a can of worms here!! If she wants to be engaged badly enough and isn't just a golddigger, she'd probably take a piece of gravel taped to a rubber band - LOL!!!

10.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Lucky for me, she's already said yes!
3.gif

I have the full story here:
Diamond Hunt / Proposal Story

We are getting married on New Year's Eve!
2.gif

I'll save the gravel and rubber band for our anniversary (not). Haha!
9.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
I have never posted a picture that does justice to the diamond I used for my proposal, so I'm doing it now.
5.gif

It's a 0.62ct D VVS2 from GOG.

myringPic.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
kevin - the ring you created is just beautiful!!
3.gif
...Tho it shouldn't be posted in this thread w the topic "site of ugly diamonds"
6.gif
2.gif
Luv the way the prongs are turned N/S/W/E
love.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Alexah is right--I saw the name of the thread, scrolled down to the picture, and thought to myself, "that's a gorgeous stone--I don't get it". So, I read the threads and NOW I see that wasn't an example. I thought you were losing it, Kevin!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BTW, I can't believe a site like that exists! Those diamonds are horrid!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, what the heck? love this marquise, for example--the only stone i've seen where the bow tie is the only bright part! lol

83diamarq.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
these are described as "nearly fully eyeclean". lol.

923dia4.jpg

923dia5.jpg

923dia3.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Ok ok... I'll move the picture over to another thread later...
tongue.gif

I stumbled upon this site of really horrid diamonds and I was completely shocked. Why did they even bother to cut these thoroughly included pieces of crap? These should have used for industrial purposes.

923dia5.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Hey... the picture is magnified greatly to show you the inclusion pattern which is largely invisible to the naked eye.

... or maybe if you hold it real far away! Haha!

reena

Ideal_Rock
LOL

"Baubles for your farsighted sweetie."

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
This THING was found on ebay... Maybe they share the same supplier?

eww1.jpg

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
That website is horrid!! I feel so bad for people who get suckered into that stuff - how can they not see that the diamonds are awful though? This sad little heart-shape is sooo bad - looks like a trillion with a nick at the top...yikes!

Beautiful ering BTW - I, too, love the orientation of the prongs!!

125diaheart4.jpg

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
OH MY
errrr.gif
! Looks like there are bugs frozen in there! I truly hope that no one actually buys these "diamonds".
nono.gif
14.gif

flydiamond.jpg

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
I have a confession... when I was a kid, I did freeze bugs for fun on several occasions... Come to think of it, they did look something like that.
tongue.gif

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2004 3:20:45 PM kevinng wrote:

I have a confession... when I was a kid, I did freeze bugs for fun on several occasions... Come to think of it, they did look something like that.
tongue.gif
----------------

LOL!
loopy.gif

Kevin,

Just wanted to say what an amazing job you did on your fiancee's ring. It's just perfect. Please post some (obligatory) hand pics. The website you created not only tells your beautiful story, but is super informative. You sound very happy and your fiancee looked so thrilled as you proposed. You are very blessed. All the best.
2.gif

--Ivy

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
You know, the best part of that site is the suggested retail value: $13,000???

WHO would pay $13,000 for that??
14.gif

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
Kevin, I just went to your website - it's so cool! I'll definitely refer friends there if they're learning about diamonds. BTW - is your dog a schnauzer?? It's very cute!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Kevin- thanks so much for posting that link! I really enjoyed your proposal story and the beautiful pictures
1.gif
Congratulations!!!

And again, the ring is gorgeous. Befitting such a lovely bride-to-be
1.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2004 3:29:40 PM Ivy wrote:

LOL!
loopy.gif

Kevin,

Just wanted to say what an amazing job you did on your fiancee's ring. It's just perfect. Please post some (obligatory) hand pics. The website you created not only tells your beautiful story, but is super informative. You sound very happy and your fiancee looked so thrilled as you proposed. You are very blessed. All the best.
2.gif

--Ivy----------------

Thanks Ivy! I will post some hand pics when I get the chance to take them. I think you'd prefer to see them on her hands, rather than mine, so I'll have to take it the next time she hops over to my place. At the moment, she's in Boston attending a seminar.

As for the website I created, it's note quite done yet. It all started because I thought that people in Singapore are paying too much for their engagement rings, but it's so difficult to convince them because diamond prices differ so much depending on the quality of the diamond that it's not so apparent. I try to make it really transparent, and I think it's pretty clear now.

There's still lots of checking, for grammer and spelling, etc... and many more pages to go. But I'll get there.
2.gif

I am indeed very blessed... and very thankful.
1.gif

starfire

Shiny_Rock
I think that the best way to treat such websites is simply ignore them. Why give them free publicity over the internet and over this forum?

Let's focus on the good and beautiful, shall we?

Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2004 4:39:28 PM KSparkles wrote:

Kevin, I just went to your website - it's so cool! I'll definitely refer friends there if they're learning about diamonds. BTW - is your dog a schnauzer?? It's very cute!----------------

Thanks KSparkles! I really appreciate it.

My dog is really a mongrel. I picked up her mom from the streets. She's sort of a Silky Terrier mix. Her dad is a Yorkshire Terrier... so that makes her too complex to figure out.
3.gif

She's really really lovely.... and she keeps the rats out of the house. She even caught a couple!
21.gif

But she's really old now. Just the other day, I saw her trying to jump onto the piano chair, which is her favourite spot... but she couldn't make it up.
8.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2004 7:41:35 PM quaeritur wrote:

Kevin- thanks so much for posting that link! I really enjoyed your proposal story and the beautiful pictures
1.gif
Congratulations!!!

And again, the ring is gorgeous. Befitting such a lovely bride-to-be
1.gif
.----------------

Thanks quaeritur!

.... especially for recommending the diamond.
2.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh.. HOW AWFUL. I thought I saw an ugly diamond in real life today.. but I didn't know people would even try to sell crap like that.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Oh god, that's horrible!!! I'm going to have nightmares tonight!
14.gif

Kevin, your sweetie's ring is gorgeous!
appl.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2004 9:49:58 PM starfire wrote:

I think that the best way to treat such websites is simply ignore them. Why give them free publicity over the internet and over this forum?

Let's focus on the good and beautiful, shall we?

Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier----------------

I think it's great entertainment. Sometimes, we have to relax and laugh at the really bad ones. If someone entertains me, I have no problem giving them free publicity.
5.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Kevin--Gorgeous stone & ring.
1.gif

The Ugly site--who cuts these things? Who wastes their money on them? I would rather have a plain sterling silver band or no ring at all versus having a frozen spitball ring. No one needs a diamond to get engaged...why wear an atrocity on your finger?
eek.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I'd much rather have a CZ than one of those awful things.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2004 1:35:41 PM kevinng wrote:

I'll save the gravel and rubber band for our anniversary (not). Haha!
9.gif
----------------

I'm hoping for a plastic spider ring myself. Perfect for Halloween!!
2.gif
2.gif

I'm glad you moved your gorgeous ring over to your other thread!! It's in an entirely different class than the glorified gravel you linked to!

Congrats again on your engagement!!! LOVE your website!!!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results