shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of Couples

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Last one: This was taken in Yosemite National Park in April of this year. It was such an amazing and memorable trip!

tu myha pricescope.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
RadiantG you two are adorable! I love national parks too!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Radiantgirl: Well I showed your picture to my sister because I thought you were too cute. Are you Vietnamese by any chance? My sister and I were debating it, hard to tell from the pictures.

Actually we made two assumptions:

a) Vietnamese
b) Doctor or medical student

I have a lot of family in Houston, and I''m starting to believe that there is a strong asian presence in Texas. They all went to Baylor medical school, and I was shocked to find out that GingerBCookie did too.

In any case, you two are very very cute. And you''re tiny, tiny.

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
ilovesparkles and Allycat0303 - Thanks so much for the compliment! Allycat - That's so funny that you and your sister were debating on this. Yes, I am Vietnamese and so is my boyfriend. The second assumption is so funny...and so typical asian. Neither one of us are doctors or in med school, though my parents have always wished for me to a doctor of some sort.

There is a huge asian presence in Texas, esp. Houston and Dallas area. Vietnamese, Chinese, you name it, we probably have it here. Are you asian too? I am very petite, though, all my life, I have always wished I wasn't.
24.gif
I just wanted to be "average sized."

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Radiantgirl: Yes I''m Vietnamese too, and I''m in med school..actually all 3 of us children are in medical school, so I don''t think it gets more typical asian then that ( except that my boyfriend is white
3.gif
...so a little less conventional). I never think of myself as a petite girl (I WISH!) I''m 5''1, but no where as tiny as you are. The only thing I don''t like is that when I meet with patients they always say that I look so *young* even though I''m not. My sister and I were looking at your picture and we said "Maybe she is from Thailand?" Because we think of Thai girls as being really pretty. In any case you two make such an adorable couple! I love pics of happy couples!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree! radiantgirl, you two are freakin'' gorgeous! great pics. thanks for sharing.

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Jcrow - Thanks for the compliment as well! You guys are so nice on here.
1.gif

Allycat
- I went back to the older threads and read the story on how your FI proposed to you. Such a sweet story and you two are so adorable together. You are very petite (2 inches taller than me) and so cute yourself. And your FI is such a cutie. I can't believe you guys have been together that long! I was telling my bf that we have been together too long, and we need to get moving for the future. But you guys passed us up by years! Have you guys set a date yet? Where are you located at? That's so awesome that your parents are cool with you having a fiance that's not Vietnamese. My parents are so old school. They would totally flip out. You are very lucky to have such understanding parents. I have been mistaken for other nationalities such as Filipino, Haiwaiian, Thai many times before. I'm not sure why. I think I look so Vietnamese.

Anyways, I"m so glad I found this forum. You guys are all so awesome!
4.gif

metaphor85

Rough_Rock
Alright here's a picture :) me + him at a friend's wedding
100_2754.jpg

He always thinks that he looks so goofy in pictures of us as a couple. I think the only goofy thing about this picture is that you can't see his pretty hair.

metaphor85

Rough_Rock
us in Florida!
100_2341.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to play... this was last Oct, me with a silly face

gnj.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Aw, so nice to see all the new pics!!!

And Ally honey, PUH-LEEEZE, babe, you are TEENY petite!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Radiantgirl: My parents were SOOO not okay with it for the first 7 years. They flipped, they threatened etc., but I can be really hard headed when I want to be. So now they LOVE him. He''s a really good guy, makes a really good living (and you know how that''s really important to Viet parents
3.gif
). It was tough uphill battle.

I live in Montreal, Quebec (Canada) there isn''t a strong Vietnamese presence here, but they are really well intergrated because they speak french, and the official language here is french. And no date yet! I''m a bit of a commitment phobic girl, so I tried to push it back as far as possible. It looks though that Summer 2008......11 years is a really long time but were young when we started dating, so we couldn''t get engaged before.

I searched a bit for your ring/engagement. And I found that you have size 3 fingers. 3. That''s like totally sacrilage
3.gif
. Did you post a story about how you two met? We all love a romantic story around here.

Blue: Hi babe. Only a few more days to go for you! I''m counting them down for you. Good vibes, good vibes. I''m pretty small..yes...but when I''m next to some asian girls, I feel like a mammoth. It''s all relative ya know? Keep us updated. I''m going to be glued to the net next week. June 15 th right
6.gif
?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow...what an wonderful thread! I can't believe I missed it for so long
3.gif

You guys all look so wonderful with your BF/FI/DH in these pictures - I don't think I've ever seen so many people looking so happy and in love in one place. Such lovely couples - we're going to have lots of pretty babies in a few years LOL
2.gif

So I didn't originally think I'd post a picture (I HATE HATE HATE how I look in pictures - I ALWAYS look enormous, and FI isn't too fond of pictures either), but since I've enjoyed everyone else's pics so much, I figured I'd share one of the few pictures I actually do like. Its from our engagement shoot, which actually gave us a bunch of decent pictures, which was a relief, because we've also been together for over three years now and have no other good pictures of us to speak of.
47b5cf33b3127cce95699c7732ac00000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh AG you two are just gorgeous! If you hve children you are gonna have gorgeous dark haired dark eyed babies!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
AG that picture is stunning. STUNNING!!!! That''s like, what Charlotte was going for when she took her picture w/ Harry for the NYT on Sex and the City!!!!

Ally, thank you so much for the good vibes, sweetie. You''re close: June 17. So just under a week. I''ll bump up my thread later on.

I hadn''t posted any "us" shots on here b/c there were so many on the older LIW threads, not to mention the current limbo situation, but what the hell:

Bridesmaid shot from ''04
925.jpg

And a random collage including a nose2nose w/ my geriatric poodle boy.

collagecreeper.JPG

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I really enjoyed looking through this thread. Each couple look so cute and very much in love, it warms my heart.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Sparkles and Blueroses - we used that pic on our holiday cards, so we obviously liked it too
2.gif
Its really very nice of both of you to say those things though. Blueroses that''s funny - I haven''t seen that episode of SATC (yet), but you can bet I''ll be keeping an eye out for it now! I really like Charlotte''s character on that show - I always feel like a cross between her and Miranda
3.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 12:15:23 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
Thank you so much Sparkles and Blueroses - we used that pic on our holiday cards, so we obviously liked it too
2.gif
Its really very nice of both of you to say those things though. Blueroses that''s funny - I haven''t seen that episode of SATC (yet), but you can bet I''ll be keeping an eye out for it now! I really like Charlotte''s character on that show - I always feel like a cross between her and Miranda
3.gif
Seriously, that picture looks like it''s an ad from a magazine!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really does-what a beautiful couple!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
tawn and bee - that''s so sweet of you guys to say so! I really am blushing over here
12.gif

I am excited to see how our wedding photos turn out - I was so pleased with my makeup person and with the photographers who worked on that picture, and they will be the same people at the wedding, so I think the pictures from that will be amazing too (but I''ll know for sure soon - I can''t believe I have less than 4 weeks left - July 9th!!!).

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
That is GREAT that you got to have that trial run w/ the photogs and make up artist---what a comfort it must be to already KNOW that you''re going to be gawwgeous on your wedding day
31.gif
and that the pics are going to be divine!!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Allycat - That's so great that your parents love your fiance. That is so important. My parents didn't really like my bf when they first found out because of the differences in religious backgrounds (I'm Buddhist and he's Catholic). It took them a while too, but they are okay with it now. They just had to know that he wasn't going to try to convert me, which he hasn't. I read a couple of your older threads and saw the dilemma you had to go through with your ring and the appraiser. What a horrible ordeal! I can't even imagine how I would feel if that happened to me. The good news was that you ended up getting it back. Oh, so since you live in Montreal, are you trilingual then (Vietnamese, English, and French)? That is so awesome if you are! How do you like it up there? I can't imagine living where it's so cold though!

Yes, I am a size 3 (very small), but I guess that was good for my bf since he didn't feel like he had to get me a huge stone. BTW, I think he's going to propose soon! Like in the next week or so. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I can't wait! As for our story, we met while I was a freshman in college in the fall of 1996, but we were just casual friends, since we were both dating other people at the time. We didn't get together until Feb. 2000, and the rest is history.
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
RadiantGirl: Yes I am trilingual french, english and viet, but I''m most comfortable in english. Montreal is AMAZING. I love the city. Yes cold, but only in winter, in summer there are times when I want to DIE of heat. I HAVE to describe this city because it''s so lovely but not so many people visit because they think of polar bears and the antarctic...so you have to listen.

First off because many of the people are french you have a real european feel to the city. Most of the city is modern, it''s got the same energy as NY (I can say this because I have 2 friends that came to visit from NY and they said it felt exactly like home), smaller sky scrapers but we have some. And then there''s the old port, the older part of Montreal. So old historic buildings and cobblestone roads, french cuisine. So you have amazing mix of history, beautiful catholic churches with energy.

And I swear there is nothing like sitting on a Terrace in summer on Crescent street on a Friday night with your friends, and watching the people go by. And it''s festivals in summer... we have grand prix racing weekend coming up, and jazz and just for laughs festival when all the big name comics come down.

So the winter can be hard, but I could never imagine leaving because of the incredible vibe here.

Ok. So enough of tourist attraction...I read up on your ring and it sounds SO incredible. I love the Michael B petite princess. If I was getting a larger stone, I would have definitely gotten it. I find I have bigger hands, so less impact there. What I''m really intrested in seeing is the side profile of the ring. I want to know what the head looks like.

But you only have one more week to go
1.gif
So exciting, I don''t know how you stand it. Do you know if he has the ring yet?? That would drive me crazy. Are you expecting a surprise elaborate proposal?

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Allycat - You're so lucky you know 3 languages. If only I can learn one more (I took French in school, but don't know remember or know enough for conversations). Montreal sounds beautiful. We both love to travel and maybe that might be a place we need to check out someday.

My bf doesn't have the ring yet (or so I think). Michael B. is suppose to ship it to our jeweler in Austin (we are in Houston) today. They should receive by tomorrow, so I think the earliest my bf should receive it is next Tuesday. I am not expecting or wanting a surprise elaborate proposal. I do want it to be somewhat of a surprise, since I was so involved in the ring buying process. I just want however he decides to propose that it comes from the heart. I think I am more so looking forward to the speech, if he has one. I'm very sentimental, so a huge elaborate proposal really isn't for me. Most important to me is that he means what he says and it comes straight from his heart. That's all.
30.gif

My stone isn't big at all, but I think decent size for my hand. A lot of people on here don't like the Michael B. signature head, but I think it looks good. The anticipation is driving me crazy! We already set our date for next April and already reserved our venue. I just want to hurry up and start the "official" planning, etc and tell everyone that we're engaged. I've been waiting for this moment for so long!!

I will definitely be sure to post the story and plenty of pictures on here when it does happen, and a profile picture just for you to see.
1.gif

WorkoutChick

Rough_Rock
We had been painting all day and are not exactly looking our best, but I LOVE this picture anyway, because it is SO us
9.gif
(Michael and Tanya, still life on dropcloth...)

painting - smaller.JPG

WorkoutChick

Rough_Rock
And here is one of us looking a bit cleaner...
30.gif
(Michael and Tanya, with showers...)

WorkoutChick

Rough_Rock
And here is one of us looking a bit cleaner...
30.gif
(Michael and Tanya, with showers...)

MTsmall.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Date: 6/15/2006 12:33:23 PM
Author: allycat0303
RadiantGirl: Yes I am trilingual french, english and viet, but I''m most comfortable in english. Montreal is AMAZING. I love the city. Yes cold, but only in winter, in summer there are times when I want to DIE of heat. I HAVE to describe this city because it''s so lovely but not so many people visit because they think of polar bears and the antarctic...so you have to listen.

First off because many of the people are french you have a real european feel to the city. Most of the city is modern, it''s got the same energy as NY (I can say this because I have 2 friends that came to visit from NY and they said it felt exactly like home), smaller sky scrapers but we have some. And then there''s the old port, the older part of Montreal. So old historic buildings and cobblestone roads, french cuisine. So you have amazing mix of history, beautiful catholic churches with energy.

And I swear there is nothing like sitting on a Terrace in summer on Crescent street on a Friday night with your friends, and watching the people go by. And it''s festivals in summer... we have grand prix racing weekend coming up, and jazz and just for laughs festival when all the big name comics come down.

So the winter can be hard, but I could never imagine leaving because of the incredible vibe here.
ally!! I LOVE your description of Montreal, it''s spot on! I''ve lived most my life about an hour north from there so I''m used to more trees and quiet, but I love it everytime I go, and I''m very much looking forward to go back to study there (I studied there for 2 years in High School)!

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Everyone looks so in love!!!
30.gif

This is us back in 2004, our first Valentine''s Day. He took me to one of my favorite restuarants that night, Amandas. We had a great time both at the restaurant and after...
12.gif

This reminds me that I need to get some updated pics of us... TY for the reminder!!!
41.gif

Valentines Day 2004 Cropped.JPG

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I have a new pic to share. I went to my first Tigers game at Comerica Park this past weekend with my FI and we had a great time. Ladies, if you want to see a ring sparkle like mad, I highly recommend sitting under the lights at a baseball game! WOW!
10.gif

15xkdgi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results