shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of Couples

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Yah, that was the formal night on the cruise -- we''re all dressed up and posed like we were back at prom. I love being dressed up with him, but the "prom" aspect of it makes me laugh (I''m 32, he''s 25)
jen
35.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
WOW. You don''t appear to carry an age gap at all. :)

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 12:04:05 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly
plantationcatt: He likes skylines and older buildings. All the time he''s wanting to go through older areas, look at everything that''s standing, or hardly standing. I think he just really admires the structures that are tall. I can''t tell you how many pictures we have of places we''ve been that he bases off the skyline in the background. And I''m just thinking, *hmm, looks like the other twelve pictures of skylines to me.* It''s funny. He also likes to use colored pencils to organize counties by their population. Oh and, he makes lists when he''s bored, of every metropolitan area in the U.S.
Fishie, your BF and my BF SHOULD NEVER EVER MEET.
20.gif
My BF does stuff like this too. He''ll sit at restaurants and draw maps of the world on his placemat and napkins. He was the 1995 National Geographic Geography Bee champion (paid for college! woot!) and I constantly get info on the now-extinct country of Tannu Tuva, the boundary lines of the cities surrounding mine, the political structure and geography of Poland in 1911, etc. Sometimes I just start kissing him to shut him up! LOL I seriously love it though. He''s one smart cookie.
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh gah, does he go to political or urban/suburban forums? I bet *they''re already buddies!!!*

When I first met Paul, he was asking me about the rivers that run through my county. I was like, huh? He was serious. Seemed a little disappointed I only knew of one *the one I drive over every day to get to work!*

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the pic comments, Ladies.
1.gif
I will be enlarging that Florida one as a gift for BF soon. I think I may do one for each of our mothers too for Mothers Day.

sk8rjen - The "prom night" photo is adorable. My family wanted to do one last "parents and kids trip" before my bro and I started getting out on our own, so we did a cruise together about 2 years ago (Carnival - Grand Cayman/Cozumel/Riviera Maya/Belize). I LOVED the formal nights, and the whole experience with the boat activities, the dining, and the side excursions we purchased was INCREDIBLE. I would love to go on one with BF someday. Since he''s the Geography Guy I told him that he could plan our honeymoon one day and surprise me with the location, so maybe that would be a good opportunity to take one...

I have a shot on Photobucket somewhere of me and my bro on the first formal night of our cruise... FOUND IT. I loved this dress.
30.gif
The dress of my lifetime, thus far. Bro looks pretty cute too, for a brother.
28.gif

ae69d9f2.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 12:29:07 AM
Oh gah, does he go to political or urban/suburban forums? I bet *they''re already buddies!!!*

When I first met Paul, he was asking me about the rivers that run through my county. I was like, huh? He was serious. Seemed a little disappointed I only knew of one *the one I drive over every day to get to work!*
UH OH.

*runs off to block all such forums on BF''s laptop*

Must... stop... evil... influences...
11.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
haha... I love the *for a brother* comment. Before I read your post, I looked at the picture, and I was like, "hey! she picked a new boyfriend!"

Anyway, I''m all the time doing creative things for Paul, as it''s just fun for me. For my birthday, he kept talking about this *project* he was working on. Guess what it was? His version of a scrapbook, in map form. It was precious! Everywhere we''d been, everything we''d done to that point in our relationship, there on a map.

I should take a picture. It''s BIG and framed, and in my bedroom. He still admires it when he comes to visit. Such a proud artist!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
RT- You look just how I thought you would! You are so cute, almost indierock looking!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing everybody''s pictures! Not only is it great to put a face with a name, but everyone''s just so cute together.
9.gif

I was feeling kind of bummed out because I *thought* that my boyfriend wouldn''t want me to post pictures, but it turns out that he''s completely fine with it.

This one was taken on the night of our first official date.

Beaux and Arrows 03 2_edited.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Fishie- What a great gift idea! Sounds very sweet. My BF tends not to be so creative in his gifting, and probably wouldn't do a map scrapbook like that. He usually buys jewelry, which while cliche'd makes me happy because a)what girl doesn't like jewelry, and b) I consider it the warm-up to the ring.
31.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
This is at the Jersey Shore last summer. He hates having his picture taken, so he usually looks grumpy in pictures, but he smiles a lot more in real life.

JerseyShoreSummer2005.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Cute, Blenheim! You sure did dress up for that first date, too!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Blenheim, you look just how I thought you would.
1.gif
You guys look wonderful together in that photo. I love all the dressed up photos just as much as the casual ones.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh that was huge! Sorry.
23.gif

Finally, here''s one of him actually smiling.
9.gif

Midwinter Formal 2004 3_edit.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aww! That one is precious!!!

Wow, you're itty bitty thin, too! Lucky girl!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks
9.gif

We had had a couple of casual, unofficial dates before he was my date to a sorority formal, which would explain the black tie. We left early so that we could just go somewhere and talk to each other, which is really hard to do over a band, and that''s when we decided that we were officially a couple.

And in that last picture, I think that his uniform is puckering a little bit and covering up some of my waist. I''m not quite that thin!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Well, you''ll be beautiful in whatever bridal gown you choose, I have no doubt.
9.gif

Have you looked yet?

I''ve not. Lots of poof kind of scares me...

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I''m sure that you''ll be a gorgeous bride yourself! I''ve looked around a little online, but I haven''t tried anything on yet. I''m waiting until I have a ring on my finger.
12.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a photo of my FI and I at my 21st birthday party 3 years ago (he was 27 at the time). I''m now 24 and he 30. I''m dying for another occasion to wear that red dress, I just love it!!
9.gif

MeandMatthewlarge03.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Here is Paul in 1984. He was 7. His hair was blonde til he hit high school. Then it was brown. By sophomore year of college, it started receeding. He *hates* that, but I''ve always liked a receeding hairline. Match that with a goatee, ah... *almost heaven.*

Paul-1984.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This is me in 1984. I was four. I hadn't even had a hair cut yet, because my hair didn't come in until I was 2 1/2 years old. My mom says she had to dress me up in *frillys* so people wouldn't call me her *son!!* Now, I have gobs of hair. My dad tries to use that as an example that good things come to those who wait... *see, I've been impatient all my life. ALL of it!*

I look way younger than four, but I'd just turned four, and I never did lose my *baby fat!*

jenny-1984.JPG

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 12:43:31 AM
Author: Matatora
RT- You look just how I thought you would! You are so cute, almost indierock looking!

Hee! That''s one I''ve never gotten before---generally I get librarian. Must be the ipod
9.gif
Thanks!

Now do we get one of you and V?
2.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
fisherofmen:

Love the baby pics! Very sweet
1.gif

MR: Thanks! The fish thing came about because I used to LOVE to go deep-sea fishing with my dad off of San Diego and Catalena, but Flyfisher has never actually deep-sea (or fly) fished in his life. I also went flyfishing once and brought a rainbow trout home to try and keep in my aquarium.

Blenheim, I swear to gawd I know someone who looks just like you, or did...where are you at school?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha RT, there is a *BIG* difference from a librarian and an indierocker, huh?

Funny how one picture can make you appear one way, and then another completely different. I''ve always found that interesting. Like, a really pretty picture, or a really happy picture can make you look *so* different from a crappy one, or from an emotional one.

I like the one of you two kicked back on the floor. You look so comfortable and at peace. In love pictures are the best!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 12:40:47 AM
haha... I love the *for a brother* comment. Before I read your post, I looked at the picture, and I was like, ''hey! she picked a new boyfriend!''

Anyway, I''m all the time doing creative things for Paul, as it''s just fun for me. For my birthday, he kept talking about this *project* he was working on. Guess what it was? His version of a scrapbook, in map form. It was precious! Everywhere we''d been, everything we''d done to that point in our relationship, there on a map.

I should take a picture. It''s BIG and framed, and in my bedroom. He still admires it when he comes to visit. Such a proud artist!
TOO CUTE! That is so precious! K would never do such a thing! He isn''t really the creative type. He''s an accountant and a sports freak
20.gif
I hate math and really don''t care for sports. But I do get into them when watching games with him. Oh now I wanna make a map!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha Sparkles, because I knew how much he liked maps, I made him this purely *cheesy* one for him to follow from the main highway to my house, on his first trip to the *sticks* aka, my house. He just loves it. All it is is straight lines and a few symbols with a Sharpie. You should see his! It''s the whole southeast *well, Florida gets cut off at the bottom* up to Maine. And it shows our whole roadtrip from the summer, complete with stops along the route.

Are you a map maker, too?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s us! We were on a booze cruise for a friend''s wedding last summer... he doesn''t like this pic cause of the face he''s making, so hopefully he''ll never actually see it on here!
11.gif
Oh, and gotta love my tan lines... I seem to have skipped the sunscreen that day......

Cruise - Small.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
A map maker I am not, but I LOVE artsy things and scrap booking etc. I am really into beading too! Just love doing that! I can totally get lost in an art project and everything else drifts away which is great! Unfortunately right now I have to work on a presentation for Monday''s class, bla!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
All you guys make such cute couples!!! I like seeing the couples pictures. I''m going to keep mine just in the original thread because lately I''ve become wary of posting too many pics on sites! Plus... if he starts snooping around here, which he may, I don''t want it to be easier for him to find!

I do have to say - Plantation I love how long you two have known each other and that you have all of these pictures that show you two growing up together and from right before the relationship started. Toooo cute!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I loved all the pictures!!!! you all make great couples!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Everyone has the "I''m so in love eyes!!!!"

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results