shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of a 1.30 to 1.50 carat Ring (Especially Tiffany Novo owners)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ab10

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with a 1.30 to 1.50 carat ring could please post a few pictures. For those with a Tiffany Novo, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post pictures of ring on your hand, etc - Please specify the size when posting!

I am thinking about buying my GF a 1.33c Tiffany Novo - Is that a big ring? She is in between a 6 and 6.5. Will that stand out on her hand or will it look small. I am trying to get a feel of it would look like on her.

How much bigger is a 1.33 novo compared to a 1.50+ ... I read on various forums that the size is not too noticeable.

You help is very much appreciated.

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Hope this helps.
Mine is a 1.31 carat GIA triple excellent I/VS2 diamond.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-setting.59759/

ab10

Rough_Rock
Awesome .. Thanks for your help.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hi there!
35.gif

I don''t have the Tiffany Novo but my ring is a cushion solitaire with a pave setting. Centre stone is 1.51 carats and my ring size is 6.75.

Hope this helps! link

CDN

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
No Tiffany Novo here either, but here is my 1.35 carat ring. Ring size 5.5.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/take-me-off-the-list.97726/

The pictures are about 3/4 of the way down the page. I LOVE the size. It feels big to me. I tried on a 1.48 and I could barely tell the difference between that stone and the 1.35 I ended up with. I told FI not to bother spending more on the 1.48, but everyone is different. Oh, and are you sure of her ring size? I thought I was a 6.5 because I have "huge" fingers. Low and behold I''m a 5.5- good thing FI insisted that I get sized beforehand because I would have been sad to part with my e-ring while it was being sized.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that would look plenty big on her hand-it would look great! I can't find any pics of that size novo but here are some that are a tiny bit smaller

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-novo-engagement-surprise.77052/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-engagement-tiffany-novo.63032/

Actually here's a 1.32ct - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/novo-pics.61065/

And here's a 1.36ct - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tiffany-novo.65110/

ab10

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help.

Her ring size is between 6 and 6.5.

Do you think a 1.24 or 1.30 carat would look big on her hand? Are those big rings to a normal person?

I called Tiffany today and received the following quotes for my price range:

1.24 carat
- H
- VS1
- $14,700

1.30 carat
- H
- VS1
- $17,300

1.57 carat
- H
- VS1
- $23,500

The women told me their is no difference in size when looking at the 1.24 and the 1.30 rings. However a substantial diference when looking at the 1.30 and 1.57. Additionally, here is the information I received about financing:

Financing @ Tiffany:
- 13th Months (12 months actually, but 1 month grace period)
- If you purchased February 1, you wouldn''t have a payment until April.
- 10,000 threshold for 12 Month payment plan.
- Cash, Check, or Credit Card can be used for 10-40% upfront payment.

I am not sure what one I should buy. Let me know what you think. The 1.30 is more in my price range, however the 1.57 isn''t too bad I guess.

Thanks for your help! I look forward to your response.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
1.24 - 1.3 is huge in real life. Most people have much smaller rings than that. PS is skewed towards bigger rings and fabulous cuts; you''re just not going to see that on most people. I would not be worried at all about the ring being too small. It''s going to be drop dead gorgeous.

Budgeting is a personal issue. I would have killed FI if he financed my ring- even with 0% interest for 12 months. You never know what might happen and if the interest does kick in, it''s at a pretty hefty rate. But that is just a personal choice. We have enough other debts to pay for
3.gif

ab10

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your valuable input. I can pay for the ring right now but why would I when free financing is available :)

Thankfully paying for the ring is not a huge inpact to my monthly budget. I have a good, secure job.

I think I will go with the 1.24 or 1.30 carat ring ... Can decide!!!!

One thing that stinks is sales tax! 14-17K ring adds on another $1,200 or so.

Will a 1.24 or 1.30 look pretty big on a 6 to 6.5 finger? She is small 115 pounds and very athletic.

THanks again! I look forward to any additional feedback.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Can you have them all called in to compare in person? While I doubt there's a serious dog in the bunch there might be one that looks better than the rest... I'd say compare a couple or just go for the 1.24. There wouldn't be a visual difference in a set ring between that and the 1.3, IMO.

And yeah- IRL a 1.24 ct diamond is huge. I work retail where I get to check out a LOT of people's jewelry on a daily basis and I don't see many even 1 ct stones... most are well under; I'd say on the average busy day I'd see maybe 5 or 6 1 ct and up stones, and maybe 30 or 40 smaller ones or no jewelry at all. The larger stones you see- like 2 ct & up- are virtually always on the senior citizens. There are exceptions, but rarely. A 1.24 ct Tiffany should blow her mind, I'd imagine.

Size 6/6.5 is perfectly average (it's the standard ring size they make settings in actually) and it should look lovely.

ab10

Rough_Rock
Thanks Little Kitty. :)

I appreciate your help. I will likely take your advice and go with the 1.24 ring or comparable when I purchase it this month.

Now I just have to ask her parents ... I am not sure what is the best approach to do so or what to say. Or starting the conversation!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I agree. I would go with the 1.24. There will be no difference visually size-wise, so I would save the extra almost 3k.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.24 is a VERY nice size.

lewis25

Rough_Rock
Are you absolutely certain you want to buy from Tiffany? You can get much better prices at Blue Nile and elsewhere.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely agree that a 1.24 or 1.3 ct. will look large. I would definitly check them both out and assuming they look equally good, go with the 1.24 because it is quite a bit cheaper. She will love either one.
9.gif
36.gif

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
1.24 will look very nice, especially on a size 6; I''m a size 7 and have a 1.5- it''s just big enough for it gets some attention, but isn''t a distraction (for most at least
2.gif
).
I can''t wait to see hand pics!!! Congrats on a great choice
9.gif

ab10

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your help. When I buy it in a few weeks I will post some pictures for everyone. My ''giving back'' to the community.

I did some investigating and found that Blue Nile is not very cheap compared to Tiffany. For example, I selected a ring comparable to the Tiffany Novo along with a 1.33 ct ring:

Sample from Blue Nile:
This Nouveau Diamond Ring in Platinum has a 1.33 carat Round center diamond with Ideal-cut, H-color, and VS1-clarity. With this setting choice, the total carat weight of diamonds for your ring is 1.67.

Total Price: $11,408

So for just a few more thousand dollars, you get the following from Tiffany:

1. Tiffany quality and craftsmanship.
2. Tiffany Diamonds are selected, and then for each individual diamond a custom setting is created based on its shape, etc. Blue Nile does it reversed, applying random diamonds to existing settings.
3. Promise that Tiffany will be there in the long run - They have been in business since 1837. Blue Nile was founded in 1999!
4. You can see what you are buying in person.
5. ABility to upgrade at a later date (if you wanted to)

In my opinion, Tiffany is a great value and comes with a long tradition of excellence. I think people over think Tiffany and do not give it praise because it is slightly more expensive and a ''luxury name''. The same thing goes for a Mac, people think Macs are too expensive but in reality they are not when you consider alll aspects of a computer and its life-cycle.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
You can't compare round pricing to cushion pricing by ct weight. Rounds cost more than cushion cuts.

You can easily get a 1.2 to 1.4 ct cushion cut diamond with similiar specs between 5 to 8 K.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that the 1.24 will look great on her fingers. I have a tiffany ring which is 1.23 and it looks large on my size 8 fingers.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 1:12:43 AM
Author: ab10
Thanks for all of your help. When I buy it in a few weeks I will post some pictures for everyone. My 'giving back' to the community.

I did some investigating and found that Blue Nile is not very cheap compared to Tiffany. For example, I selected a ring comparable to the Tiffany Novo along with a 1.33 ct ring:

Sample from Blue Nile:

This Nouveau Diamond Ring in Platinum has a 1.33 carat Round center diamond with Ideal-cut, H-color, and VS1-clarity. With this setting choice, the total carat weight of diamonds for your ring is 1.67.

Total Price: $11,408

So for just a few more thousand dollars, you get the following from Tiffany:

1. Tiffany quality and craftsmanship.

2. Tiffany Diamonds are selected, and then for each individual diamond a custom setting is created based on its shape, etc. Blue Nile does it reversed, applying random diamonds to existing settings.

3. Promise that Tiffany will be there in the long run - They have been in business since 1837. Blue Nile was founded in 1999!

4. You can see what you are buying in person.

5. ABility to upgrade at a later date (if you wanted to)

In my opinion, Tiffany is a great value and comes with a long tradition of excellence. I think people over think Tiffany and do not give it praise because it is slightly more expensive and a 'luxury name'. The same thing goes for a Mac, people think Macs are too expensive but in reality they are not when you consider alll aspects of a computer and its life-cycle.

Just to clarify, you can get a lot more for your buck with a PS vendor including upgrade policies if you wish...BN wouldn't be my choice for a vendor, but there are fabulous vendors with gorgeous stones that can save you some $ if you want. And rounds aren't a good comparison, they are much more expensive per carat than cushions. You could get the same size cushion for less than that round you posted easily.

But that being said, you'll never get the exact same ring, so if the Novo is what you want then the premium is worth it.

ab10

Rough_Rock
Where can you buy Tiffany Novo look alike settings? Just looking at other options besides tiffany before I make a final decision!

You people on here are making me second guess my tiffany purchase! But Tiffany is still the front runner.

prettyarmor

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 2:08:21 AM
Author:ab10
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with a 1.30 to 1.50 carat ring could please post a few pictures. For those with a Tiffany Novo, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post pictures of ring on your hand, etc - Please specify the size when posting!

I am thinking about buying my GF a 1.33c Tiffany Novo - Is that a big ring? She is in between a 6 and 6.5. Will that stand out on her hand or will it look small. I am trying to get a feel of it would look like on her.

How much bigger is a 1.33 novo compared to a 1.50+ ... I read on various forums that the size is not too noticeable.

You help is very much appreciated.
This is EXACTLY how I came upon Pricescope. I found out my fiance had me a 1.5ct diamond solitaire and I was like "oh, oh I need to see how it looks on a hand!"

I found some really good pics on here to fuel my excitement. You should get a pretty good idea from this site. Everyone on here is very helpful and generous with pics and stuff.

I would post a pic (I''m a size 7) but all I have are crappy Iphone pictures--but I can tell you 1.5 on my hand looks very balanced. It''s big but not too big*

*is there such a thing as too big?? I mean really!
37.gif

tdha

Rough_Rock
If you don't want to pay the extra tax. You can call Tiffany's in Portland to see what they have and fly over there to pick it up. Definitely an inconvenience depending on where you are, but an option.

ab10

Rough_Rock
Is there really no tax in Las Vegas? On Jewelry only I assume?

For real? That might be worth it if I took a quick round trip because takes on a 14,500 ring in Atlanta is $1,160.

What do you think? Are you positive there is no tax?

tdha

Rough_Rock
Sorry, my bad. Las Vegas has state sales tax, for some reason I thought they didn''t. Portland for sure has none. I am going edit my previous post to prevent confusion for others.. sorry sounded too good to be true huh?
1.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon have no sales tax, nor are the residents of those states taxed in Washington state at least when purchasing things, as long as they provide a valid driver''s license. Also Alberta and Guam are tax exempt.

(Why do I know this? Because I ask every single person I ring up at work if they are tax exempt, because we get so many travelers and wholesalers. And after asking if someone is tax exempt, the next step in the process is the customer saying: "No but I wish I was, ha ha ha." I do hear that response at least a couple of times a day, sometimes a lto more, and after ten years I reaalllly can''t fake a laugh to that!)

milkypiggy

Rough_Rock
Hello, do you in the end get the 1.24 H, VS1? I called in few days ago wanted to take a look at this ring, but it''s sold already!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the 1.24. The price on the next one up makes no sense. The highest priced one seems unnecessary to me. 1.24 is larger than most people have IRL, it''s the same Tiffany ring, it''s the same patented cut. But it''s up to you, of course.

ab10

Rough_Rock
nope. was not me! I will probably be buying a Novo in the next few days though. I was going to buy friends 3.5 carat ring instead but decided against it.

I showed the ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-advice-on-diamond-pictures-included.104839/

to my girlfriend but she did not like it. The only reason I did was because it was meant for someone else and I didn''t think she would like once she saw it in person.

Do you agree with me doing that? My brother thought I was crazy showing it to her but my father said I should to ensure she likes it before investing in a 15K ring (originally purchased for 45K). She said it didn''t sparkle like she thought it should. It was appraised at H - V2, leaning to IS1.

I will be buying a novo instead now. Do you think a 1.20+ is a good size - Most likely H, VVS2? - Will that ring shine well and be pleasing to the eye?

Thanks!

novoo

Rough_Rock
1.2 is a good size, but if I were you I would go for VS and avoid the premium!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results