shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of a 1.30 to 1.50 carat Ring (Especially Tiffany Novo owners)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2009 5:18:09 AM
Author: ab10
nope. was not me! I will probably be buying a Novo in the next few days though. I was going to buy friends 3.5 carat ring instead but decided against it.

I showed the ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-advice-on-diamond-pictures-included.104839/

to my girlfriend but she did not like it. The only reason I did was because it was meant for someone else and I didn''t think she would like once she saw it in person.

Do you agree with me doing that? My brother thought I was crazy showing it to her but my father said I should to ensure she likes it before investing in a 15K ring (originally purchased for 45K). She said it didn''t sparkle like she thought it should. It was appraised at H - V2, leaning to IS1.

I will be buying a novo instead now. Do you think a 1.20+ is a good size - Most likely H, VVS2? - Will that ring shine well and be pleasing to the eye?

Thanks!
6.gif
23.gif
Umm, those pictures of a dirty ring certainly did not do that ring justice! That was the buy of a lifetime. However, not everyone wants a large diamond even if it is an amazing deal. I suppose I am one of them, but I don''t think I could have turned down that ring!

In any event, I love the Novo. It will appear much smaller than the other one, but it''ll be nice, nevertheless!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I think that a Tiffany Novo would be a great choice and yes, IRL, anything over 1 ct looks huge. Here on PS, you will find many people who will try to tell you that you can get something very similar for the price of a Tiffany, but the truth is that there is no comparison to a Tiffany ring, and the dark velvet box, and the classic Tiffany Blue box with the white bow.

When my FI and were looking, I knew that if he could get more diamond for the buck, he would as long as he wasn''t sacrificing quality. My only request to him was that if he DIDN''T get me a Tiffany ring, to please not get a Tiffany replica. I have very limited designer items (handbags, evening gowns, shoes) and I absolutely HATE it when I see someone with a fake that they are trying to pass off as authentic.

He went to a private jeweler and I have a gorgeous 1.5 RB ring that I am constantly being complimented on and that I absolutely love, but no one would confuse it with a Tiffany.

mryan

Rough_Rock
i like the novo''s personally and so does the GF. We went into tiffanys to look at it and yep.. its a stunner. I even told her she could have it if she preferred. She insisted on finding something else from a vendor online or B&M because she rather have a bigger stone the same or better quality. but i guess some people are more attached to the tiffany name then others. i ended up spending as much as a smaller novo but def. got a bigger stone and quality. it''s really about what floats your boat ;-)

ab10

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input. I am just happy I showed it to her before possibly giving it to her.

She surely would have said yes and taken it but deep inside she probably wouldn''t have truly loved it as I found out.

One thing that really bothered me was the certificate said F, VS2 and an appraiser said it was H, VS1-leaning towards the next level down.

After I showed it to her, she said it wasn''t really ''Shiny''. I don''t know too much about diamonds but it didn''t seem to reflect light too well.

Let me know your thoughts after looking at the link I mentioned in my previous post on this page.

Thanks!

mryan

Rough_Rock
you mean the link re: buying someone elses ring? i don''t know a whole lot about diamonds but I def would never use or buy someone else''s ring. just get some bad mo-jo from that esp. if it was from a bad marriage. i mean if you HAD to buy that other ring because its a good deal you could always swap the diamond out into another setting but still seems like a lot of work. check out GOG or WF for a stone instead and don''t bring someone elses bad voodoo into your new life of marriage lol.

ab10

Rough_Rock
Yea, I agree.

Bad Karma was something that may come with the ring. It has never been worn but as you mentioned was supposed to be for someone else. Even though it is 3.5 carats, I would like her to have something that she likes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t have been encouraging it had it been a used ring. It was new, never worn.

Just wanted to be sure you knew that the Novo stone may not have the diameter of a round stone of the same weight. I can''t tell you the difference without measurements, but a 1.24 ct. round will be around 7mm in diameter. Many cushions are deeper and thus are not as big in diameter. So your 1.2 Novo stone might have the appearance of a 1 ct. round. If you can, get the measurements on the ring you are considering and we can tell you for sure.

ab10

Rough_Rock
To me it seems like people who currently own Novo''s and commenters on this site typically say the diamonds appear bigger than their documented size?

also ... The women from Tiffany told me that a 1.24 is visually no bigger than a 1.33 - is this true?

Thanks,
Andrew

novoo

Rough_Rock
I have to agree..... When I went to Tiffany store, I compared 1.01, with 1.26 and then with1.51. Increase from 1 to 1.26 is a bigger difference visually than from 1.26 to 1.52.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results