shape
carat
color
clarity

My Engagement & Tiffany Novo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock

Alright! HERE ARE THE RESULTS! (and the story to go with it!)

1.gif

My significant other lives in upstate NY and flys out to Portland, OR every 2-3 weeks to see me. This can sometimes be difficult to do, due to the fact that there are no direct flights from his aiport to mine and that flights are rarely on time these days.

For this particular trip, he was coming out for my 22nd birthday (and proposal!) and left NY on Thursday the 24th. Given the information above, it was no surprise when he was severely delayed and forced stay overnight in Chicago. On top of it all, he was told that all flights were booked for the following two days due to it being Memorial Day weekend, and he wouldn''t make it to Portland until Sunday (my birthday was on Friday). In his desperation, he did the greatest thing! He told the flight airline that he was supposed to get married on Friday and they believed him! They bumped a passenger on the next flight to Portland, and he was in town by noon on the 25th :)

Now, all the travelling and arguing had made him sick and he was walking around with a paper bag for half the day. Despite not feeling well, he borrowed my car and ran "errands" (aka went to Tiffany''s and picked up my ring!) with my sister while I prepped for my birthday dinner. I had expected a proposal sometime during the long weekend, but didn''t think it would happen that day due to him not feeling well.

Needless to say, I was proven wrong. We went to dinner with my large family at an upscale restaurant that evening. Before dinner was served, he pulled out a piece of tissue and started to unravel it. He knows that I''m nosey and didn''t want to spoil the occasion by having the blue box bulge in his pant pocket! I was tipsy from alcohol and caught off guard when he presented the ring to me in front of my family. Of course, I accepted :) After the meal, we were presented with a bottle of champagne that Tiffany''s sent to the restaurant and we all had a toast. It was amazing and I couldn''t be happier!

I haven''t yet received the Tiffany''s certificate, but here is what I know about the ring:

Tiffany Novo
1.03 ct cushion with 16 rb bead set diamonds on band
I Color
VVS2

I had posted earlier that I was nervous about going so "low" on color, but I honestly haven''t noticed any yellow tinges. It sparkles like crazy and I havent been able to take my eyes off it! Right now its at Tiffany''s being sized, and I won''t get it back until next week. I haven''t yet been able to take any "good" photos, but I''ll post what I have so far!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! I'm so glad things worked out...! But I have to tell you that your ring needs to be photographed ASAP and we need hand shots
1.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats
1.gif
my princess is I color, I dont see any yellow, just sparkle
3.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Glad it all worked out May! Your ring sounds amazing and I can''t wait to see some pics
4.gif
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful proposal! You broke a rule, though...can''t post here without pictures!
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I can''t wait to see pics!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!! Please post pics ASAP after your get your ring back, I am dying to see it. I have a Tiffany ring in "I" and I can''t see any color.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great proposal story, congratulations on your engagement! (And happy birthday!) Can''t wait to see pics, of course with the requisite hand shots!
2.gif

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Pic #3

These are all of the "clear" ones I have right now. Will post more when I get the ring back from Tiff''s!

THandCar3.JPG

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous! It looks huge on your fingers-what ring size do you have?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! Congratulations!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
I LOVE!!!!! Wowza! Congrats....

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy, what a beautiful ring!!!!! You seem thrilled, congratulations!!!

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 5:34:59 AM
Author: bee*
Its gorgeous! It looks huge on your fingers-what ring size do you have?
Thanks bee!

In the pictures the ring is a 6 - that''s why its sliding off me! Usually I''m a 4, but the band is so narrow I''m taking it to a 3.75.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous, congratulations!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wowwww! I love it! Congratulations on your engagement.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 3:02:01 PM
Author: Mayflower25

In the pictures the ring is a 6 - that''s why its sliding off me! Usually I''m a 4, but the band is so narrow I''m taking it to a 3.75.
Beautiful ring! Congrats!

Are you sure you want to size it down to a 3.75? Just remember that if you plan on wearing a wedding ring with your ering, the two rings together may feel a little tighter. I just wanted to give you a heads up. I don''t want you to have to resize your ering again after getting married.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!

Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! That stone looks like a beauty. I love the band on the ring. Congrats!

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 5:05:00 PM
Author: snlee

Date: 5/31/2007 3:02:01 PM
Author: Mayflower25

Beautiful ring! Congrats!

Are you sure you want to size it down to a 3.75? Just remember that if you plan on wearing a wedding ring with your ering, the two rings together may feel a little tighter. I just wanted to give you a heads up. I don''t want you to have to resize your ering again after getting married.
Thanks snlee!

Yes, I''m sure about the size. The size 4 that I used to wear on my finger was as 7-8mm wide Tiffany Atlas. I''m hoping to eventually get a second Novo eternity band (in addition to my wedding band) to put on the other side of my ering. I love the way they look when they''re stacked!
30.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!
30.gif

Cosmogrrl

Rough_Rock
BEAUTIFUL RING!!!
I''m so jealous!!! (I have the baby sister to your ring!)
Congrats and wear it in great health!!! Happy wedding planning too
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You can never go wrong with a Tiffany, always stunning!
30.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring - it is really beautiful and looks fantastic on your hand. Wow!! It''s great.

I also think it was a lovely touch that Tiffany sent over a bottle of champagne to the restaurant where you received the ring. What a thoughtful gesture of customer service. Now that must make you feel really good - I guess that is part of the Tiffany experience.

Best to you both on your engagement!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring-congratulations on your engagement! I can''t wait to see more close ups! The diamond looks huge on your skinny little fingers!

And I love the tiny fib your boyfriend told to make it on the flight so he could propose! Hahaha! A man''s gotta do what a man''s gotta do!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW that ring looks huge on your tiny hands! Congrats!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It looks magnificent on you. I''m sure you are thrilled and will be very glad to get it back on your finger!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! For a cushion cut, that looks bigger!!! Very cute!!!
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results