shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of Lightbox Jewelry

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat, that first picture is the money shot, gorgeous!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purchased 1 carat white diamond - white gold pendant and Bloomingdales canceled my order due to being out of stock. If anyone purchased one and is going to return it, please let me know.

Oooo I didn’t know they ever even had those in stock! I’ll have to watch for them.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow!! Gorgeous!
If it’s ever not too inconvenient to measure the full diameter of those earrings, I’d greatly appreciate it. It would help me decide between making 2ctw studs or buying halo studs.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Gorgeous!
If it’s ever not too inconvenient to measure the full diameter of those earrings, I’d greatly appreciate it. It would help me decide between making 2ctw studs or buying halo studs.

I measured them and my calipers are plastic, and they measure between 7.2 and 7.3 mm, halo side to side, depending on where I place the caliper. They are a nice size.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I measured them and my calipers are plastic, and they measure between 7.2 and 7.3 mm, halo side to side, depending on where I place the caliper. They are a nice size.

That’s very kind of you to have taken the time and trouble! Thank you!

I assume these are the half carat centres?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That’s very kind of you to have taken the time and trouble! Thank you!

I assume these are the half carat centres?

Yes, correct. I can measure the center too. No trouble.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK, so I don't have pictures, because no matter how hard I try my diamond pictures are truly awful, but...... I just got in the 0.5 ct white stone pendant from the Bloomingdale's sale, so here's my review.

It's a lovely stone. I've been comparing it pretty hard to my other diamonds, and it stacks up well:
  • It is nicely white - certainly as white as my GIA G stones, so it is at the very least near-colorless.
  • I have not yet louped it, but it is absolutely eye-clean, with no indication whatsoever of any carbon or "haze" of any kind to my eye.
  • It is cut nicely; it definitely outperforms my GIA "triple-good" 60/60s from the pre-Pricescope didn't-have-a-clue years. It is comparable to a very nicely-cut pawn shop stone that I was told by an appraiser was in the very good to excellent range in cut. The only stone I have that outperforms it is my slightly larger stone that is AGS 000, Pricescope-ideal-proportions stone, and I wouldn't say that it blows the Lightbox stone away or anything, but is just a little better.
  • My one and only complaint would be that it's a smidge small - my calipers aren't working currently - need a new battery - but it is a smidge smaller than a 0.50 ct stone I have that is about 5.04 mm, so I'm going to say it's about 4.95-5.00 mm range. They do say on their website that they don't guarantee that the stones are that carat weight on the dot; they give themselves a little wiggle room there, so I'm going to guess it's just squeaking under a half-carat.
Based on the fact that they do have the disclaimer that the stone will fit in a certain range around the advertised carat weight, I'm going to say the stone is absolutely as advertised in terms of weight and specs. If I were to succeed in taking a decently representative picture of it, it would look like the other lovely stones folks have posted here in this and the other Lightbox threads.

Overall, with what I paid, I'm pretty darn pleased. I got in on the Bloomingdale's sale, plus I got the extra 15% off for signing up for their email list and free shipping, so I got it, including tax, for $317. I have a plan to, over time, replace those three triple-good 60/60s in rings with better stones the same size or a bit bigger and throw the old ones in pendants, and this will work quite nicely for that purpose. It would be nice to be able to replace them all with ones with super-ideal cut, of course, but I just don't have the bling budget for that! The cheapest place I could get a stone with the same specs but super-ideal proportions would be a lab stone from Brilliant Earth, and it would have cost me two to three times as much, so.......this will do just fine, especially considering my stone with super-ideal specs only slightly outperformed it, to my eye at least.

I will definitely be buying more of these.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your thorough review! Your posts are always so well written.

I was lucky enough to snatch up the 1 ct white gold necklace but I can't really tell the difference between it and my hearts on fire ER, or my diamond pendant or even my cz earrings... but it's sparkly and I'm keeping it! I've never spent this kind of money on myself before! PS is a bad influence!

Here are some not so great photos:
My ER is .7 ct, F, VS1; no info for the pendant. The LB 1ct is slightly larger but only noticeable when it's right next to the ER. I didn't notice color differences or differences in the amount of sparkles.

20200522_171916.jpg

20200522_171748.jpg

20200530_123312.jpg

20200522_171706.jpg

The 1 ct dangly earrings and pink .5 ctw studs:
20200524_131510_resized.jpg

20200512_233140_resized.jpg

20200522_171556_resized.jpg

I think I gave myself a migraine taking these photos. Who knew my face, ears, chest and neck were so hairy! If only it all just move to my head! Lol

Last one is of my ER, not a lab diamond but I certainly can't tell the difference.

20200526_125443.jpg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@dizzyakira Your jewelry looks gorgeous! Can you share what ct weight your yellow gold bezeled pendant and other stud earrings are? Thanks!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! The bezel diamond is .2 ct from etsy (JSVconcepts) and the baby studs are from looptroop, I believe the previous owner said it was from idj and .24 ct total, so perhaps each side is .12?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my lightbox stuff today! Overall the halo studs are by far my favorite in terms of style/size, but the pink in those is my least favorite haha.

Bad office lighting but here are some pics! .5 pink necklace, 1ct soli earrings, and 1ct total halo studs (so each stone is smaller than .5)

Tried to show the color in these pics, but it was tricky. Noticed that the halo studs looked more "ballet pink", whereas the necklace and studs looked slightly more peach. Especially the studs, which look the most peach to me.

I am definitely returning the halo earrings so if anyone from canada wants them before I return I'll sell for the price I paid!

20200601_201107.jpg 20200601_201038.jpg 20200601_201121.jpg 20200601_201448.jpg

20200601_200723.jpg 20200601_201117.jpg 20200601_200849.jpg ,

20200601_200820.jpg

Attachments

• 20200601_201453.jpg
    20200601_201453.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200601_201114.jpg
    20200601_201114.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 41

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natural daylight (indoors, window behind me). They look much more light ballet pink in daylight. Will post pics outside next.

99% sure I'm returning all 3 because the color just isn't my style (except the stud earrings which are close, but too small on my ears). If anyone wants to buy before I send back tomorrow let me know (especially canada peeps who cant order) @pearaffair @737lizakg @Engie13 . Not sure if anyone else was unable to order, but feel free to tag them if I missed anyone!

20200602_082748.jpg 20200602_082834.jpg 20200602_082759.jpg 20200602_082754.jpg 20200602_082804.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @lovedogs, I love that you ordered so many pieces with pink diamonds. So do you think the pinks set into rose gold are only showing the more copper color because of the setting?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the studs or halos in yg? How much did you pay? I’m still looking for pink earrings, always out of stock!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the studs or halos in yg? How much did you pay? I’m still looking for pink earrings, always out of stock!

The studs are rg and halo earrings are white gold. Edit. I think after all coupons I paid around $600 each for the earrings (both 1ct total weight) but I can double check for precise $$

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @lovedogs, I love that you ordered so many pieces with pink diamonds. So do you think the pinks set into rose gold are only showing the more copper color because of the setting?

Yup, that's my guess, although it's hard for me to tell whether it's the setting vs the stone itself.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love the pink studs if you take pay pal, I have a loupe troop acct.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you are the sweetest! It is so helpful to see all the pics! I have to pass on buying because I'm saving up for something BIG but I so completely appreciate the offer you made to pass your savings on to.a PSer and ship to Canada <3 <3 <3

Haha sometimes I fantasize about living in the US and having free shipping and free returns - wow what a life that would be lol. I'd be a compulsive shopper for sure!

Anyways. I love all of the pics, especially in all the different lighting, and especially because the Lightbox Jewelry website does not always accurately display the colours. Like the blues, omg. So it's great to have a real sense of what the pinks actually look like! Thanks!!

I'm curious - is the necklace pink a paler pink than the earrings are?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you are the sweetest! It is so helpful to see all the pics! I have to pass on buying because I'm saving up for something BIG but I so completely appreciate the offer you made to pass your savings on to.a PSer and ship to Canada <3 <3 <3

Haha sometimes I fantasize about living in the US and having free shipping and free returns - wow what a life that would be lol. I'd be a compulsive shopper for sure!

Anyways. I love all of the pics, especially in all the different lighting, and especially because the Lightbox Jewelry website does not always accurately display the colours. Like the blues, omg. So it's great to have a real sense of what the pinks actually look like! Thanks!!

I'm curious - is the necklace pink a paler pink than the earrings are?

IMHO the necklace and halo earrings are lighter than the stud earrings (e.g. more of the ballet slipper pink), but I see the halo earrings as the lightest of all 3 (though that could be the setting)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO the necklace and halo earrings are lighter than the stud earrings (e.g. more of the ballet slipper pink), but I see the halo earrings as the lightest of all 3 (though that could be the setting)

Ok good to know!! Thanks!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
The pink necklace is so pretty! I must resist! I'm holding out for bigger diamonds. I hope they add more styles like dbty necklaces, bracelets and earrings, tennis bracelets, eternity rings and tiaras ;)2
And more shapes and colors - I'm dreaming of a purple or green asscher or avc....or briolettes dangle earrings in any color!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Longtime lurker, finally made an account.

Does anyone have a 0.5 ct white round (in any setting) you don’t love?

Long story short I am really trying to get two for a pair of earrings, I’ve ordered and had a few different orders canceled from the Bloomingdale sales over the last month. Thanks!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the bar necklace (although more expensive) would look great.

late post script but i tried the bar necklace...it didn't sit right and went back. going to try a couple of other pendants from bloomies (not lab stones)...if these don't work going to make my own....

Interested to see what Lightbox will come up with for the holidays this year! Any guesses? I wish they had yellow stones.

1592574664510.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results