shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW PHOENIX_Consolidated Collection (VCA, Cartier, BGD etc)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, they look fantastic on you! Love them! :appl:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the onyx Phoenix! Very nice!

Remind me what Holly’s stats are and who did her setting?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to jump ahead and post a family picture, as most of these are going to a bank vault soon, since I'm leaving for a trip.

This collection is not complete. Missing are my new W-I-P ruby + diamond bangles (2) and bracelets (2), my halo'ed bracelet and pearls.

I'll detail the items in the Miscellaneous section soon, I promise! :)

phx__collection_1.jpg

phx_collection_2.jpg

phx_collection_3.jpg

@Phoenix I am SO very glad this thread has been resurrected! Hmmm... Shall have a think & be in touch!

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm going to jump ahead and post a family picture, as most of these are going to a bank vault soon, since I'm leaving for a trip.

This collection is not complete. Missing are my new W-I-P ruby + diamond bangles (2) and bracelets (2), my halo'ed bracelet and pearls.

I'll detail the items in the Miscellaneous section soon, I promise! :)

phx__collection_1.jpg

phx_collection_2.jpg

phx_collection_3.jpg

I’m curious, how do you store them and then take them to the bank? Maybe in separate boxes and then a bag with a zipper? I would be terrified to drop a box or leave one out somehow xD Hope you had a great trip!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the onyx Phoenix! Very nice!

Remind me what Holly’s stats are and who did her setting?

Thank you, @hathalove.

Holly is a big girl, at 5.318ct H VS2, AGS triple 0.

Measurements: 11.17 - 11.19 x 6.95mm

Depth: 62.1%
Table: 56.8%
Crown: 34.9 deg (love her higher crown)
Pav: 41.2 deg

She's a mid-H and an extremely clean VS2 (very small crystals to the side)

Leon Mege set it in a very simple 4 double-prong solitaire in Pt - was meant to be a temp. It's now been, what (?), 7 years I think since I adopted her.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m curious, how do you store them and then take them to the bank? Maybe in separate boxes and then a bag with a zipper? I would be terrified to drop a box or leave one out somehow xD Hope you had a great trip!

Lol, funny you should say that! I've misplaced a pouch containing one of my coloured stone ring, a ruby eternity, a simple YG + diamond ring and a pearl necklace (that's all I can remember anyway). The stuff hasn't left my home, except I just can't seem to find it. I separated these items out bc I was wanting to sell them. Was gonna take pics and list them on LT.

What I usually do is I store whatever I don't wear in small zip-lock bags, to make sure they don't scratch one another. Then I put the zip-lock bags into various pouches, and then the pouches into a larger bag or bags. Put that/ them into my handbag and take them to the bank.

Whatever is not at the bank is what I wear on a daily, albeit rotational basis; and I have a safe at home screwed onto the floor. I need to get a larger safe and a larger jewellery box actually. The current box and safe are far too small. I - or rather my bling - have outgrown them! lol

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lol, funny you should say that! I've misplaced a pouch containing one of my coloured stone ring, a ruby eternity, a simple YG + diamond ring and a pearl necklace (that's all I can remember anyway). The stuff hasn't left my home, except I just can't seem to find it. I separated these items out bc I was wanting to sell them. Was gonna take pics and list them on LT.

What I usually do is I store whatever I don't wear in small zip-lock bags, to make sure they don't scratch one another. Then I put the zip-lock bags into various pouches, and then the pouches into a larger bag or bags. Put that/ them into my handbag and take them to the bank.

Whatever is not at the bank is what I wear on a daily, albeit rotational basis; and I have a safe at home screwed onto the floor. I need to get a larger safe and a larger jewellery box actually. The current box and safe are far too small. I - or rather my bling - have outgrown them! lol

Ahh I see! Really interesting. I was totally imagining the boxes all going to the bank and wondering how they’d fit or if one might fall out. Sounds very safe this way! Lol at the larger safe and jewellery box! Sorry to hear about the misplaced pieces, I’m sure they’ll turn up when spring cleaning or something. Maybe they’re in a drawer somewhere.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING collection. I love that you thought about what really works for you and got rid of what didn't. As far as your small wrists go have you thought about having them size the bracelet down?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING collection. I love that you thought about what really works for you and got rid of what didn't. As far as your small wrists go have you thought about having them size the bracelet down?

I have every one of my bracelets sized down, whenever possible. The VCA Clover and Cartier Love ones, as they are bangles, rather than bracelets, cannot be sized down.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the Love bracelet comes in different sizes and I think the VCA Clover at least comes in 2-3 sizes, right, Phoenix?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the Love bracelet comes in different sizes and I think the VCA Clover at least comes in 2-3 sizes, right, Phoenix?

Yes, that's right, DS. VCA Clover comes in S, M and L. Love thin starts at 15 and the regular Love used to start at 16 but now come in size 15 too. I wish they'd had size 15 in the pave Love when I was buying bc for some reason the pave Love comes in slightly larger than the non-pave.

Last edited:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Curious what kind of pouches you are using after you ziplock them. Are they something special?

I have an abundance of Cartier pouches in all sizes but they are snap closure so I’m always questioning safety.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curious what kind of pouches you are using after you ziplock them. Are they something special?

I have an abundance of Cartier pouches in all sizes but they are snap closure so I’m always questioning safety.

Oh, small ziploc are for my smaller/ non-designer items only. For VCA and Cartier, I use their fabric pouches. Then, I put as many as I can into airline fabric bags, as they have drawstrings, or bigger still ziplocs. And then, I put those into my bigger cosmetic bag(s) and zip them up. The final bag(s) go(es) into the bottom of my Hermes.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you! Why are you thinking of selling it? Don’t you wear it very much?

Oh, bc I don't really have anything to match it with. I like sets/ matchy-matchy things.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
You are so gorgeous! I can't believe you're not 25 years old. Hmmm, how about getting matching earrings? The necklace is stunning.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, bc I don't really have anything to match it with. I like sets/ matchy-matchy things.

So buy the rest of the set!?! I love the colour of the gold against your skin & the chain length is perfect. Go on, you know you want to....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So buy the rest of the set!?! I love the colour of the gold against your skin & the chain length is perfect. Go on, you know you want to....

LOL. There's no set. This was the holiday pendant for this year and the holiday pendant is available only as a single unit - once a year.

Thank you for your lovely words though.:))

I'm plotting to get this bracelet, not sure if I'll be able to...long story, lol. If I do manage to get it, I'll get the matching earrings. Anyhow, this would go very nicely with my Onyx LE earrings (in RG), as the grey MOP can look quite black/ dark in certain lighting conditions, and it'd also go with my RG Perlee Clover bracelet.
1708146.png.adapt.1070.1070.png

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so gorgeous! I can't believe you're not 25 years old. Hmmm, how about getting matching earrings? The necklace is stunning.

Thank you. You're too kind!:))

Alas, there are no matching earrings to this holiday pendant.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm plotting to get this bracelet, not sure if I'll be able to...long story, lol. If I do manage to get it, I'll get the matching earrings. Anyhow, this would go very nicely with my Onyx LE earrings (in RG), as the grey MOP can look quite black/ dark in certain lighting conditions, and it'd also go with my RG Perlee Clover bracelet.
1708146.png.adapt.1070.1070.png

These are the matching earrings:
1708149.png.adapt.1070.1070.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Which Alhambra pieces have you kept?

I remember onix earrings and guilloche YG bracellet... IHMO, black & gold is a formal, obvious match.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which Alhambra pieces have you kept?

I remember onix earrings and guilloche YG bracellet... IHMO, black & gold is a formal, obvious match.

I still have the Onyx LE earrings (love them!), the 2018 holiday pendant (as shown above), Sweet pave 6-motif bracelet and recently bough a Guilloche bracelet.

I'd originally intended to buy a pair of Guilloche earrings to match with my 2018 holiday pendant. I bought the pendant first. When I finally saw the Guilloche earrings in person, I decided I didn't like them so much against my skin, so went with the bracelet instead. Don't get me wrong, I love the Guilloche bracelet but saw these pave RG + pink MOP bracelet & necklace just the other day and fell head over heels - I'd never seen grey MOP with such beautiful iridescence before and now I know what all the fuss is about, lol. Now, I don't want to purchase both bracelets, so if I can exchange the Guilloche for the pave RG+MOP version, I'd get the latter instead....And so this is my long story, lol!.

I haven't quite decided to sell the holiday pendant yet. Maybe I won't..make that I most likely won't. I hate that every time you sell something you stand to make quite a bit of a loss. You know those prices you see on the resale websites and how some of us (ie. me, lol) seem to think brands like VCA, Cartier maintain their value pretty well? Well, those are the selling prices and the consignee takes a huge commission and you the consignor ends up with about half of what you originally paid for.;(

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Ouch! Yes, I would have assumed nearly full resale value... It hardly seems possible on anything.

For dark MOP irridescence I would think of pearls first. But, the VCA Alhambra are famous for good reason!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!
Your collection is stunning ! It could be classified as a dangerous heart stopper! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results