shape
carat
color
clarity

Pending Engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Alexis I''m so sorry, I hope and pray that she gets better. It breaks my heart to read shes not responding to well but we will continue with prayers. I see her picture and shes so beautiful. (((hugs)))

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Oh man Alexis. I''m sorry to hear the new treatment stopped working. Thanks for posting a picture. She is a beautiful little girl. I''ll continue to hope for a miracle.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all who are praying for her and keeping her in your thoughts. Its hard to deal with. Its hard to see her all swollen and her face is all puffed up when you know what she is really like and what she should look like.

Thank you all.....

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
She is strong for being able to hold on though everything that has happened.

I am still hoping that she pulls though

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, I am continuing to keep you and Katie in my prayers--she is such a beautiful little girl. I hope she pulls through this.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
7.gif

Still sending dust your way.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
She is still alive at this point, that is reason enough not to give up hope! Until I hear otherwise, I will continue to pray for her, her family, and the health care team.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
More prayers going out

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:14:09 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
She is still alive at this point, that is reason enough not to give up hope! Until I hear otherwise, I will continue to pray for her, her family, and the health care team.

Exactly, you cant lose faith. The amazing power of having her family and friends present, even if its by her bedside, cannot be underestimated. I''ll keep her in my thoughts, Alexis. Stay strong for her.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
oh sweetie, i''m so sorry to hear about all this. This sounds so much like what happened to my dad, with the internal bleeding with no cause, the factor seven, and then we tried some experimental treatment. Unfortunately for us it wasn''t enough, but he had been sick for many many years. Your boyfriend''s niece is still young and children''s bodies can be so amazingly resilient. Please take care of everyone.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
This is so sad I will keep sending prayers and dust for a recovery she is a beautiful little girl
7.gif

My heart goes out to you all

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hun i am so sorry - she seems like such a spunky kid, and obviously has a lot of it in her.
i hope she is not in pain!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in...

Still keep you all in my thoughts!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just seeing this thread now, and I am so sorry for her and her family. You''ll all be in my thoughts...she sounds like a fighter, so I hope she will continue to fight.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Dropping by to sprinkle more dust....

Hoping for the best, always.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis, I am so sorry to hear about this. I have faith that she''ll pull through. A child''s body is very resilient. She can do this. I''ll keep praying for her. You''re all in my thoughts!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hoping for some good news, Alexis. Stay strong, Katie! Keep fighting!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
OK a new update....

On Monday, Katie was treated with a blood clotting agent to help clot her blood (Factor 7), and had a ''bronch'' (don''t ask me to spell it out!) where they were able to get some of the ''gunk'' out of her lungs. It was nice to know that there were about 8 doctors and nurses in there with her to make sure it went well. These procedures were very tricky and could have been fatal. Katie flew through them with flying colors, but not without the prayers and love from all of her family and friends.

After the Factor 7 was administered, we had to wait to see if it would effect her ECMO (if you don'' know what that is, look it up!!! -- no seriously, it is sort of like your own blood transfusion -- her blood was taken out, cycled through a machine that oxygenated it and recycled back in). Katie was on this machine for 13 days. That is a really long time to be on ECMO. It was very scary because any slight move of her head could have pulled out the tubes. She did really well with everything on Monday. Then we got the news on Tuesday that if Katie was not taken off of ECMO, she would bleed to death. While on the ECMO, she was on blood thinners which caused her vessels to bleed out (which in turn ended up bleeding out of her 3 chest tubes). She lost a lot of blood. With God''s good grace, on Tuesday, she was successfully taken off of ECMO and transitioned onto an oscilator (a ventilator for people with very bad lungs). Not one person in the hospital expected Katie to survive any of the procedures she has come up against.

God is answering all our prayers.....so keep em coming!!!

I actually slept decent last night....which is a good sign....

Thank you all!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh Alexis, that is wonderful news!!! I''m continuing to keep Katie in my prayers--she is such a strong little girl!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing to pray for little Katie..............

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I''m so glad to hear some good news. I''ll keep her (and you!) in my prayers.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) thats wonderful news baby steps, one at a time.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Good to hear,

I will keep her in my thoughts.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad she is off the ECMO!!!!!!!!

That was one of my biggest worries, 13 days is a really long time to be on ECMO (for people who don't know, it is similar to what they use for cardiac bipass surgery. They use a machine to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide outside of your body. Your blood comes out of your body, goes through this big machine, gets exchanged, and than goes back into your body. It takes the work away from the lungs, this is the most aggressive and risky means of life support in neonatal/pediatric intensive care). It is also good that she is off ECMO because as you said, they don't need to use the blood thinners anymore which, combined with her sepsis, put her at very high risk for bleeding. I am sooooo happy.

Just so you know, the ossicilator is a good ventilator for what she needs, but is hard to tolerate. All the shaking agitates them a lot, and she is going to probably going to continue to be hard to control and need lots of medications.

But she is going the right way, I hope they can get her onto a regular ventilator soon so that they can let her wake up a little.

Overall, I am very happy to hear some good news, and I hope that Katie keeps fighting like she has been.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wonderful news! I so hope she pulls through this. I definitely choked up reading your last post!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis,

I am so happy to hear that she is starting to respond to treatments and was take off the ECMO. I continue to keep her and your family in my prayers.

Big ((((HUGS))))

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear Katie is showing some improvement! Continued good vibes going out to her and your family.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Come on, Katie! Keep fighting!!!!

Lord, keep her safely against your chest until this little one is healed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results