shape
carat
color
clarity

Pending Engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to hear she is fighting on and that the worst seems out of the way :D.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news, Alexis!!!
36.gif

I hope it won''t be much longer before we hear some good news about YOU!
2.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to hear that she is still improving!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
wow I just saw this and I have to say what a strong resilent niece you''ll be getting :)
Glad to hear she is doing so well!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
They stopped the vent today for a little while to see what she could handle...and she did great for 2 hours!! Then she got tired and they put her back on it. So baby steps!!!

YAY!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:11:32 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
They stopped the vent today for a little while to see what she could handle...and she did great for 2 hours!! Then she got tired and they put her back on it. So baby steps!!!

YAY!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Woohoo!!!! So glad things are looking good, honey!! Yay!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to hear more positive updates! More dust heading Katie''s way...what a fighter she is!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Every little milestone should be celebrated!
36.gif

Katie, keep fighting! There are four little kids and myself all praying over here.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh what great news.
I''m glad she is getting better!
36.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
That is great news Alexis! Every little step should be celebrated. Continued small successes for Katie!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
OK..updates:

Well Katie is doing great. They are trying to wean her off of the vent and have been doing it little by little. Friday she did it for 45 minutes on her own, then Saturday she did it for 2 hrs. She did a little over 2 Sunday. So she is making progress. They are hoping to take her off by the end of the week, but it will depend on what her body can handle.

She is getting better, slowly but still progress is being made!!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:40:34 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
OK..updates:

Well Katie is doing great. They are trying to wean her off of the vent and have been doing it little by little. Friday she did it for 45 minutes on her own, then Saturday she did it for 2 hrs. She did a little over 2 Sunday. So she is making progress. They are hoping to take her off by the end of the week, but it will depend on what her body can handle.

She is getting better, slowly but still progress is being made!!

Great to hear!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad she is doing better, I hope she continues to make progress, and gets of the vent soon.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Alexis,

I am SOOO happy to hear that she is on the road to recovery! They do say that faith can be stronger than medicine sometimes, and it looks like this may be one of them!
12.gif

I hope that she keeps up the fight and is able to wake up next week. All my heart felt prayers to her and all your family. Please do keep us informed thoughout the week when you can.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
They are going to take her off the vent tomorrow!!

YAY!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Whooo Hooo....I hope she does well and stays extubated. I will be thinking of her tomorrow.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thats fantastic news :)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome, Alexis!

Thanks for the update! That''s such great news!
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
awesome, wonderful!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
AWESOME!!!! Give that little girl a great big hug for all of us.
36.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis, this is all great news to hear.

I know there was another poster that went through something similar with much different results. Were you guys ever told what might have caused this?

Congratulations on your niece, children are so resilient and such fighters!

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Alexis I''m new here, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How''s Katie doing?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all--sorry for the missing update..

Ok so Katie is off the vent and she is breathing on her own. She does have 2 canuals (breathing tube) in her nose for the oxygen only and she is diong great on that.

She can whisper a little bit and she points to pictures we have and says she is hungry and thirsty all the time, which is great. She is doing so much better and she actualyl got to eat an orange popsicle!!

She has stood up and taken one step but she is still fighting the infection in her chest and in her kidneys. They are putting her on hemo dialysis and they are going to switch the port to a more permanent one for now. They will be doing out patient dialysis for quite sometime they believe.

They may be taking her out of the CICU within the next 2 weeks if her lungs are not as badly infected, then she will go to a regular floor and then after that she will be going to a 2 week inpatient physical therapy rehab facility to get her body back in the shape she needs to be in.

So things are looking up. She wants those ice chips thats for sure!! So one day at a time, she is is awake and getting better, very slowly but she will be good to go in a few weeks!!!!

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and well wishes, this place is really a great community!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the up date. Sound like she has made a lot of progress.

I hope that her kidneys start to recover soon, but I am happy she does not need invasive support. That is a big step.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As I said before, any progress is something to be celebrated! Hopefully she''s seen the worst of it, and will continue to progress from here out.

I''ll still be praying for her, and thanking God that she''s still here!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Been a while since I''ve wandered over here but its great to see that Katie has made so much progress!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I''ve been MIA for a while, but I just read about Katie''s situation. How heartbreaking! I can''t imagine how much stress & anxiety you''ve had over the past month!

It''s WONDERFUL to hear that she''s doing well. From pharmacy school, I''ve learned that children are quite resilient when it comes to illnesses, and she''s had some really nasty stuff. Sepsis, Pneumonia, and MRSA are all VERY hard to treat, despite the advances we have in medicine today. There are only so many drugs you can give someone without making them toxic from the therapy. It''s also really hard to treat when it has multiple organ involvement. The fact that she''s turning around and starting to recovery is truly amazing!

I''m so glad she''s doing better!! I can''t imagine how scarey those few days-weeks were when she was unstable.

We''ll keep praying for her and thinking about her. Keep us updated, and keep your head up!

anyname

Shiny_Rock
that so great about Katie''s progress!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to hear she''s making such good progress! What a fighter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results