shape
carat
color
clarity

Pending Engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
thank you all!!

This has definately been a relief to everyone in the family. I feel like she is out of the danger zone for the most part but she still has a LONG way to go with her treatment and is still in critical condition. So only time will tell....

I am a firm believer in PS Dust!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to read a positive update! She will stay in my thoughts and loads more PS dust is headed her way! Keep on fighting, Katie!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear some good news about her improvement. I hope this continues!

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
If you are talking about the Gerogetown and Children''s hospital that I think you are talking about, is Maryland, I live near you.

Stranger yet, I know this is a little odd for me to post on a jewlery board, but my boyfriend''s mother died last December. She had a fever, she couldn''t breathe, then they admitted her into the hospital, and they diagnosed her with MRSA, sepsis, and pneumonia. She spent the better part of July 07-December 08 in the hospital. Her lungs failed and she died. We never found out what was actually causing it. She was at Shady Grove hospital, and many of the things they have done for Katie were also done for my boyfriend''s mother.

What I''ve said is not to make this situation worse, or to make it harder for you, my only reason for sharing this with you is that his mother''s death is still unresolved, and the doctors are still trying to figure out what it may have been. Katie is recovering, no doubt thanks in part to everyone who is praying for her! Modern medicine can only go so far. I am praying for Katie as well, she is young and her body better equipped to fight things off! Children can bounce back from anything it seems.

If they do diagnose her with something bigger, please share what it was. You may be helping more people than you think. It is so hard to lose someone close to you and never quite know why.

I''m so glad to hear that she''s doing better! She will be in my thoughts and prayers.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I am so relieved to hear a positive update!!!!! That''s WONDERFUL that she is improving!!!! We will keep sending PS dust until she''s totally out of the woods, but this is a GREAT start!!!! Woohoo!! Keep it up, Katie!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY - SO PLEASED she is doing better, delighted!!! What a darling little girl she is, thanks for the pic Alexis.

stbfyffe

Shiny_Rock
Alexis...I am very glad to hear that she is doing better, still praying for her though!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I will still be praying for her! I''m glad to hear she''s coming along, but I''ll hold my breath and pray until she''s up and running around again. I can''t imagine the hell her parents are going through.
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she is improving.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
i''m so happy to hear that there is some good news!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Alexis,

Just checking in to see how things are going. I am still thinking about her.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How is she doing? Any updates?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto, how is she?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Katie is doing better she is showing signs of clearing in her lungs. The DR''s took out her
smaller chest tubes and they just have the one large one in there now. They are looking at
taking her off the oscillator posssibly at the end of the week. But it depends on how well
her oxygen levels are and her scans are.
She is getting better slowly but surely. They are still looking at having her in the
hospital at least another month or so. They may take her off bypass next week if she
tolerates being taken off the oscillator. You know how it is, one thing depends on the
other, so we take it one day at a time. :)

Keep prayin! She is still critical but I will take the progress!! :)

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES FOR KATIE AND HER FAMILY. THE PRAYERS ARE
WORKING!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update! I''m glad to hear that she''s making progress.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Go Katie, go Katie, go Katie!!!! SUCH good news to hear!
36.gif

Kitiaral

Rough_Rock
I am so sorry for what she is going through. I will pray for her. I''m an ICU nurse and I see things like this all the time, but on older adults. It breaks my heart to think of this happening to such a sweet little girl. I look forward to the day that you post "she is all better!".

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome, Alexis!!

So glad to hear that she''s improving! Great, great news!
36.gif

****Dust****Dust****Dust**** for Katie!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 4:30:03 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~

Katie is doing better she is showing signs of clearing in her lungs. The DR''s took out her
smaller chest tubes and they just have the one large one in there now. They are looking at
taking her off the oscillator posssibly at the end of the week. But it depends on how well
her oxygen levels are and her scans are.

She is getting better slowly but surely. They are still looking at having her in the
hospital at least another month or so. They may take her off bypass next week if she
tolerates being taken off the oscillator. You know how it is, one thing depends on the
other, so we take it one day at a time. :)

Keep prayin! She is still critical but I will take the progress!! :)

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES FOR KATIE AND HER FAMILY. THE PRAYERS ARE
WORKING!!!
Yey, that''s awesome news! I will keep her in my prayers!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!!! Wonderful news, Alexis!! Katie is amazing!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
~*Alexis*~ - ack! Sometimes I miss these important sticky threads. It sounds like your Katies is coming around though, which is absolutely wonderful news. Please continue to keep us updated!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear more good news! What a relief. I will continue to hope for more improvement.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
THEY TOOK HER OFF THE VENT YESTERDAY AND SHE DID GREAT!!!!

Next week they might take her off bypass!!! I went and I saw her yesterday and she looks AMAZING! Her swelling is gone and she looks so much better! I am really happy, relieved, excited, content with all her progress!

She did open her eyes yesterday for me while I was in there. She keeps fighting the sedation medication and she is getting agitated still. She woke up and her eyes are bloodshot but she was looking at me and she was blinking and coughing and gagging because of the tube. But she is making great progress. They are going to do a portible CAT Scan today just to make sure there is nothing else. But things are looking great!!! They might let her wake up next week!!!!

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
What great news!!!! I''ve been thinking about the little girl and I''m glad she''s doing better!!! I''ll keep praying for her!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I meant osicllator...sorry...wrong machine....

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
wonderful news!!
36.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Such wonderful news!!! Keep fighting, Katie!
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Woo more good news! Thats wonderful!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOO!!! Fantastic news, Alexis! Keep it up, Katie!! Woo!!!!
36.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Hurray!
Go Katie!
36.gif

I''ve been anxiously following this thread for updates, and now I am very happy to hear that Katie is doing well. Poor girl...she has been through so much at such a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results