shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearly 2015 Projects or desired acquisitions

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
What a brilliant idea! I love the golden pearl with the angel wings. I want!! :love: :love: :love:

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I also can't wait to see the "golden snitch" completed. What a super idea! I am also a big HP nerd. :shhh:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
yingh|1425331313|3840854 said:
Lovinggems|1421309393|3816665 said:
Kay|1421267974|3816391 said:
Lovinggems|1420873266|3814475 said:
Inspired by pkinnew and Gellner necklaces, I bought some spinel and coated sapphires from Etsy and separated my necklace into 2 lots, I need to decide on the length and spacing of the pearls, this should me out of trouble this weekend. :Up_to_something:

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Any progress photos to share? Are those white/cream beads coated sapphires?
Hello Kay :wavey: , thanks for the extra inspiration photos, I was going to mixed the beads in one strand but decided to do separate colours based on one of your pics you posted.
Finished stringing last night, I need to find a few appropriate clasp and chop and change the length a bit. Yes the cream beads are coated sapphires, or that's what they were sold as, not expensive, but the spinels were half the price.

The beads are sold as 2 to 2.5mm, the pearls are 8 to 9mm.

Those are stunning! Please please neck shots! How long are the strands?

Would you be comfortable sharing the source of the black spinels? I am making a long Tahitian tin cup with PP, and this spinel look is growing on me by the seconds. Thanks!

Hi yingh I missed your post! I did post photos in the other forum as well, you should join sometime, lots of pearls there too.
Have you made a decision about your tin cup yet? I got my spinels from Etsy and it was like $14 USD for a 14 inch strand.

_27896.jpg

_27897.jpg

_27898.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I was in a jewelry store today, and saw the most beautiful wSS pendant, set in 18K white gold with diamonds. The setting was a series of small open circles, two with diamonds, and then the pearl at the bottom. I think the pearl was around 13-14mm, perfectly round. The price was $4000. ;(

I will be looking for something similar! It was bee-yooo-tiful. :drool:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
marymm|1424224644|3834141 said:
My GSS pendant from POJ came today - it is so beautiful - it really turned out great - I know I'll wear it a lot - and the GSS pearl is a good match color-wise for my GSS earring drops. Not sure when I'll get around to taking neck shots but meanwhile here's a glamor pic that Kevin took:

moreno-glam-shot_-_ps.jpg

I love this style of pearl pendant. It always reminds me of a surfer leather pearl choker but in a more elegant way. What type of chain is it and how thick? Is one end of the chain removable in case you want to change the pearl? Sorry for all my questions. I'm just really curious because this style is in my wishlist.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Ok I finally got a pearl for the golden south sea snitch project. Now I have to figure out the best way to make it into a necklace. It is drilled all the way through so if I have it as a pendant I'll need a head pin and cap. Oh well I'll figure it out. Here is the pearl. and here are different ways I can put it together. Let me know which you all think would work best!

I'd also prefer this to be in gold of at least 14 kt, but vermeil may be an option too. Or silver???

pearl is 12mm
__57_1.jpg

option 1

il_570xn_142.jpg

Charms hanging free over the pearl attached to the bail/wire wrapped area. This would be worn on a long gold chain

option 2

snitch01.jpg
pearl is attached to the 2 charms which are suspended/affixed from the chain. This would be worn at around 18 inches

option 3

snitch02.jpg
this is a mix of options 2 and 3, worn at about 18 inches

thoughts?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Ckrickett, just purely personal preference on my part, but I love Option 1 the best :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like opt 1 too, in yellow gold.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if you use the description from the book, it's a golden ball with silver wings.

Using the image from the film, when Harry is holding the Snitch in his hand, the wings open to the sides, so I'm voting for Option 2 (which would also solve your problem of the fully drilled pearl).

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
My ranking is 1, 2, 3. Can't wait to see it finished, ckrickett!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am trying to find decent white gold wings, I may have to get silver, which would be ok, but I;d prefer gold. Issue is I need them to be opposite sides so one right side one left side

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I had another thought ... for option 1, the hanging wing charms might scratch the pearl. I know I was upset when I scratched my gSS.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I like option 2 best, because it works best for a fully-drilled pearl, and I also would worry about the wings scratching the pearl in option 1.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pearl...I like the second option as well.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1421604341|3818472 said:
This is one of those very big birthay years for me where I will be officially older than dirt. So I have been thinking about what my pearl list would have on it. I have several things that I have been on my list for several years. The first is the white and golden ss lariat. One of my favorites has been the very special white and golden necklace that Pkin had PP make for her. The mix of the color shades is perfection in my opinion. Next would be Sea of Cortez earrings or any special Sea of Cortez pearls Douglas has. This past summer seeing all of the special Tahitians every one bought from the PP sale made me realize I love Tahitian pearls most. Finally having gotten my "fat sisters" rope makes me know that this year needs to be a year of a very special strand of Tahitians.

My list for this year has only one thing on it. A double strand rope of light multi colored barogueTahitians. Like the rope Tilda Swinton wore in the movie "I am Love". Jeremy at PP will be on the look out for the perfect pearls for me.

A white and a golden south sea tin cup...check :mrgreen:

A double strand of light multi colored baroque Tahitians.....check :naughty:

And a round light body tin cup....check :love:

Kasumi earrings....not on the list but....check :D

img_8404.jpg

img_8406.jpg

_31407.jpg

dscf1847_edited-1.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4RG, you definitely hit the treasure trove this year! So many scrumptious pieces! :love: :lickout:

Now my acquisition list includes GSS and WSS tin cups and 72" of Tahitians to wear doubled, tripled or quadrupled around my neck. :naughty: And I swore I would be good this year after the 2014 binge. :saint: :roll:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Wow 4ranchGirl!! These are all so STUNNING!!!!! Nice job

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
golden snitch project is done!
:)

fullsizerender-89.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! The wings are so delicate and the whole thing looks great together. I like that it is clearly a golden snitch but it doesn't look like fan jewelry but like jewelry (which it obviously is - I am not expressing myself well).

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It looks wonderful, Ckrickett! I love the design of the wings and the glowing golden pearl.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Cricket your project turned out perfectly lovely. It will be so much fun to wear. Congratulations and enjoy :clap: :clap: :clap:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautiful wings, ckrickett! So graceful, very pretty!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my it's amazing!! :appl:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett,
Looks fantastic! Love the wings design :clap:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, ckrickett! What a fun project and so beautifully executed!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the Golden Snitch necklace. Well done. The final wings you chose are definitely the best ones!

Have you tried it as a choker length?

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: This is fantastic!! :love:

Longtime rabid HP fan here, and I absolutely love this!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Cool snitch necklace, ckrickett!

And Ms. Ranchgirl, your pretties are so lovely to see as always.

I just ordered three necklaces from Catherine Cardellini but I really want to turn them into bracelets if the pearls look good on my wrist. I am the one who loves pearls, yet when I wear many of my pearl pieces, I am also the only one who doesn't get to see them. So the usual strand lengths and earrings are nice but ropes, rings, and bracelets are even better! It's frustrating that pearls are so bad about showing up accurately in photos but CC does a really good job of coming as close as possible and further assists with her written descriptions. Anyway, since the prices were great I went ahead and bought three strands even though they are in Australia (and I'm in the US). I really love how I can see several natural light photos of each specific strand without having to ask but it is dangerous because then I buy! I'll post an update when I get them for realz.

This first photo is AAA by CC's grading system, round multicolor, many metallics, 8.5-9.0 mm. At only $150 ( the most expensive, highest grade, and smallest pearls of the three) I thought it might make a nice double strand bracelet:

2609_multicolour_round_freshwater_pearl_necklace_and_earring_set_1_.jpg

This one is in the middle of the three in price, size, and wild color and luster I think, so if I wasn't being naughty I might have only ordered this one. Multi-color, 10-11.5mm, not perfect shape or surface, AA grade by CC's grading system. But the rougher skin etc. is I guess what also makes for those wild colors and lusters. Includes silver, purple, lilac, bronzey purple, lavender to lavender blue, shimmery orange to coral, a couple of pearls are bi-color. Sounds luscious to me.

2018_large_multicolour_tropical_freshwater_pearl_necklace_1_.jpg

And this last one is largest pearls, lowest grade, and cheapest of the three, and I think/hope wildest with those colors and flashes. A grade, 9.5- 12 mm. "Character pearls have the most amazing rich colours, here we have purple, lavender, lilac, pale gold and peach." ("Character" pearls also have bare nacre-less patches apparently but I plan to touch them up with nail polish).

1355_character_multi_toned_graduated_freshwater_pearl_necklace_1_.jpg

So now along with my previous purchases, I have pretty much covered my gifts for upcoming occasions for the next year. I did the same last year and DH likes it so it's a win-win. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results