shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearly 2015 Projects or desired acquisitions

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1421604341|3818472 said:
My list for this year has only one thing on it. A double strand rope of light multi colored barogueTahitians. Like the rope Tilda Swinton wore in the movie "I am Love". Jeremy at PP will be on the look out for the perfect pearls for me.

Here's the Tahitian rope from the front.
i-am-love_000471-686x375.jpg

i-am-love_001141-686x374-2.jpg

Found one more from the side.
tilda-swinton-i-am-love_3cb9c4bacfa01a72f0bdf0ab76c1ac1e.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I'm often suspicious of film and television jewelry. I usually assume it's fake, for reasons of cost and security. Films are expensive, wardrobe really adds up, and there are so many people on a movie set, who keeps track of the jewelry? The pearls worn by Tilda certainly look real, but how are we to know?

I think certain actresses can leverage for their wardrobe, but I wonder if they really care all that much. In one of the James Bond films, Judi Dench had some really pretty diamonds, but I would not be surprised if they were actually CZ.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Happy early Birthday 4RanchGirl! I know your rope will be fantastic and can't wait to see it. And thanks for the compliment on my gold and white SS necklace! I wore it to a Christmas party and felt amazing!

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
mynattk|1420764463|3813797 said:
Thanks CRDKeshi and Kay. It will be our first and I already bought myself a little Tahitian and diamond pendant to celebrate getting past 3 months of 24-hour "morning" sickness. ;))

Oh you poor kid! I remember that, but once it's gone, food'll taste better and you'll get back to a healthy weight. Soon it'll be a faint memory...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Marymm that is an absolutely outstanding GSSP!!! Please make sure to post ooooodles of pics when you get it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, Marymm. Can't wait to see it!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful MaryMM! I"m going to be keeping an eye on your neck shots.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearl! I am looking forward to your photos.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those are real and they are spectacular!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone - for sure I'll post IRL pics once I get my hands on this little pretty!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Marymm, the color on that pearl is gorgeous! What is the size?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1423236356|3828289 said:

Off topic, but this reminds me of a Seinfeld quote

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, luscious pearl!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1423244885|3828364 said:
Pirard|1423236356|3828289 said:

Off topic, but this reminds me of a Seinfeld quote

You are correct! I am glad someone gets my humor! The pearls really are spectacular, and that is certainly no joke.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My GSS pendant from POJ came today - it is so beautiful - it really turned out great - I know I'll wear it a lot - and the GSS pearl is a good match color-wise for my GSS earring drops. Not sure when I'll get around to taking neck shots but meanwhile here's a glamor pic that Kevin took:

moreno-glam-shot_-_ps.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love your GSS as a slide, so modern and chic, well done! Love :love: :love: :love: :love: Jealous :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful, marymm! Enjoy in good health.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Marymm, that GSS necklace is just stunning ... so simple and elegant, that pearl needs nothing more ... congratulations!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Oh my this is gorgeous, thank you for sharing the glamor photo!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
That is really a pretty pearl. Enjoy it!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous Marymm!!!! :love: :love:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Do you already have the wings? Are they similar in scale to the photo you posted?

I think the pearl you posted is nice, but do you need the enhancer bail? Do your wing charms open at the loop?

I had a thought; depending on the size of your golden wings, have you thought about a natural golden Akoya? Or is an 8-9mm pearl too small? I looked at PP and they seem to be out of stock, but you could ask if they have a loose pearl tucked away somewhere.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1424361103|3834866 said:
Do you already have the wings? Are they similar in scale to the photo you posted?

I think the pearl you posted is nice, but do you need the enhancer bail? Do your wing charms open at the loop?

I had a thought; depending on the size of your golden wings, have you thought about a natural golden Akoya? Or is an 8-9mm pearl too small? I looked at PP and they seem to be out of stock, but you could ask if they have a loose pearl tucked away somewhere.

I don;t have the wings yet, but I have seen them in person at a jewelry shop. I need the pearl to be 10MM-12MM to look best. However budget wise 10MM should be fine.

I liked that one because I could easily add 2 jump rings to add the charms. Other ones didn't seem like they would work. I was thinking of pricing it w/out the enhancer, or remove the enhancer and use it for another project in the future.

I was wondering how a metallic pink/gold pearl would look too

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Looking at gold metallic freshdamas for the project. I could probably go bigger MM and get a nicer pearl then get a lower GSS. I just need to make sure the color is right

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Bailey1856|1420130065|3810475 said:
My wish list: three strands of GSSP (17",20", 30") and two strands of Tahitians (25", 35"). Both ideas from POJ and PP blogs. I would also like a tahitian stretch bracelet or a cuff, something that doesn't slide around my wrist.

I bought some loose Tahitians to add to my multicoloured strand to make it into a harvest strand. I should have enough to make it a 35" rope. I also bought two unstrung strands of the POJ baby ripples. I have all what I need to start stringing but with the holidays I got busy (and I'm also procrastinating since it's going be my first time stringing).

Well,GSSps are off my list now. I realized Tahitians are my favorites so I'm revising my wish list- a 50' inch of blue/green body with pink/aubergine overtones (I covet dark tahitians recently,don't know why) and five more stretch bracelets.

Still have to string my POJ baby ripples and tahitian harvest strand :wall:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Marymm - beautiful pearls! The necklace is gorgeous ! Simple , elegant and modern !

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1421309393|3816665 said:
Kay|1421267974|3816391 said:
Lovinggems|1420873266|3814475 said:
Inspired by pkinnew and Gellner necklaces, I bought some spinel and coated sapphires from Etsy and separated my necklace into 2 lots, I need to decide on the length and spacing of the pearls, this should me out of trouble this weekend. :Up_to_something:

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Any progress photos to share? Are those white/cream beads coated sapphires?
Hello Kay :wavey: , thanks for the extra inspiration photos, I was going to mixed the beads in one strand but decided to do separate colours based on one of your pics you posted.
Finished stringing last night, I need to find a few appropriate clasp and chop and change the length a bit. Yes the cream beads are coated sapphires, or that's what they were sold as, not expensive, but the spinels were half the price.

The beads are sold as 2 to 2.5mm, the pearls are 8 to 9mm.

Those are stunning! Please please neck shots! How long are the strands?

Would you be comfortable sharing the source of the black spinels? I am making a long Tahitian tin cup with PP, and this spinel look is growing on me by the seconds. Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results