shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear / Etta James Thread Updates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been enjoying my new pear setting and matching wedding band immensely, after the whole saga of having it made. Since that time, I have done a few things that I wanted to "share with the group"...
1.gif

First, one night at a restaurant, I had my hands in my lap and went to pick up something with my left hand...well, my hand got caught on the rim of the underside of the table and THWACK! I hit my ring, HARD. This slightly bent the head forward (when I brought it in the jeweler didn''t notice, but it bothered me to no end) but did not send it flying (thank God...I''m sure this was because it was cast in one piece, instead of the head being soldered on). So I decided to have support bars put underneath the head. At first they only put on one, near the tip of the pear, but I felt like it looked as if it was an afterthought (though it was!) so I had them put a matching one on the other side.

I haven''t gotten around to taking any decent pictures, so the ones below are all I''ve got. I still need to get out in some sunlight and take some flower shots, but till then...these are all indoors underneath track lights.

fgsupport1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You may be wondering what that third ring is doing there.
27.gif

Or maybe you didn't notice it.
11.gif

On that same trip to the jewelers, she showed me these gorgeous art deco type rings, with marquise milgrained shapes that have rb stones in them. Eternity rings. Once I saw them STACKED with my wedding set, I about fainted and bought them right on the spot. I had the choice between wg or platinum, but the platinum were a little pricey so I went with the wg even thought he wedding set is platinum. I can't really tell the difference between the metals next to each other, and nobody would know it's not platinum if I didn't tell them.

She only had 1 in stock in wg, so I've only got one now, but there will be another identical one on the other side of the wedding set, flanking the whole set. LOVE IT!!!

fgtwirly1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having SO MUCH fun just mixing and matching them up...if I''ve gotta wear gloves or something at work, I just leave the ering at home and wear the two bands (and ultimately, 3 bands, the shared prong in the middle stacked with the marquise twirly bands on either side).

fgtwirlyset1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just adore the new little band...so fun...can't wait to get the other one!!!! Then I can take some more pics.
11.gif
I am really loving how fun mixing the shapes is!!

fgtwirlyset2.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve been busy! Your new band is very pretty.

I have a pear-shaped sapphire contraption that I did the exact same thing with (whacked it on something and had to have it repaired). Seems to be the nature of the beast?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Your new band is tooo pretty!! I think it kind of adds something to the pear...
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your new band is sooo pretty!

I''m glad you had the head on your ring "reinforced." Now you don''t have to worry about it!

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I really enjoyed seeing your ring.

The eternity ring made me wonder

Has anyone seen a eternity ring anywhere made using marquise cut diamonds set point to point all the way around?

So instead of Round brilliants in the middle of an eye shaped setting the diamond completely filled it in?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I''m loving the deco ring. It''s kinda like one that Brightspot was looking for once upon a time (till she got her honkin halo that can stand alone!!!) Tanuki, the closest I''ve seen to what you''re asking about is in this thread here. The Leon Mege one that is end to end doesn''t appear to be marquise stones to me - no tips. There is a Leon marquise eternity but they are not tip to tip.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
FG,

I love your new deco ring and it totally flows with the dainty/deliicate of your rings. These pretty little stack rings are so cute and yours is a great match/dress up with the set. Great move on the supports too - not only is it safer but I think it enhances the look of the ring too.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
FireGoddess, I love
30.gif
love
30.gif
your new ring ,
( ofcorse the E-ring set too!!)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your lovely new band is a terrific compliment to that awesome pear ring of yours!!! Your hands are quite pretty as well.

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
I agree, your bands are sweet and dainty.....a perfect combo! And I must add that I love your pear halo
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
FireGoddess,
I love your new band, it's so delicate and is a great addition to your set!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

kslim

Rough_Rock
New to this entire forum but I love it. Kaleigh I love your ring!!!! My fiance just whisked me away to Paris a couple weeks ago and proposed with something very similar. (no he did not propose on top of the eiffel tower - unlike Tom Cruise he thought that would be super cheesy). Tell me about what types of bands you tried on - I am wondering what I am going to match it with but I love your round brilliants...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just love your rings! And the new stacked band is really cute, I cant wait to see the pictures with both!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I love the look of the stacked rings! Please post more pics when you get the other band
10.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
How pretty, FG. I''m glad to finally see a pic. I think it will look great with one on the opposite side, and I like the idea of the 3 bands stacked when you don''t want to wear or can''t wear your e-ring. I know my e-ring sometimes gets in the way, but I always wear a wedding ring -- guess I''m old fashioned like that.
20.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surely like it better with the bars in place
1.gif
Good for you - it is nice to be kept bussy by jewelry ... if anything is.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, FG, I was really looking forward to seeing pics of your new band & it''s even more lovely than I imagined!!!
30.gif
I think the band looks gorgous w/ your wedding set--the curvy marquise shape plays up the curves in your scrumptuous pear! And the 2 bands look so pretty & delicate when worn alone. I can''t wait to see 3 of them together.

Wow, now you really have me thinking!
31.gif
I thought I''d narrowed down my choices to either a plain plat. band or a thin diamond eternity band, but I really, really love yours....
27.gif

I think you made a wise choice installing the support bars. They don''t look like an afterthought at all!
36.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great FG! Love the art deco band... they are all so tiny and delicate!

Rube

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful eternity band!
30.gif
How could you stop at two?
31.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A really nice look. I have thought of adding an eternity band to my rings. Really very pretty and I like the bars underneath your stone. Looks more substantial. Good job I''d say!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody! I called the jeweler to find out if the other band was in but it''s still not there.
15.gif
Will definitely take more pictures when it comes in!!

The thing that I love about this band (besides its art deco/vintage look which I really dig these days) is that it allows the ever-changing, ever-longing for more part of me be satiated somewhat. When I want the really dainty look I just wear the 2 thin bands together, and when I want a thicker, blingier look I just stack all of them up! I really like this, because when I had thick bands on, I found myself longing for a dainter, thinner look, and sometimes when I have the thin bands on, I see people with big thick bands and love those TOO!!!
37.gif
Now I can have it BOTH ways...
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Firegoddes, i totally love the look of your new band. i''m really into the stacking thing right now and being able to mix and match is so fun. i can''t wait to see pics with the new band
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love them!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''m loving the new band(soon to be bands) too! It''s gorgeous! I agree, multiple bands fill some of that need for variety.

Glad the pear is reinforced and more secure now! phew!
30.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love the deco band, who makes it? It is so unique, I have never seen a band quite like it. Great choice!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mrs S, Jenn, Kaylagee, and Ms F!! I''m not sure who made the ring - when my other band finally comes in I''ll ask my jeweler who they''re from. I hadn''t seen anything like it either - the closest were a few bands from Fay Cullen (that I hadn''t seen in person) and one from Simon G that was part of a wedding set...but it was significantly different. I am getting sucked into this vintage inspired look!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
FG, how did I miss this update?!

I LOVE the band, and I glad that the head of your ring is nice and secure now.
1.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results