shape
carat
color
clarity

Deco-style wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Does anyone know where I could find a platinum & diamond deco-styled eternity ring? I'm looking for a ring that's similar in style to this one, but instead of alternating a square emerald & a marquise-shaped section w/ a diamond in the center, I'd like it to just have the marquise-shaped sections all in a row around the band.

I know this band is out there, but I can't seem to find a picture of it online!

Thanks!

I'm thinking that this type of band might go nicely w/ my e-ring. (which, of course, I haven't gotten yet...
6.gif
) Just planning ahead...
20.gif

See how those marquise-shaped pieces look really similar to the pieces on the shoulders of this ring? That's what I was thinking....

5.jpg

emerald deco band.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I know...I thought for sure Fay would have it, but she doesn''t.
7.gif
antiqueengagementrings.com doesn''t either...

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The poster Amethyste on the Better than Diamond site has a ring like that. I don''t know if it is diamond though.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I know this probably isn''t much help, since I couldn''t find what you were looking fo,r but antiquejewelrymall.com has some nice wedding rings (although they use the category deco very loosely!)

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Amethyste used to post here too. What happened to her? She was also at DT.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
what about this one?

813639fffwannabuyawatch.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Good call, ladies!

Fountainfairfax, that's exactly what I had in mind. Now if I could find it in platinum for less money....
9.gif

mrssalvo, that band is also gorgeous. Hmm. It seems there are many good options.

ETA: kaleigh, I believe Stardust Antiques could get this band for me. When I was looking at their asscher ring, they said they could order an eternity band with just marquise shapes if I wanted. That makes me think it's fairly easy to get...surely someone else carries it too?

What about the bottom band on this stack? It might be nice to have the hex alternating (perhaps that would mirror the octagonal halo a bit?

What do you guys think?

26032.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Brightspot,
i was just thinking you might want to wait until you get your e-ring and then try some different styles on with it. a local antique jewelry would probably have a good selection. that way you''ll be able to see which style will really compliment your ring and not compete with it. You''re going to have such a beautiful ring with lovely details a simple plain or thin pave band might look best. Are you wanting to wear them on the same finger?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with mrssalvo. You need to try these bands on with your ering to see what looks best with it. Also some bands may sit well with it, others may not. Don''t worry, you''re going to have it soon, I hope!!!
1.gif

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the one you posted and the onerom wanna buy a watch, but I think it is a good idea to try some on first...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
all of those bands are beautiful!

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
Or this?

jlc -artofplatinum.jpg

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
www.doyledoyle.com

That is where my boyfriend originally went to get my e-ring do now we have store credit there. They have much more in their store than they do online, but if you contact them with the photo of the one you liked in wg they might have some similar things to show you.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2005 3:06:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Hey Brightspot,
i was just thinking you might want to wait until you get your e-ring and then try some different styles on with it. a local antique jewelry would probably have a good selection. that way you''ll be able to see which style will really compliment your ring and not compete with it. You''re going to have such a beautiful ring with lovely details a simple plain or thin pave band might look best. Are you wanting to wear them on the same finger?
Oh, mrssalvo, I agree 100%! I''m definitely planning to try on bands w/ my e-ring at local antique jewelry stores (I have at least 2 picked out already) once I receive it. I just wanted to get a sense of what a few options might be. (Don''t laugh, but I actually had a dream about the marquise band...
23.gif
)

My e-ring may be so detailed that it might look better w/ a plain band after all. I don''t want the band to overwhelm or take away from the look of the e-ring.

I definitely want to wear the w-ring & e-ring on the same finger. So a big deciding factor will be what bands actually fit under the halo & sit well against the mounting, as you suggested kaleigh.

jlc0604, those Leon Marge bands are just gorgeous, but unfortunately wouldn''t fit w/ my e-ring. (the whole halo apparatus on my e-ring will be around 13.5 mm!
6.gif
)

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
. . . . . still waiting . . . oops, wrong thread.
2.gif
I''m just teasing you, BS.

Once you get your e-ring, you''ll definitely have to try bands on. What looks right to you with your halo may or may not be what looks good to us bling nuts.

I like the idea of those marquise shaped pieces, eternity style, with 2 small rounds in each piece. Did you talk to Quest about this already? You''re okay with the gap between your e-ring and wedding band, right?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LOL, diamondlil!
2.gif
Yeah, I'm still waiting...

My initial thought w/ this ring was that a plain, thin, relatively flat platinum band would work best & wouldn't distract from the e-ring. Then I wondered if it would be weird to have a plain band against this shank (what do they call it, ribbed? It has one band kind of on top of the other...)--like I was trying to match the bands, but failing? That's what made me think of diamond bands... (well, that and all of the bling on PS!)

I showed Rose at Quest a picture of the slim bead-set diamond eternity band at antiqueengagementrings.com when I ordered the e-ring & she said it would slide under the halo & fit nearly flush w/ the e-ring. Hopefully there won't be much of a gap...

Do you think a B&M jewelry store would mind if I took pictures of w-bands I tried on w/ my e-ring?

So, I'll just have to see what looks good with the e-ring when I get it...someday...
20.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results