shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear / Etta James Thread Updates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
You have my absolute favorite pear ring!!!! so delicate and fire-y! I''ve been drooling over your set for awhile and now I am dying for your stacking band!!!!!

I LOVE THAT!!! So jealous!!! Please pm me the info on price and where you got it from if you don''t mind?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty! Congrats!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG I really like the extra support you added, I think that it looks better as well as giving you that extra peace of mind!

And love the art deco band, I''m such a sucker for those stackers and it looks fab with your super skinny rings. Mine are a big more chunky so not sure I could get away with that!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2005 8:20:53 PM
Author: tanuki
I really enjoyed seeing your ring.

The eternity ring made me wonder

Has anyone seen a eternity ring anywhere made using marquise cut diamonds set point to point all the way around?

So instead of Round brilliants in the middle of an eye shaped setting the diamond completely filled it in?
Well, I just was looking on the cheap eternity bands thread and noticed that Matadora had some QVC stack rings that she mixed with her diamonds so I went over to look. (I think it was QVC, I also looked at HSN). I saw one just like you are talking about, except in CZ, of course.

I''m loving those dainty eternity bands! I think I''ve got a Jones for some, I''ve caught the bug! Your pear and setting are so pretty, and those bands just set them off so beautifully!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words! GBC, I will PM you the info you requested on the deco band.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Michelle,

I actually don''t know if it''s a Carl Blackburn or not, yet. The jeweler told me "oh look what new bands we got in just now" and I loved them so much I bought them immediately! There was only 1 in stock in wg so when the second one comes in from being ordered, I will ask where it''s from...it was love at first sight and I didn''t stop to even ask!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Love that new band. It really looks perfect with your set. I agree that the bars on your pear look good. They do not look like an afterthought. I''m thinking that with multiple teeny bands like that, a lot of people here would have that versatility that maybe is what we are craving with an upgrade. Just a thought. Sometimes I think it''s a little bit of variety is the spice of life syndrome that cause us to want to upgrade.
2.gif
The other thing that causes that is crappy maul diamonds when we didn''t know any better.
14.gif

Shay

peachy

Shiny_Rock
**BUMP**

FireGoddess - any new pictures with both your art deco bands?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey, FG, I think I might''ve decided on getting a band like your deco band for my w-band in platinum. Any chance you could point me to your jeweler? I haven''t been able to find a band exactly like that locally. I would PM you....
emotion-18.gif
Thanks!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paula - sorry I never responded- my jeweler dropped the ball (not the best news for you Brightspot!, which is why I never made the info public) on the second ring and after a few attempts, I decided not to pursue it anymore since stacking 4 rings woulda squeezed my fingers too much.

Brightspot - I''m trying to find a way to give you the info privately...it''s like 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon around here.
2.gif
Do you have anyone''s email that could put you in contact with Pebbles or Diamondlil, both of whom should have my email address?
Can anyone connect us?! (If you have my email, feel free to distribute to PS veterans.)
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey FG,

Thanks... The only PS member''s email address I have is kaleigh''s...maybe she could put me into contact with you or diamondlil? I miss PMs...

I wonder if Lenoid or Irina could facilitate a transfer of contact info if both parties requested this?

Do you remember how much the band cost in WG vs. platinum?

Thanks for your help.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 7:38:49 PM
Author: BrightSpot
Hey FG,

Thanks... The only PS member's email address I have is kaleigh's...maybe she could put me into contact with you or diamondlil? <sigh> I miss PMs...

I wonder if Lenoid or Irina could facilitate a transfer of contact info if both parties requested this?

Do you remember how much the band cost in WG vs. platinum?

Thanks for your help.
1.gif
I already tried the second route you suggested, but it was denied. Kaleigh and Diamondlil are in contact, so if you go through Kaleigh, Diamondlil can either give her my email or pass you onto me, either way. As I recall, the jeweler charged me about $5-600 for the wg, and quoted the platinum band as somewhere in the vicinity of $1000+.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the meantime I will tell you that the closest I've found to my ring online, is THIS one (shown below). It actually looks exactly like my ring. I don't know anyone who's bought from this company before, but the price is in the range I paid and the ring looks the same. Anyway, something to keep in mind in case the jeweler I got it from doesn't come through for you.

813639.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, FG! You''re amazing!
9.gif

The ring you posted above looks just like yours. As yours is also in WG & your wedding set is in plat., does that ever bother you? Can you tell the difference in color between the metals? I''m planning to order the ring so I can wear it on my left or right hand so it won''t always be worn right next to my e-ring, so maybe the metal wouldn''t matter.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anything to help a sweet fellow-jewelry-lover.
1.gif

The deco band is in white gold and my wedding set is in platinum. I honestly hardly ever wear the matching platinum band I had made at the same time as the ering. I almost exclusively wear the wg deco band with the platinum ering. I can''t tell a difference in the metals whatsoever, other than the fact that the deco band is so lightweight in comparison to the heavy platinum ering. I''ve had this band for how long....just over 7 months, have ultrasonic cleaned it to death, and still haven''t noticed any difference in metal color or needed to rhodium plate the band. I was always told that one should never mix metals, that the wg would look yellow over time next to the platinum...but IMO, they look the same, and when the rhodium starts to go....redip!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how I miss those PMs too. The effort to contact each other is painful!!!!!
32.gif
I got BrightSpot''s email and have forwarded the address to FG. We''re on a roll now . . . .
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious, FG, why would you not want to post the information re: your jeweler here?

I have posted my jeweler's name/contact info etc previously in public, as a business I wouldn't think it would be nothing someone could get by looking up their name right?

Maybe then not just BrightSpot could benefit!
5.gif

Just a thought...now that PM's are gone, I think that people will have to be more out in the open about things that previously would have felt more private.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 6:01:06 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Paula - sorry I never responded- my jeweler dropped the ball (not the best news for you Brightspot!, which is why I never made the info public) on the second ring and after a few attempts, I decided not to pursue it anymore since stacking 4 rings woulda squeezed my fingers too much.

Mara, here''s what FG said as to why she didn''t post her jeweler
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mrs.. but I don''t understand why that had anything to do with FG not giving the contact info publicly. Her next line was ''I''m trying to give you the info privately''...I assumed the contact info? Just didn''t see why it would need to be a big behind the scenes email thing to give a phone number and name.
2.gif

Also even if it''s a story re: the jeweler, why not post that publicly? Not like anyone knows this jeweler right? Plus even if they did, good and bad should be noted IMO.

Anyway...I think part of the reason for the PM''s being gone is that the moderators WANT more items to be public and up front, rather than behind the scenes. So going behind to still email it (and how tedious to get the email address for 3 other people!) kind of misses that particular point.

Just a thought.
5.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is indeed the contact info Brightspot asked for, and I feel more comfortable giving it to her in private. I gave it to another PSer several months ago in fact, by PM. If you notice, I have never, ever disclosed the name of my jeweler in any of my threads because honestly, this person is a freaking pain to work with and I want to find somebody else. Why should I put their name in a thread that has a nice ring in it when honestly, I don't feel like giving them more business? I would be embarassed if someone I referred to this jeweler had to go through some of the crap I went through. If someone were to come on PS and say "hey, has anyone worked with X jeweler?" and the jeweler in question happened to be this particular jeweler, I would freely say "hey, I've worked with them x times and every time it's been a hassle...go somewhere else."

Still, I get the whole thing about PMs being gone and I understand the reasons put forth, but I do think it's detrimental for some types of communication. Maybe somebody wants to know how much someone else paid for a custom piece and they don't feel comfortable disclosing that in a public forum. I've asked several people if they minded telling me how much x piece cost to make, etc. Those numbers were never disclosed publicly because if they wanted to do so, they would have. That's my 2 cents.
1.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I missed it, but why was the PM option removed?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some sort of security issues, but feel free to contact the administrator for more details using this link. I don't want this jewelry thread to be locked for discussing PMs!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 2:25:58 PM
Author: orbaya
I guess I missed it, but why was the PM option removed?
Security reasons.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 2:15:34 PM
It is indeed the contact info Brightspot asked for, and I feel more comfortable giving it to her in private. I gave it to another PSer several months ago in fact, by PM. If you notice, I have never, ever disclosed the name of my jeweler in any of my threads because honestly, this person is a freaking pain to work with and I want to find somebody else. Why should I put their name in a thread that has a nice ring in it when honestly, I don't feel like giving them more business? I would be embarassed if someone I referred to this jeweler had to go through some of the crap I went through. If someone were to come on PS and say 'hey, has anyone worked with X jeweler?' and the jeweler in question happened to be this particular jeweler, I would freely say 'hey, I've worked with them x times and every time it's been a hassle...go somewhere else.'

Still, I get the whole thing about PMs being gone and I understand the reasons put forth, but I do think it's detrimental for some types of communication. Maybe somebody wants to know how much someone else paid for a custom piece and they don't feel comfortable disclosing that in a public forum. I've asked several people if they minded telling me how much x piece cost to make, etc. Those numbers were never disclosed publicly because if they wanted to do so, they would have. That's my 2 cents.
1.gif
I can see where you are coming from BUT now that you explained that whole first paragraph to me, I don't understand why you couldn't have just said that originally? 'BrightSpot, I had a huge hassle with them but if you want to try working with them even though I don't recommend it, here's the info.'

I agree something like pricing maybe can be touchy (but unfortunately we have to get over that as well and give 'ballparks' now that PM is gone)...but what you wrote up above to me makes perfect sense and is totally appropriate to be posted in public.

IMO PM's weren't just removed for just one reason, but multiple and after thinking about it..I realize I personally prefer stuff out in the open rather than behind the scenes, which is why I would see nothing wrong with you posting what you posted and letting BS figure things out for herself.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack your beautiful ring thread by any means...but I have seen alot of the whole 'oh I wish I could PM or email you this' going on and I keep thinking...people there is a reason it is gone! And then someone puts whatever they thought about PM'ing out in public and it ends up not even being remotely bad or private seeming (aka someone made a hand cream recommendation the other day that benefitted multiple people, why would that be PM'd?).

Maybe posting certain things in public isn't going to be so horrible after all.
5.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I respect your opinion Mara, but in this case we just have to agree to disagree, because I don't see things in this situation your way. If I had something to recommend that I thought would benefit people, I would be the first to say so publicly.

A simple google search of my jeweler turns up nothing but contact information. A google search of any of the smaller vendors mentioned in threads on PS immediately turns up the thread in which they are discussed. Outing a jeweler in a negative light on PS who lives just up the road from me would immediately make the thread where I was honest about their work link up to the google search every single time the jeweler was queried. Part of the reason reviews are anonymous is so that they can be absolutely truthful. While maybe you think the dispersal of information would be beneficial to all, the reality is that as soon as the jeweler queries himself, sees the thread, and sees my custom ring, my identity is loud and clear to that person. I have no problems with them personally, and in fact they are nice people, but they are a real pain to work with. So to protect my personal identity, I have never used their name, particularly since they are (A) a small store that 99.9% of you will never encounter, and (B) not recommended by me. Besides, I'm the one who has to run into them at Starbucks on a given day of the week.
2.gif
When people have privately asked for the jeweler's name, I have given it out. But nobody's opinion is going to change the fact that I don't want to publicly disclose this particular vendor's identity. I could have said, "No Brightspot, I'm not going to give you the information." Instead I chose to seek a private avenue to do so to HELP her out. That IS in the true spirit of this forum, whether the popular mechanism to do so, or not.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was glad to be able to help BrightSpot. I agree there are some things you just want to discuss privately.
2.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 4:15:21 PM
Instead I chose to seek a private avenue to do so to HELP her out. That IS in the true spirit of this forum, whether the popular mechanism to do so, or not.
9.gif
I agree! Everyone I've chatted with on this forum, either privately or on the boards, has been extremely nice & helpful & gone out of their way to assist me. I think that's part of what makes PS such a special place...that and the bling, of course.
31.gif

Thanks again for your help, FG, kaleigh & diamondlil.
1.gif

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I just wanted to say that I have always LOVED FG''s wedding bands, and have communicated with her about them before. Knowing that she doesn''t really recommend the jeweler she went to, I searched for a similar one somewhere else. I have been able to come across several different options. First, on www.solomonbrothers.com if you search for jewelry by the designer c.gonshor, there are a couple art-deco type wedding bands. Second, on this link, under the title "rings" there are several of similar art-deco bands: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone is still looking for similar rings, the jeweler who is making my wedding set sells similar bands...

http://www.dscaasi.com/english/ring/default.asp

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great websites!!!!! Did I mention I want a wide band in the same style for those days when I can''t wear my ering??
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one from Pearlmans looks really close...

09PP13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results